• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills Release Fred Jackson - Cowboys need to jump on him!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley was the 73rd pick. Michael was the 62nd. Not a huge gap in their draft expectations :rolleyes2:

And I realize that they don't have similar skill sets, but they both had high expectations, despite minimal production in college and an inability to hold on to the ball. They're stories are parallel, except one is behind a superstar.
Michael went 62 because of his injury. He was hyped much higher if he didn't blow out a knee. Micheal touted as a shifty back who has good cutting ability to break away. Big 12 Freshman of the year. Ridley was touted as a punishing style back.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden is a better choice than Jackson.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael may have breakaway speed but it doesn't matter an ounce when you don't know which way you're supposed to run based on the play design, then, when you do hit a hole, you get touched and give the ball up. Those are the basics that he simply cannot fuck up to have a chance to play, yet he hasn't shown the ability to improve at those parts of the game so far. That's just step 1 and he hasn't taken it in 2 years.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of athletes that are faster than him. But they can't play football either. It takes talent combined with a good football IQ to make it. Look at all the 1st round busts. Michael a 2nd rounder is heading that way. Maybe a professional 3rd string back or ST guy?
And he absolutely MAY BE a bust. Just pointing out what people (including coaches who know more than I do) see in the dude. JMR's example of Ahman Green was point perfect though, for a guy who MAY excel if he gets a fresh start. He wasn't going to do much riding the pine behind Alexander in Seattle.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael may have breakaway speed but it doesn't matter an ounce when you don't know which way you're supposed to run based on the play design, then, when you do hit a hole, you get touched and give the ball up. Those are the basics that he simply cannot fuck up to have a chance to play, yet he hasn't shown the ability to improve at those parts of the game so far. That's just step 1 and he hasn't taken it in 2 years.

I think you're gilding the lily unnecessarily with 'which way you're supposed to run,' but sure, he may never amount to anything. My eyes show me a guy who tries to hit the home-run every time he takes the ball, which is something that Alexander did too. Heck Barry Sanders hurt his team all the time doing it, and he had god-like skills.

If he realizes that sometimes a yard and a half is what the team needs, maybe the light will come on.

But then, maybe not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen anything indicating the Seahawks have signed FJ.
Yeah, you are right. I could have sworn I saw someone here say it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're gilding the lily unnecessarily with 'which way you're supposed to run,' but sure, he may never amount to anything. My eyes show me a guy who tries to hit the home-run every time he takes the ball, which is something that Alexander did too. Heck Barry Sanders hurt his team all the time doing it, and he had god-like skills.

If he realizes that sometimes a yard and a half is what the team needs, maybe the light will come on.

But then, maybe not.

I just specifically remember seeing him taking hand offs and clearly go against the flow of the zone blocking and looking absolutely confused.

And sure, maybe something will click, but you can't wait around forever. It's time for him to show something other than looking lost. This is a Superbowl team, not one that can afford to waste roster spots on 3rd year rookies.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael went 62 because of his injury. He was hyped much higher if he didn't blow out a knee. Micheal touted as a shifty back who has good cutting ability to break away. Big 12 Freshman of the year. Ridley was touted as a punishing style back.

Why he fell doesnt matter. The fact is that teams valued these two similarly at their drafts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why he fell doesnt matter. The fact is that teams valued these two similarly at their drafts.
They weren't similiar one was a shifty cutter style back while the other was a banger. Ridley held his own as a 3rd round pick. I wish him well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't similiar one was a shifty cutter style back while the other was a banger. Ridley held his own as a 3rd round pick. I wish him well.

I'm not saying they were similar players. I'm saying that they had similar expectations and so far similar issues as pros. Difference is, one of them was/has been kept off the field by better competition in the backfield.