• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Billy King

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he the worst GM ever. If not, who you consider to be worse?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Kahn for the Rubio and Flynn picks alone...

Actually add every GM of Every Team, (including Presti who picked Harden and Oshley who picked Blake Griffin) who passed on Curry in 2009.

The GM who picked Thabeet needs his ass whooped too.

After those guys, every Clippers GM EVER.....

And then Isiah Thomas.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Rubio and Flynn got picked. Back to back point guards being picked was panned, the fact #7 was Curry means those picks get even more flak now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Rubio and Flynn got picked. Back to back point guards being picked was panned, the fact #7 was Curry means those picks get even more flak now.

If you look at those top 7 pick thru today's lens .....goodness.

Tyreke Evans has spent most of the last 6 years in bubblewrap.

Flynn is nothing more than a trivia question.

Thabeet has spent more time in the D League than on a NBA roster.

Rubio, Harden and Blake range from solid to very good.

But, Curry is another level.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at those top 7 pick thru today's lens .....goodness.

Tyreke Evans has spent most of the last 6 years in bubblewrap.

Flynn is nothing more than a trivia question.

Thabeet has spent more time in the D League than on a NBA roster.

Rubio, Harden and Blake range from solid to very good.

But, Curry is another level.

I don't think you can fault someone for taking Griffin or even Harden over Curry. All 3 are top level players, it's hard to know when they are kids if Griffin is somehow going to be worse or better than Curry.

The best way to illustrate this is the year Jordan got drafted #3. #1 was Olajuwon, I don't think you can argue that GM screwed up by not taking the best player ever. He got a HOF top 50 guy. But the guy who picked Perkins #2? THAT is classic horrible GM move.

Greg Oden, Darko Milicic, etc. Those = awful picks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Kahn for the Rubio and Flynn picks alone...

Actually add every GM of Every Team, (including Presti who picked Harden and Oshley who picked Blake Griffin) who passed on Curry in 2009.

The GM who picked Thabeet needs his ass whooped too.

After those guys, every Clippers GM EVER.....

And then Isiah Thomas.

I don't know. Very easy to say in hindsight.

It is just like the Oden/Durant debate. At the time, 9/10 GMs would have taken Oden. Clearly they were wrong, but that doesn't make them bad at their jobs. Oden would have been terrific if not for the injuries.

As for Curry, he was far from a can't miss prospect. Most thought his upside was that of a role player. His entire career has been a story of overachieving.

The Flynn pick was bad, but I can't knock the GMs who chose Blake, Harden and even Rubio. Every GM would have made the same decision at that time.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is just like the Oden/Durant debate. At the time, 9/10 GMs would have taken Oden. Clearly they were wrong, but that doesn't make them bad at their jobs. Oden would have been terrific if not for the injuries.

As for Curry, he was far from a can't miss prospect. Most thought his upside was that of a role player. His entire career has been a story of overachieving.

The Flynn pick was bad, but I can't knock the GMs who chose Blake, Harden and even Rubio. Every GM would have made the same decision at that time.

I said basically this above. And I guess you are right it's hard to see in hindsight that Oden would be injured all the time (although....big man with knee problems even in college? No one is drafting a guy like that #1 ever again)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can fault someone for taking Griffin or even Harden over Curry. All 3 are top level players, it's hard to know when they are kids if Griffin is somehow going to be worse or better than Curry.

The best way to illustrate this is the year Jordan got drafted #3. #1 was Olajuwon, I don't think you can argue that GM screwed up by not taking the best player ever. He got a HOF top 50 guy. But the guy who picked Perkins #2? THAT is classic horrible GM move.

Greg Oden, Darko Milicic, etc. Those = awful picks.

Sure, hindsight is 20/20 and every monday morning quarterback would have totally done something different if they had been tasked with calling the play.

Obviously, calling the Blake, Harden picks bad is a ridiculous exaggeration of the facts on my part.

But, Flynn?

No.

Even back then people thought that pick was bad.

Not just because he went ahead of Curry.

But, because they just picked a fricking pg two minutes before.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry had his detractors.

Nobody thought he'd be.......this.

At the time, pundits were comparing Flynn to CP3....lol

2009 Draft Profile - Jonny Flynn
A point gaurd who can do alot for an NBA team. He has an impressive jump shot but also has the ability to take the ball to the basket. His best game might be in transition, he's fast and has good court vision. He's only Soph. but still considered one of the top 3 Point guards in college basketball. His hieght may be a concern at the next level but I think signs of Chris Paul are evident.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is difficult.

In most drafts, there are 3-4 players who stand above the pack in terms of talent. Those guys don't always pan out, but they are most likely to.

Player evaluation is difficult. Physical talents and skills are easy to evaluate, but they only go so far in determining how good a player will become. Work ethic, character, and on court decision making skills are all extremely inportant and difficult to assess.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking Phil Jackson is on his way to that list - so far I have heard his admission of mistakes and promises. And keep in mind that he wanted to trade Kobe Bryant for Grant Hill in the year 2000 - :L

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ranking of NBA GMs that doesn't have this guy at the bottom is simply wrong...

2048x1377

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking Phil Jackson is on his way to that list - so far I have heard his admission of mistakes and promises. And keep in mind that he wanted to trade Kobe Bryant for Grant Hill in the year 2000 - :L

At the time I would have loved that trade. Kobe was still young at playing a lot off the bench while Grant Hill was a proven all star.

Glad it didn't happen though.