• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills post game

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a theme here involving this...

"After watching the Buffalo tape, Ron Rivera said if the team doesn’t grow and learn “that’s on my ass. I’m the head coach.” Quotes via
@JunksRadio
, listen live now on
@1067theFan

and I want to address it.

While understanding this perspective from the offensive side of the ball because of changes at QB, how exactly does this apply to a defense rated among the best one year ago? What's their starting point? Are we to take from this that returning defensive players are new at this, or haven't the ability to "grow and learn" from their experience? Nope, I'm not buying this, it's lame and should have been a point well worth pressing the coach on until he gave a better answer than "fire me, I'm failing to get the best out our guys!"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have young players who read their press clippings and now they have to man up

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel JDR s scheme doesn’t allow for that? Didn’t feel that way watching them last year.
No not at all. JDR is a proven top DC on more than one team. Pass rushing is technique. You can move guys and try to find weak spots on opposing Dlines but we know that the team has played some questionable OLines.

I think JDR doesn't have confidence in playing some man. As someone pointed out the since the last game opposing teams know the weakness and it is at LBer. I think the D misses Curl and Reaves at safety. The mistakes in zone are bad. That is on guys playing it correctly ... primarily at LBer (they are only playing two LBs) and at safety. This team played very well in zone schemes the 2nd half of last year.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not at all. JDR is a proven top DC on more than one team. Pass rushing is technique. You can move guys and try to find weak spots on opposing Dlines but we know that the team has played some questionable OLines.

I think JDR doesn't have confidence in playing some man. As someone pointed out the since the last game opposing teams know the weakness and it is at LBer. I think the D misses Curl and Reaves at safety. The mistakes in zone are bad. That is on guys playing it correctly ... primarily at LBer (they are only playing two LBs) and at safety. This team played very well in zone schemes the 2nd half of last year.

I agree with you that JDR is a proven top DC on more than one team and I know that both you and I like him. However, what I am seeing from WTF on the field defensively does not even resemble a JDR defense. I'm beginning to think that JDR's old way of teaching is not registering with these young players new way of learning. Your thoughts?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that JDR is a proven top DC on more than one team and I know that both you and I like him. However, what I am seeing from WTF on the field defensively does not even resemble a JDR defense. I'm beginning to think that JDR's old way of teaching is not registering with these young players new way of learning. Your thoughts?
I think it is a combination of a couple of guys not doing their jobs. a couple more that can't do their jobs. There is a way to get guys to listen and respond. Sit there ass down. This team can't play much worse with Bradley-Smith, Settle, Curl and Reaves and I think they would play better at least until the other guys get their head out of their asses. Remember this D played well the 2nd half of last year.

Another thing mentioned was does this team miss Darby, Moreland and Moreau. Maybe thy do. Many of us drank the Kool-Aid and thought we improved in the defensive secondary but in reality there is only one starter from last year and that is Fuller.

As long as Snyder has owned the team the players have run the asylum. I wonder if that isn't true now. Just my 2 cents.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more point. Zone defense isn't meant to stop completions but to have the offense throw short and rally up for the tackle. That happened a LOT last year but not at all. 3rd and 15 should not be an option if you play zone well.

What I do know is pressure makes QBs hurry and hurrying causes bad passes or poor decisions. If a lot of guys want those big pay days we were all talking about in the off season productivity has to go up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more point. Zone defense isn't meant to stop completions but to have the offense throw short and rally up for the tackle. That happened a LOT last year but not at all. 3rd and 15 should not be an option if you play zone well.

What I do know is pressure makes QBs hurry and hurrying causes bad passes or poor decisions. If a lot of guys want those big pay days we were all talking about in the off season productivity has to go up.
Yeah 40 mil for young and 35 for sweat ? Not at this production level

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a combination of a couple of guys not doing their jobs. a couple more that can't do their jobs. There is a way to get guys to listen and respond. Sit there ass down. This team can't play much worse with Bradley-Smith, Settle, Curl and Reaves and I think they would play better at least until the other guys get their head out of their asses. Remember this D played well the 2nd half of last year.

Another thing mentioned was does this team miss Darby, Moreland and Moreau. Maybe thy do. Many of us drank the Kool-Aid and thought we improved in the defensive secondary but in reality there is only one starter from last year and that is Fuller.

As long as Snyder has owned the team the players have run the asylum. I wonder if that isn't true now. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, our D did play well in the 2nd half of last year but even with that we were not one of the top Ds that many would want you to believe we were. When I watch the D of contenders come on the field I see fire, attitude, conviction, etc. and I don't see that in our D. I also see most of these better Ds getting off the field with 3 and out quite a bit and our D doesn't do this very often. I don't know what's in that water where WTF practices but it needs more vitamins in it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unacceptable effort

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.