• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would looooooooove to get Palat, but I guess it depends on the price...

(Of course I'm like... Ya know, if we're going to do that, couldn't we have just kept Saad? )

how far back do you want to go though. We could have kept sharp? Its gonna be sweet if this roster takes the long journey to the cup, but I doubt Stan will let it happen. Someone has to be made available for the draft so even trading a hartman, vinnie, or rasmussen at this time is questionable. Those are the three along with TVR that I can see being made available having played in 40 games this season. Seems like teams want a current nhl roster guy as part of the deal. You can even look at Teuvo being paid as a fee for Carolina taking Bickells contract, thats a guy that could have been bait now.

Blackhawks Top Draft Pick Makes OHL History

Last edited:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how far back do you want to go though. We could have kept sharp? Its gonna be sweet if this roster takes the long journey to the cup, but I doubt Stan will let it happen. Someone has to be made available for the draft so even trading a hartman, vinnie, or rasmussen at this time is questionable. Those are the three along with TVR that I can see being made available having played in 40 games this season. Seems like teams want a current nhl roster guy as part of the deal. You can even look at Teuvo being paid as a fee for Carolina taking Bickells contract, thats a guy that could have been bait now.

Blackhawks Top Draft Pick Makes OHL History

Sharp was significantly older than Saad. Either way, I understand we couldn't keep him at that time. Hating that it seems we can't keep a lot of our home grown talent, but oh well...

Anyway, I'm not saying we SHOULD pay to get Palat, just that it would look nice and would certainly love to have him...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharp was significantly older than Saad. Either way, I understand we couldn't keep him at that time. Hating that it seems we can't keep a lot of our home grown talent, but oh well...

Anyway, I'm not saying we SHOULD pay to get Palat, just that it would look nice and would certainly love to have him...

I get it, I am not saying either way. We could have Jetisoned Seabrook and kept saad too. It always comes down to what they see with this team in the future. I have really not liked much of the veteran D men this year, all up to the last two games when Soup and Seabs took control of those games. (you will know when I dislike their play, they dont get the nick names lol). Soup was getting the puck out of the zone and Seabs was hitting and blocking shots at the net. They usually save that for playoff time. But it still looks like the future forwards are brighter than the future d men so its hard to pay another forward.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would looooooooove to get Palat, but I guess it depends on the price...

(Of course I'm like... Ya know, if we're going to do that, couldn't we have just kept Saad? )

Hah, yeah I know. At the time though, they just couldn't afford the $6m/yr, and I don't think Palat will be getting much above $4m/yr in his next contract, unless he suddenly starts tearing it up again. However, an acquisition of that type would solidify the Hawks keeper list for the expansion draft.

Toews, Kane, Anisimov, Panarin, Hossa, Hartman, ?????
Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson
Crawford or Darling

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far just Schmaltz and Kero were recalled for the game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That last line always gets me. Veteran mistakes get let go. Look at the other night, Keith bringing the puck right to the net instead of trying to clear down the boards. By right at the net, I mean right on Crow. Woops, oh well. TVR off the skate and in, mindboggling how he could be that stupid. Seabs puts one in off the skate, oops.

How do they ever expect these kids make the next step until they are allowed to stay on the ice after a mistake? Now Hammer might be out a while, but Rosival will probably get any time he misses, not a young lefty stick. We all know how slow Rosie gets after a few games in pads..

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Off the ice, I heard this morning, while Arizona executives were in town, the Hawks made some progress in trade talks surrounding Arizona center Martin Hanzal.

As I was told yesterday, Hanzal is not the only viable trade target for Chicago at this point, but as he checks a lot of boxes for the team, size/skill/style of play/good faceoff ability, he is high on the Hawks' list."

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Low risk, high reward move. Here is a scouting report on Jurco from.a few years ago. He hasn't lived up to it, but he has talent.

"A dynamic scoring forward who is infamous for his highlight-reel shootout goals, Jurco is far from a one-trick pony. Displaying a willingness to drive to the net, he looks at times closer to a power forward than a pure sniper. With game-breaking ability, the question is whether the Slovakian can put it all together. His hands are incredible, but he needs to round out his game and show more consistency in his effort."

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Wild are going for it...

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That probably ups the Hawks' interest in Boyle, as the injury to Hammer ups the interest in Oduya.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to decide for hammer, cant have another Thursday when he says he can go then is out 3 minutes into the game.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Boyle gone. Not sure where they might look next.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dallas/Chicago deal for Oduya brewing Heard at 9:45 this AM, an injury to Niklas Hjalmarsson has pushed former Hawk Oduya up the Chicago board. Rumored return is prospects and/or Trevor van Riemsdyk."

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I also heard from one (source) that a broader search for a higher quality defenseman, as opposed to just third pairing depth, had been undertaken."

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks agree to extensions with Rozsival, Tootoo

Sorry, but what the flying fuck? I dont think Rosie is going to qualify for the expansion draft, needing to have played 70 games over the past two seasons and Q wont keep Tootoos grit on the ice. This is the news we get on trade deadline week? Maybe its so they are being moved and the team wants another year.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks agree to extensions with Rozsival, Tootoo

Sorry, but what the flying fuck? I dont think Rosie is going to qualify for the expansion draft, needing to have played 70 games over the past two seasons and Q wont keep Tootoos grit on the ice. This is the news we get on trade deadline week? Maybe its so they are being moved and the team wants another year.

Rozsival only needs 3 more games to hit 70. I do think this was purely an expansion draft move.