• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Blake Bortles: Bust?

Is Blake Bortles a bust?

• Yes, he's a bust

• No, he can turn it around

• What time zone is my potato salad in?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than winning 3-4 games with a top 5 pick in next year's draft.

Oh no doubt. I root for them every week, I always root for teams that have been down for a long time. But with Bortles I just can't take them seriously. The team with the better QB almost always seems to win in January.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats for sure, Not as convinced on the Steelers
We all know the Steelers would beat the Jags in the last minute of the game like they do almost every week. It's how they roll. No way they'd blow out the Jags!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the Steelers would beat the Jags in the last minute of the game like they do almost every week. It's how they roll. No way they'd blow out the Jags!

We did lose to them earlier in the season so I don't even know if we'd beat them in the last minute haha

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three of these games were at home. Lets see him take his show on the road.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three of these games were at home. Lets see him take his show on the road.

Jacksonville is gonna host a playoff game, their first home playoff game since 99, so it's possible Bortles leads his team to a playoff win.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville is gonna host a playoff game so it's possible Bortles leads his team to a playoff win.

Yeah, they will pummel some shit like Buffalo

Than it gets tough

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on we get a pretty good game between SD and Jax.

I hope so, although big game Phil Rivers is what we saw Saturday night

But Ill still most definitely take them over a Titans or Bills, in a heartbeat

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they will pummel some shit like Buffalo

Than it gets tough

All that matters is you don't go 1 and out. Especially for a growing team like Jacksonville. To go from 3-13 to hosting a playoff game, I mean come on now. Look at the season we're having right now in the NFL. The teams on top in the NFC were led by Carson Wentz, Case Keenum and Jared Goff. This year isn't the year where veteran QBs reign supreme. This is an unpredictable year and could very well be unpredictable through the playoffs. Although, deep down, I think we all know the likes of Brady, Brees, Ben, Ryan and Wilson will show up in the playoffs and get the job done.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that matters is you don't go 1 and out. Especially for a growing team like Jacksonville. To go from 3-13 to hosting a playoff game, I mean come on now. Look at the season we're having right now in the NFL. The teams on top in the NFC were led by Carson Wentz, Case Keenum and Jared Goff. This year isn't the year where veteran QBs reign supreme. This is an unpredictable year and could very well be unpredictable through the playoffs. Although, deep down, I think we all know the likes of Brady, Brees, Ben, Ryan and Wilson will show up in the playoffs and get the job done.

Its the worst NFL season i can remember in a long time, id attribute it mostly to injuries and suspensions to many of the games best stars

Ive never gone week to week looking a slate of games that had so many unwatchable matchups....Every single Monday night, I dont even need to tune to ESPN, the game has been so bad week after week

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the worst NFL season i can remember in a long time, id attribute it mostly to injuries and suspensions to many of the games best stars

Ive never gone week to week looking a slate of games that had so many unwatchable matchups....Every single Monday night, I dont even need to tune to ESPN, the game has been so bad week after week
I am just happy my team is going to get a legitimate pick(s) out of Alex Smith while winning the division. That's a nice gig in what was largely thought of as a transition year to 2018.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately that's the nature of the game. I also believe that your team sucking balls is affecting how you watch football this year. Can't say it hasn't been exciting or unpredictable though. Lots of surprises this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that's the nature of the game. I also believe that your team sucking balls is affecting how you watch football this year. Can't say it hasn't been exciting or unpredictable though. Lots of surprises this year.

Yes on the Giants for sure

Unpredictable in a way, the Pats are still gonna sleepwalk to the SB though...Pats fans will have you believe its because they are so great, but its mostly because they play in a conference where the Bills are making the playoffs, and most people agree that Blake Bortles' team is their greatest hurdle

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on the Giants for sure

Unpredictable in a way, the Pats are still gonna sleepwalk to the SB though...Pats fans will have you believe its because they are so great, but its mostly because they play in a conference where the Bills are making the playoffs, and most people agree that Blake Bortles' team is their greatest hurdle

When you have a defense that is allowing only 15 points per game and an offense that is scoring almost 27 points per game, that is a team to be worried about, regardless of who the QB is. Also, don't shit all over the Bills either. They've allowed the fewest passing TDs all year, 4th in the league in INTs, top 5 rushing attack in the league. They aren't a shit team this year. They are actually decent.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have a defense that is allowing only 15 points per game and an offense that is scoring almost 27 points per game, that is a team to be worried about, regardless of who the QB is. Also, don't shit all over the Bills either. They've allowed the fewest passing TDs all year, 4th in the league in INTs, top 5 rushing attack in the league. They aren't a shit team this year. They are actually decent.

