• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills allow fans for home playoff game(s)

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bills are allowing 6700 fans for each playoff game. They'll offer seats to season ticket holders by seniority; people who go to one game wouldn't be offered tickets for a future game. Fans have to test negative within 72 hours, tests being offered for $63.

BTW, if it's cold outside, it will be really cold inside the stadium with only 6700 people there. Maybe we'll get a lot of snow so some people can build igloos in the stands.

One interesting quote:
Cuomo said:
The governor said the plan to allow fans to attend a Bills home playoff game is intended as a pilot to find safe ways to reopen more of the economy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open up restaurants, where people's families are starving/broke before letting people watch a Bills game in person...
I don't have a huge problem with allowing fans at the game but I do want to hear from Cuomo why it wasn't allowed when the numbers were low in Sept/Oct but is allowed now that the numbers are going up? The exact opposite of what is happening in restaurants and the such. He was good at the beginning of all of this but NYS has been non-stop confusion and poor communication since the Summer. The only consistency is his inconsistency.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a huge problem with allowing fans at the game but I do want to hear from Cuomo why it wasn't allowed when the numbers were low in Sept/Oct but is allowed now that the numbers are going up? The exact opposite of what is happening in restaurants and the such. He was good at the beginning of all of this but NYS has been non-stop confusion and poor communication since the Summer. The only consistency is his inconsistency.
The difference is now they can require all the fans to get a COVID test and follow up with contact tracing on everyone.
They couldn't do that two months ago, and can't do it for restaurants either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is now they can require all the fans to get a COVID test and follow up with contact tracing on everyone.
They couldn't do that two months ago, and can't do it for restaurants either.
What? For 6,000 people? Of course they could do that two months ago. Those processes have been in place for months. More people came through JFK already this morning than that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a follow up as far as restaurants go. When I was on vacation in November they used a sign-in sheet. Everyone who goes in signs in with name, contact # and date/time. That can be handed over to the DOH and very easily used for contact tracing.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were over 10,000 people in attendance at the Army-Navy game. And Michie Stadium is much smaller than the Bills'.

Andrew's actions can best be described as mercurial.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a follow up as far as restaurants go. When I was on vacation in November they used a sign-in sheet. Everyone who goes in signs in with name, contact # and date/time. That can be handed over to the DOH and very easily used for contact tracing.

Had my haircut yesterday, had to do the same thing. My old barber was doing that 4 months ago as well