• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Wednesday.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Rusev

On the plus side, I've always though he's a breakout star waiting to happen. AEW for sure should get him. For that reason, I never thought WWE would let him go

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Rusev

On the plus side, I've always though he's a breakout star waiting to happen. AEW for sure should get him. For that reason, I never thought WWE would let him go

That is a wait for conformation one but this is big IF it's true

Edit: Just saw it. Damn. 3 year fall from grace but how over he was with the crowd

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just Miami Marlins’d the roster. Jesus. That XFL thing must have cost quite a bit.

• Kurt Angle
  • Drake Maverick (James Curtin)
  • Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers)
  • Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra)
  • Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson)
  • Heath Slater (Heath Miller)
  • Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz)
  • Rowan (Joseph Ruud)
  • Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe)
  • Mike Chioda
  • EC3 (Michael Hutter)
  • Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt)
  • Lio Rush (Lionel Green)
  • Primo (Edwin Colon)
  • Epico (Orlando Colon Nieves).
  • Mike Kanellis (Mike Bennett)
  • Maria Kanellis
  • Zack Ryder (Matthew Cardona)
  • No Way Jose (Levis Valenzuela)
  • Rusev (Miroslav Barnyashev)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran I check of 3 Twitter's, including 2 that I said keep a eye on

No goodbye messages

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deonna Purrazo

(looks like they are starting to cut NXT talent)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deonna Purrazo

(looks like they are starting to cut NXT talent)

That is not surprising. I was actually waiting for this.

Purrazo would be a good pickup for something like MLW who wants to start up a "women's division"

AEW would be a good guess as well.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is directly from Jason Powell at ProWrestling.net. Sounds like other wrestling companies might be following suit real soon with releasing people

Vince is not alone in making cuts in the business world. These are tough economic times. Unfortunately, I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that WWE will not be the only pro wrestling company that has to scale back.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is directly from Jason Powell at ProWrestling.net. Sounds like other wrestling companies might be following suit real soon with releasing people

Vince is not alone in making cuts in the business world. These are tough economic times. Unfortunately, I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that WWE will not be the only pro wrestling company that has to scale back.

This would be a good time to get another promotion started

GiantRichAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow.

Rusev

My guess is he was disgruntled and planned on leaving the company as soon as possible. Letting him out of a contract now saves WWE a ton money and puts him in a new marketplace with no leverage in the shittiest economic crisis since the Great Depression.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This would be a good time to get another promotion started

GiantRichAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

There's speculation that mass gatherings like concerts, wrestling shows etc are canceled through 2021. All the smaller companies (including AEW) are in crisis management until the pandemic is over.

OT but Ive barely posted in the past month because wrestling in borderline unwatchable without crowds.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's speculation at mass gatherings like concerts, wrestling shows etc are canceled through 2021. All the smaller companies (including AEW) are in crisis management until the pandemic is over.

OT but Ive barely posted in the past month because wrestling in borderline unwatchable without crowds.

It has but it has also helped some.

Hell I got a new found appreciation for Nia Jax for her talking during her squash of Purrazo.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he was disgruntled and planned on leaving the company as soon as possible. Letting him out of a contract now saves WWE a ton money and puts him in a new marketplace with no leverage in the shittiest economic crisis since the Great Depression.

And you’ve been acting like this is somehow WWE’s fault.

Unless you don’t know how business works, you make less money = you scale back on expenses. And WWE has a ton of talent they aren’t using or who want released.

They just lost a shit ton of revenue from the past several months including Wrestlemania and will lose a bunch more until this thing blows over.

Also why don’t you look at everything WWE cut back on instead of just blaming them for shitting on the wrestlers during this tough time.

*McMahon just announced cutbacks and furloughs for WWE staff and the company overall, stating that these were hard decisions that reflect the current reality.

*McMahon stated the company would be cutting back on pay for Board Members and Executives.

*Plans to move WWE Headquarters out of Titan Tower to the new HQ in Stamford, CT have been delayed.

*McMahon also stated they would be cutting the talent roster and overall head count of employees. Some will go on furlough. Others will be let go from their responsibilities. Employees will receive texts about where they stand going forward.

So WWE is paying their board members and executives less in order to cut back even further and yet I don’t see any sympathy posts from you about that.

You’re acting like they’ve been waiting for this to release so many people when they can’t get other jobs instead of the actual reason because it doesn’t fit your “WWE is evil” narrative you been pushing.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that perfectly explains the Broken Arm Angle with Logan and Shayna.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you don’t know how business works, you make less money = you scale back on expenses. And WWE has a ton of talent they aren’t using or who want released.

They just lost a shit ton of revenue from the past several months including Wrestlemania and will lose a bunch more until this thing blows over.

Also why don’t you look at everything WWE cut back on instead of just blaming them for shitting on the wrestlers during this tough time.

*McMahon just announced cutbacks and furloughs for WWE staff and the company overall, stating that these were hard decisions that reflect the current reality.

*McMahon stated the company would be cutting back on pay for Board Members and Executives.

*Plans to move WWE Headquarters out of Titan Tower to the new HQ in Stamford, CT have been delayed.

*McMahon also stated they would be cutting the talent roster and overall head count of employees. Some will go on furlough. Others will be let go from their responsibilities. Employees will receive texts about where they stand going forward.

So WWE is paying their board members and executives less in order to cut back even further and yet I don’t see any sympathy posts from you about that.

You’re acting like they’ve been waiting for this to release so many people when they can’t get other jobs instead of the actual reason because it doesn’t fit your “WWE is evil” narrative you been pushing.

Not to mention the money they lost with the XFL having to fold.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You’re acting like they’ve been waiting for

this to release so many people when they can’t get other jobs instead of the actual reason because it doesn’t fit your “WWE is evil” narrative you been pushing.

Where did I say WWE is evil? Im saying they hoarded talent and refused to release wrestlers who asked for their release (see Luke Harper) at their own expense and then did a mass cut when wrestlers are going to be unemployable (except a luck few).

Whether it's good business or not is a matter of opinion. You're a fan of it which is fine

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not to mention the money they lost with the XFL having to fold.

The second time in 20 years he took money made from a wrestling boom and invested it in a money pit instead of something like health care for the wrestlers that made him that money

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say WWE is evil? Im saying they hoarded talent and refused to release wrestlers who asked for their release (see Luke Harper) at their own expense and then did a mass cut when wrestlers are going to be unemployable (except a luck few).

Whether it's good business or not is a matter of opinion. You're a fan of it which is fine

I love how that statement directly ignores the financial crisis we are in right now. They’re releasing wrestlers because they don’t have the money coming in that they used too because they can’t run their company at 100% operating power.

Kind of hard to pay excess people when you don’t have money wouldn’t you say?

Also if you really think WWE is just releasing people now out of spite because they can’t get jobs somewhere else then there’s no use talking to you because you clearly don’t understand anything.

Let me break it down for you

WWE running shows and getting revenue like normal = no need to release to people

WWE being unable to run shows and get revenue like normal = tremendous need to release people they don’t plan on using.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Aleksandr Jarkvic from NXT has been cut.

Now to weed the garden

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second time in 20 years he took money made from a wrestling boom and invested it in a money pit instead of something like health care for the wrestlers that made him that money

Yep, it’s all Vinces fault the XFL had to fold this time, 0 to do with them actually being on their way to being successful but the coronavirus forcing them to close costing them their business. But of course why let facts get in the way of a good Vince Mcmahon bashing.

hey over 500K people are infected and over 20K are dead, but hey why not point out that Vince wasted money again since he clearly foresaw this global pandemic happening but clearly chose to go ahead with the XFL again anyways.