• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blow it Up NOW. Don't wait Until June.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much the same old story year after year. I wonder how many fans over the last 15 years or so have pretty much put following the Mariners on the back burner? There is the usual hype going into Spring Training, the usual hype following a Manager replacement, the usual hype following a GM replacement and the occasional hype following changes in ownership. It's pretty much been that way since the days of Lou. John Stanton seems to me to be a really nice guy who really cares about baseball and the players but as the Chairman, it doesn't appear by the results I see, that he hammers the ownership group enough to effect a genuine winning franchise. It just seems everyone is satisfied with a mediocre club from the top down. Dipoto is a wheeler-dealer not doubt but makes his share of mistakes as the GM. Servais, a nice guy at best, is an inexperienced rookie Manager who cares more about players feelings rather than kicking ass and taking names later-which I think is a must to be a winning team and to gain respect from the players. Scott's main statement in post game interviews when we have lost a game or the guys did terrible is: "That's baseball, it happens". I'll bet you don't hear AJ say stuff like that when the Stros lose....which doesn't happen a whole hell of a lot these days. The Mariners have been, and continue to be in a decades long Funk that doesn't seem to be any different from year to year.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we could Nuke them from orbit just to be sure

But as far as all those trades you rattled off ... there are some accounting issues that have a whole lotta $$$$ signs involved

It ain't just about the 'trade' - its how much money would we want to choke on to part ways with various players.

It ain't time to burn the furniture to heat the cabin just yet ... lets give this offense a chance to get rolling once the entire gang is on board.

2018 Mariners can disappoint with 75 wins or they can get rolling and put together a nice 87-89 win season just as easily with a few breaks. The later puts them in a playoff race in Sept

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42 years, of which 5 made the playoffs. And I went to Pilots Games at Sicks Stadium.

Time to BLOW it UP. NOW.

Trade Seager First. Tomorrow.
Average MLB Fielder with a Gold Glove. Congrats Kyle. Helps our trade value.
Refuses to hit to opposite field. I cannot fathom the thought of refusing to take the base hit by bunting.
Of 30 Starting MLB 3rdB, probably ranks about 10 or slightly lower. Trade before he becomes Mr Forgotten.

Thoughts: TRADE him NOW.

Trade Cano.
I love what Cano has done and I really respect his game.
Trade him NOW while he is hot and has value, his value will NEVER be higher than RIGHT Now.

Thoughts: Trade him NOW.

Change Team Colors, this and this suck, True to the Blue (and Yellow) needs to END. When? Now.

I truly believe in this. Time for some tough colors.

Thoughts: Well, this is obvious, Do It. Red and Black. Tints of Gray, Dark Blue, Some Purple.

Trade Cruz.
But wait for him to heal, and get better than his 8.3 time to run to 1B. Yea, 8.3.
seriously, THERE is a guy out there that could actually CRAWL faster to 1st than Cruz runs to first.

Felix. Keep.
You keep Felix because he is top 7 Mariner. You TRADE Felix only if he wants to be traded. And you grant this legend his request because you RESPECT him. But KEEP Felix if he wants to remain a Mariner, but grant him his wish if he would ACTUALLY like to pitch in a playoff game. You Rock Felix. Love Ya Felix.

Gordon (Trade ?). I Love what he Brings. Is the Value there? Then TRADE him Now.

Haniger, Zunino and Gamel. Keep. Young enough and sometimes Clutch.

Heredia, Probably Nil trade value, trade him as an add on with Cano or Cruz.

Motter, Romine, Bloomquist, etc. Worthless, even though I kinda like Motter. But VERY replaceable.

Segura. I really like him, but he has value, so go GET that VALUE. Trade Him NOW.

Paxton, the Big Maple. This guy has great stuff, but he has limited control 'of his great stuff' Also very injury prone, Trade Him NOW, Very LUCKY that that Eagle didn't destroy his shoulder.

Leake, Trade his butt too. I like what he brings, but c'mon, Value, go get some.

Diaz..Keep, Other relievers, Don't care.

Who Have I left out? Healy? Vogebach? Altavilla?

TIME TO BLOW this mess up. Tomorrow, better yet today.
I've supported for 40+ years.