Eh, Ill buy the Jags, not buying the Bills, theyve built a healthy reputation in some very unimpressive wins

If not for yet ANOTHER blunder by the refs 2 weeks ago, the Colts beat them in their building 8-7

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Ill buy the Jags, not buying the Bills, theyve built a healthy reputation in some very unimpressive wins

If not for yet ANOTHER blunder by the refs 2 weeks ago, the Colts beat them in their building 8-7

Oh don't get me wrong, if the Bills make the playoffs they are 1 and done. But they aren't as bad as they've been in recent years.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh don't get me wrong, if the Bills make the playoffs they are 1 and done. But they aren't as bad as they've been in recent years.

That coach has done a nice job, cause Tyrod Taylor has yet to not suck in a game this season

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Bortles Still Offers the Promise of Hope but the Reality of a Bust

"He is a really good guy," the scout added. "I've met him and talked to him. I know he tries. He's not lazy. He's just overwhelmed. You can see it on film. He gets confused pretty easily by (defensive) looks that aren't all that complicated. That's why his mechanics are a problem. He gets panicked by defenses and the rush and falls back on bad habits."

ratings in his first 3 years:

69 TD's
51 picks

79.6 career rarting
58.8% completion

11-34 record

Tom Brady

2001 - (Started 14 games) - 18 TD / 12 Int, 63.9 Comp % (62 less passes than Bortle's rookie year), 86.5 Rating
2002 - (Started 16 games) - 28 TD / 14 Int, 62.1 Comp % (5 less pass than Bortle's soph year), 85.7 Rating
2003 - (Started 16 games) - 23 TD / 12 Int, 60.2 Comp % (98 less passes than Bortle's 3rd year), 85.9 Rating

First 3 seasons - 69 TDs / 38 Int, around 61-62 Comp % (estimated), Around 86 Rating (estimated)

Bortle's WRs

1st year - Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson
2nd year - Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurts
3rd year - Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurts

Brady's WRs - 1st 3 seasons

1st year - Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, Tony Simmons
2nd year - Troy Brown, David Patten, Deion Branch
3rd year - Deion Branch, Troy Brown, David Givens

Tom Brady didn't have a HOF 1st 3 years if you go by stats, but his 34-10 record and being on 2 Super Bowl teams his 1st three seasons as starter make him out to be HOF. I would bet after 2003, if you took out Brady, NE is better than JAX are without Bortles now.

I say it is way too early. It took Alex Smith 8 years to break through, and he was considered a bust for 7 of them. Alex Smith is no HOFer, but I wouldn't consider him a bust anymore. I don't think Bortles is a HOF, but I pointed out a HOF QB who didn't have a much better 1st 3 seasons.

But, if he doesn't do anything in next few seasons, I would start considering calling him a bust.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady

2001 - (Started 14 games) - 18 TD / 12 Int, 63.9 Comp % (62 less passes than Bortle's rookie year), 86.5 Rating
2002 - (Started 16 games) - 28 TD / 14 Int, 62.1 Comp % (5 less pass than Bortle's soph year), 85.7 Rating
2003 - (Started 16 games) - 23 TD / 12 Int, 60.2 Comp % (98 less passes than Bortle's 3rd year), 85.9 Rating

First 3 seasons - 69 TDs / 38 Int, around 61-62 Comp % (estimated), Around 86 Rating (estimated)

Bortle's WRs

1st year - Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson
2nd year - Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurts
3rd year - Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurts

Brady's WRs - 1st 3 seasons

1st year - Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, Tony Simmons
2nd year - Troy Brown, David Patten, Deion Branch
3rd year - Deion Branch, Troy Brown, David Givens

Tom Brady didn't have a HOF 1st 3 years if you go by stats, but his 34-10 record and being on 2 Super Bowl teams his 1st three seasons as starter make him out to be HOF. I would bet after 2003, if you took out Brady, NE is better than JAX are without Bortles now.

I say it is way too early. It took Alex Smith 8 years to break through, and he was considered a bust for 7 of them. Alex Smith is no HOFer, but I wouldn't consider him a bust anymore. I don't think Bortles is a HOF, but I pointed out a HOF QB who didn't have a much better 1st 3 seasons.

But, if he doesn't do anything in next few seasons, I would start considering calling him a bust.

Good Stuff