• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blue Jays at their other home field: Safeco

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowadays most people who go to the Mariners games, don't go for the team but go for the social aspect of it. It's something you can go do with people on a summer night. I honestly have more female friends who go to Mariners games than male friends who do.

well put

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the this issue with passive fans isn't exactly something that is new...I remember in 02 going to a Red Soxs game at the Safe and every time the Soxs would get a big hit or get a big strike out there would be a huge roar...and then when we get a good hit...our fans are still sitting golf clapping

I never got the opportunity to actually attend the games at the Kingdome back in 95 but I remember watching the games on tv and those crowds were raucous and wild. That was a home field advantage right there. Not sure how its turned to this...because in 2001 and even still in 2002 we were still really good

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the mid 90s, we all drank a lot in the stands to take the anxiety off of the fact that a piece of the ceiling could fall and kill us at any time.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always funny to see the rare poster on here who might as well be howie and chuck making arguments about why Blue Jays fans are more vocal and passionate at their home field, Safeco, than Mariners fans are.

as somebody else said, most mariners fans who show up for games don't even care about baseball. they're at the park because it's nice out and they want to have a wholesome social experience.

that is the fan that howie and chuck have cultivated for the past decade. not many of them show up at all, but evidently, it's plenty to keep them and by extension, the m's owners and investors, happy.
Put a playoff caliber team on the field for a season and those will be outnumbered by the ones who are ready to get excited for this team. Hopefully that is starting to happen with some of the young guys showing signs of being actual major league players, but until then I'm not sure why anyone's surprised to see this.