Because 'blowing it up' has a great track record of working for the Mariners? You can't throw a fit after we get steamrolled by the Astros. That team is in a different dimension right now. The Astros will win more games than anyone this year, including the Red Sox, who will come back to Earth eventually.

In March I was pretty sure that this was a 70-75 win team. I'm not so sure now. Gordon is having a huge impact and Felix looks like he might actually be useful. I think you have to keep status quo until at least June 1st before you make an evaluation that impacts the present season. June 1st would still leave you plenty of time for a fire sale if that was still what you wanted to do.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 'blowing it up' has a great track record of working for the Mariners? You can't throw a fit after we get steamrolled by the Astros. That team is in a different dimension right now. The Astros will win more games than anyone this year, including the Red Sox, who will come back to Earth eventually.

In March I was pretty sure that this was a 70-75 win team. I'm not so sure now. Gordon is having a huge impact and Felix looks like he might actually be useful. I think you have to keep status quo until at least June 1st before you make an evaluation that impacts the present season. June 1st would still leave you plenty of time for a fire sale if that was still what you wanted to do.

I agree whole heartily ... Houston Astros are without a doubt the best team in all of AL and MLB I think. Their starting pitching pitching staff if all 5 stay healthy all season... they should post up 105 wins or so. easily tops in all of MLB

Our Mariners on the other hand are like a 17 handicapper in golf: that guy could shoot an 82 or a 97. You just don't know what you are gonna get. Originally I pegged us for 81-81 straight up .500 season on this site maybe a month ago.

I think we are a tad better than that at 84 win season after 3 weeks of watching the team play. Felix has had a couple really good outings. Paxton is still struggling to find his happy place ... when he does he will get hot over a 7-8-9 game start stretch and blow some minds.

I do not think our middle reliever bull pen is as good as originally thought and Nicasio hasn't impressed me at all thus far

Diaz on the other hand has been a really nice early season surprise.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with OP completely

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would normally agree with the June 1st thing, but I see the market not being normal as I can see teams trying to blow up their major league team to try to go Astros or the Cubs route.

But the Mariners will be in wild card contention so they can't go that route nor do I think they have the roster to "blow it up". Realistically who on the roster nets a big return outside of Paxton? You can't sell on Haniger right now, and other players making any real money outside Segura the Mariners would have to eat huge portions of the contracts to get anything semi decent prospect.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red and black? You want 'em to look like the 49ers alternate uniforms?

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to kick ass against a weak WS team.

Sweep, Necessary since @Cleveland is up next.
2-1 Series Win. Acceptable, but barely.
1-2 or 0-3 100% Not acceptable.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would trade for Seager... Dude sucks right now... Of course this is the year I have him in FB and he's killing me!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would trade for Seager... Dude sucks right now... Of course this is the year I have him in FB and he's killing me!

That's why I never draft him. :)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to look up previous April records for the Mariners without it taking forever, but this has to be one of the better starts to a season that we've had in a while. Sure, it's easier to say "relax" right now than it was 10 days ago, but by the same token, it was easier to panic and overreact 10 days ago than it is now. If this road trip proves anything, it's that you can't react too strongly this early in the season one way or the other because it can go the opposite direction pretty quickly. The M's are looking good right now. Let's hope they can keep it going at home this week.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to look up previous April records for the Mariners without it taking forever, but this has to be one of the better starts to a season that we've had in a while. Sure, it's easier to say "relax" right now than it was 10 days ago, but by the same token, it was easier to panic and overreact 10 days ago than it is now. If this road trip proves anything, it's that you can't react too strongly this early in the season one way or the other because it can go the opposite direction pretty quickly. The M's are looking good right now. Let's hope they can keep it going at home this week.
I believe I read that this is our best start to a season since 03

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My how time flies!! I never would have guessed 2009 season. Seems like forever since we had a decent start. Guess I should get a little excited then. I'll tell ya what-if we go 4-2 this home stretch I will be a believer for the M's this season-provided we don't run into a bunch of injuries, that is. Shame on me-don't want to jinx a good thing now. :D

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-3 versus the Astros.
15-8 versus everyone else.

6 series wins.
2 series ties.
1 series loss.