• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills new stadium now "official"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stadium is already under political fire lets see where it goes

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that NFL games can be postponed or even cancelled due to lightning is reason enough to equip every new stadium w a retractable roof.
Disagree, respectfully disagree. The game should be played outside period. No roof at all is the way it was meant to be done IMO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, respectfully disagree. The game should be played outside period. No roof at all is the way it was meant to be done IMO
Not here in Las Vegas or Arizona.
F that sitting in an oven to watch a game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the fans can't handle it maybe they should not have a team. Do you really think it's any worse the Green Bay, Chicago, Buff, Pitt, NE etc in Dec or Jan?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the fans can't handle it maybe they should not have a team. Do you really think it's any worse the Green Bay, Chicago, Buff, Pitt, NE etc in Dec or Jan?
I'm not in those states so I really don't care. I just know sitting in 115° Sun isn't fun.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is "Official" until the State passes the Budget and approves the bills (not the Bills) related to the stadium funding

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
........ I heard today was that the bolts are not only faulty, but they were snuck in from China. Not true,” he said.

"“Out of 560,000 bolts on the structure, the number that were produced in China is zero. The eight bolts — eight out of 560,000 — broke because they were overstressed by the cables when it was going up."

Note that several inspections reports checked the box: Made In America I can professionally attest that not every box of construction materials is checked. There simply isn't time or manpower to do this.
I also personally oversaw work of this contractor - a very good one but not perfect.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
........ I heard today was that the bolts are not only faulty, but they were snuck in from China. Not true,” he said.

"“Out of 560,000 bolts on the structure, the number that were produced in China is zero. The eight bolts — eight out of 560,000 — broke because they were overstressed by the cables when it was going up."

Note that several inspections reports checked the box: Made In America I can professionally attest that not every box of construction materials is checked. There simply isn't time or manpower to do this.
I also personally oversaw work of this contractor - a very good one but not perfect.

Well if I'm in the stadium when/if it falls I hope I survive so I can sue them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I realize you didn’t read the whole thread, but my point is not that Buffalo should play in a dome or that they shouldn’t play outdoors. My point is simply that for 850 million dollars in tax payer money, you would think they could attach a retractable roof for those days the place gets hammered by snow right before the game. Save themselves some extra work and headaches digging a bunch of snow out of the place. Then open it for the game. Or charge tax payers way less to build the same thing you already have.

I think all stadiums should have retractable roofs at these prices. No more lightning delays. No weather delays of any kind.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize you didn’t read the whole thread, but my point is not that Buffalo should play in a dome or that they shouldn’t play outdoors. My point is simply that for 850 million dollars in tax payer money, you would think they could attach a retractable roof for those days the place gets hammered by snow right before the game. Save themselves some extra work and headaches digging a bunch of snow out of the place. Then open it for the game. Or charge tax payers way less to build the same thing you already have.

I think all stadiums should have retractable roofs at these prices. No more lightning delays. No weather delays of any kind.
Well that's one man's opinion.