• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo = "one voice"

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Bo is contemplating no media access to his assistants. Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

Steven M. Sipple: Bo should think hard before denying access to assistants : Latest Husker News

Personally, I think this a bad idea... I think it will divide the fans, media and university even more than it already is, especially if we continue to have issue's on the field.
Bo can hardly complete a sentence when he's speaking to the media. The dude needs to hang around Tim Miles for awhile and take notes on how an interview is done.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much gets a meh from me. Finding it hard to give a fuck these days what Bo does.

Just so much silly fucking petty shit that gets done and said both that I'm tired of it all.

Obviously I still love Husker sports and watch all kinds of games, but a god damn circus comes along with the most important one, football, that I just despise. And the lack of technique, discipline and terribad losses don't help either.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much gets a meh from me. Finding it hard to give a fuck these days what Bo does.

Just so much silly fucking petty shit that gets done and said both that I'm tired of it all.

Obviously I still love Husker sports and watch all kinds of games, but a god damn circus comes along with the most important one, football, that I just despise.

Pretty much agree with Sandhill here, but I guess if I was Bo I would prolly do the same. Its to easy to pick apart what a person says and turn it around completely and the fewer people speaking the less chance of controversy.

Personally I feel like we pay a coach to coach, not to have hundreds of meaningless pressers to try and make us feel warm and fuzzy. It wouldnt hurt my feelings if he shut the press out completely.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Pretty much agree with Sandhill here, but I guess if I was Bo I would prolly do the same. Its to easy to pick apart what a person says and turn it around completely and the fewer people speaking the less chance of controversy.

Personally I feel like we pay a coach to coach, not to have hundreds of meaningless pressers to try and make us feel warm and fuzzy. It wouldnt hurt my feelings if he shut the press out completely.

He is so much more than just the coach. He's the face of the program.
Their is obviously a huge divide when Husker fans could give two shits less about the program, if those supporting and following the team don't give a fuck anymore, then there is more serious problems ahead.

Possibly the pressers wouldn't be so meaningless if the press had a set and ask more serious questions, instead of "whaddya have for breakfast this morning Bo"? They don't want to piss down the leg that waddles them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great idea.

That should fix things like player development, fundamentals, discipline, turnovers, special teams, and angry outbursts.
He should go a step further though and ban the fans and the media from Memorial Stadium on game day. Well just wait for Bo to announce what the score was in his post game presser.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
70997d1358920125-i-have-proof-illuminati-exists-get-prepped-sarcasm-alert-gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so much more than just the coach. He's the face of the program. Their is obviously a huge divide when Husker fans could give two shits less about the program, if those supporting and following the team don't give a fuck anymore, then there is more serious problems ahead.

Possibly the pressers wouldn't be so meaningless if the press had a set and ask more serious questions, instead of "whaddya have for breakfast this morning Bo"? They don't want to piss down the leg that waddles them.

He is more than the face of the program. He is the face of the athletic department, he is the face of the university, and he is the face of the state. He is the highest paid state employee. When people think about the state of Nebraska they think of 2 things, meat/steaks and football. As the head football coach you are the face of the state. If that is too much responsibility for someone to handle then they shouldn't come here.

As for "one voice", is it something that I think should happen or something I would do if I was in the situation? No, not at all. To me it sounds a lot like Steve Pederson and his dictatorship that he instilled. Does he not trust his own personal hand picked best friend assistants enough to be able to portray the same "process" and verbalize it and be on the same page? But at the same time, the "one voice" bullshit is just typical Bo trying to insulate his program and create a bunker mentality of us against the world while making sure that the "us" part of that doesn't include anyone that is not a coach or player. I don't really care because this is the crap that I come to expect from Bo.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a desperate man taking desperate measures.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His assistants on different occasions made the program look like they did not know what they were doing. You would think you would prevent this by having knowledgeable assistants who are on the same page but no Pelini can not do that so the alternative is not to let them speak.

These are professionals making hundreds of thousands a year but they can not be put in front of a microphone? IMO it is an act of desperation to stop the embarrassments.

Can you name me a successful program where the the assistants are neutered... I mean muted.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There were times when (media) took things maybe out of context, and people started making assumptions based on what somebody said," said Pelini, declining to cite specific examples.

Whatever could have been taken "out of context"?

"times" = more than once

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Bo is afraid of his assistants making the program look bad?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Bo is afraid of his assistants making the program look bad?

If we take Bo for his word, what have his assistants or coordinators said that have been taken "out of context" by the media?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply for this one game........I can already tell by Bo's past.

Either he is concerned about the media asking his assistants questions about possible staff turnover after the bowl game, or he is actually making some changes and he doesn't want the staff members who are leaving the program to be talking to the media right now.

This won't last past the bowl game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply for this one game........I can already tell by Bo's past.

Either he is concerned about the media asking his assistants questions about possible staff turnover after the bowl game, or he is actually making some changes and he doesn't want the staff members who are leaving the program to be talking to the media right now.

There was a link posted.

As Nebraska prepares for Wednesday's Gator Bowl, Pelini is denying media access to his assistant coaches, coordinators included. He's considering making it a standing policy — no interviews with assistants.

Pelini, by the way, makes it clear he believes in his staff. He likes its chemistry. He plans no changes in coaching personnel.

Steven M. Sipple: Bo should think hard before denying access to assistants : Latest Husker News

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

I take it by this comment you didn't read the link......

As Nebraska prepares for Wednesday's Gator Bowl, Pelini is denying media access to his assistant coaches, coordinators included. He's considering making it a standing policy — no interviews with assistants

Pelini, by the way, makes it clear he believes in his staff. He likes its chemistry. He plans no changes in coaching personnel.

Unless he's lying again....

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh bite my ass with this bogetory bullshit