• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Calls out the Refs

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. Thought this was about Pelini. Carry on

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish Bo had taken the high road after the loss and let everyone else watching the game do the bitching about the refs for him. Why we didn't attack more with Kaminsky down low with Okafor and Winslow sitting on the bench I'm never really going to understand.

The physical play that wasn't called didn't bother me so much, the out of bounds calls did. Why do we have replay if the refs are blind to begin with? If just one of those two calls were correct, it's a tie game at 63 and Duke's ball with 45 seconds to go. Would have been a much more interesting finish.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice to see the players were more classy than the coach. :clap:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough to beat traditional power schools in close games. That has something to do with talent and a lot to do with perception. For the same reason Michael Jordan got to take 4 steps between dribbles and carry the ball every damn time he dribbled but yet had more fouls callen on him than any player in the league. Once your perception is at a certain level you get away with more and can demand more from the officials. Its always been that way and probably always will be that way. I honestly didnt think it was TERRIBLE last night, certainly not good and I have NO CLUE how they gave Duke the ball at the end when it was clear that they were the last team to touch it but overall it wasnt the worst officiated game Ive seen. Just pretty bad.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just shake my head at all the whining.

The fact is Wisconsin became passive on the perimeter and it played right into Duke's hands. And griping about the physicality of the game? Wisconsin never met Duke's physical play because they were taught to play without fouling. How hard do you know how to play if you never get a foul called on you?

The incessant dribbling, every single time Wisky guys caught it they faked, jabbed step, pump faked, etc,. while never just taking it to the glass. Then the shot clock winding down and all of a sudden they heave a shot up. By Ryan's own admission, they were so efficient that it cost them.

"He who hesitates is lost". I believe Confucius said that but I may have hesitated and be completely wrong.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw all the replays on CBS and I saw nothing that could over turn it until a day later when I saw a still image of Winslow's finger bending. They needed concrete evidence to overturn the call made and they didn't have it. It may have looked like Winslow touched it but they didn't have an angle that showed it at the time. The Tyre foul was the one they looked at to see if it was flagrant.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I take from this is and the "rent-a-player" comment is that Bo Ryan is an incredibly sore loser. When MD beat them in February, he basically interrupted Mark Turgeon's postgame press conference because "he had a plane to catch." He basically takes a dig at Coach K because he doesn't want to admit that his team - his supposedly "mature, experienced" bunch - choked and starting hoisting jumpers while Duke took it to the rim time and time again.

Bo Ryan is just mad because none of these "one and done"talents would consider going to Wisconsin. Diamond Stone went to MD, despite growing up in Wisconsin's virtual backyard. There's a reason for that. This shows that no matter how old you are, some people never learn how to grow up

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I take from this is and the "rent-a-player" comment is that Bo Ryan is an incredibly sore loser. When MD beat them in February, he basically interrupted Mark Turgeon's postgame press conference because "he had a plane to catch." He basically takes a dig at Coach K because he doesn't want to admit that his team - his supposedly "mature, experienced" bunch - choked and starting hoisting jumpers while Duke took it to the rim time and time again.

Bo Ryan is just mad because none of these "one and done"talents would consider going to Wisconsin. Diamond Stone went to MD, despite growing up in Wisconsin's virtual backyard. There's a reason for that. This shows that no matter how old you are, some people never learn how to grow up

For the upteenth time, that comment was not referring to one-and-done players. He literally said that in the comment. He was asked whether he would miss his Seniors. He said that all of his Seniors had been there for 4-5 years, so they weren't grad transfers like Russell Wilson (which he said he doesn't take*, hence the quote). And he said that when you know players for 4-5 years and help them grow you have a close emotional attachment to them.

Is it now somehow controversial to say that you have a closer emotional attachment to guys that you coached for 4-5 years than guys that you coached for one? Because that is all he said. If Coach K said, "I'm especially gonna miss Quinn Cook because of the way that he has grown over these four years" would anybody be pissed about that?

As I've said before, Bo has never said he wouldn't take one-and-dones. Indeed, Bo has recruited one-and-dones, and has had two players who easily could have been one-and-dones had they chose to (D. Harris and Dekker). Bo wants guys who don't feel entitled to spots and want to have the chip on their shoulder and work hard. Diamond Stone is a great player, but I don't think he liked the idea of being yanked for his mistakes. He also liked the idea of playing with Melo Trimble. I can't blame him for either of those values, but I don't think it says anything about Bo's maturity.

*And to the best of my knowledge, neither has Coach K. It's why the idea that Coach K or Duke was the target of his claim is so absurd.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I marked this post bullshit because it is factually wrong. I have no problem with you marking my posts as bullshit, but explain why. If I wanted a site where people posted trollish lies and then refused to defend them, I never would have left ESPN.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw all the replays on CBS and I saw nothing that could over turn it until a day later when I saw a still image of Winslow's finger bending. They needed concrete evidence to overturn the call made and they didn't have it. It may have looked like Winslow touched it but they didn't have an angle that showed it at the time. The Tyre foul was the one they looked at to see if it was flagrant.

Man...I was glued to the tv at that time and agree 100 percent. It's wasn't near as obvious as people want to make it. These guys need to put on a whistle and lets see them keep up with D1 speed. Fuckers would live in a monitor begging for relief.