• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Self vs Brannen Greene

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Self rips his own player for 'totally classless' dunk as time expired

“I’d like to apologize to the K-State team, and their program, coaches, players, for the unsportsmanlike act that one of our players did at the end of the game that was totally classless. I guarantee it’ll never happen again.”

“Brannen Greene, we’ve put up with him doing some stuff in the past, but that was probably the biggest (classless) move I’ve ever had a player do during a game.

“To dunk the ball like that when the other team — even their players are going, ‘How disrespectful to the game.’ It certainly showed unbelievably poor sportsmanship.”

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene is a douche and has been a douche his whole time in Lawrence. Self would be better off just quietly letting him know that a transfer would be wise Kid is going to play even less now than he did before and that wasn't much

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self completely overreacted. If you don't approve of what your player did tell him behind closed doors, don't blast him in the media. Besides it wasn't even that bad. It is frowned upon but get over it.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self completely overreacted. If you don't approve of what your player did tell him behind closed doors, don't blast him in the media. Besides it wasn't even that bad. It is frowned upon but get over it.
Couldn't disagree more. If Sean let that slide I'd be more pissed at him than if he blew a game at ASU with two technicals up three in the last second of the game

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree if the incident was a one time thing. If Perry Ellis had done it you probably would have seen Self do what you suggested. Greene however is consistently and perpetually doing dumb shit. My guess is that Self I'd frustrated beyond words ( he has pretty much said so about Greene already this year ). Some kids just don't get it or worse, they just don't care. When stuff reaches the level it clearly has in order for Self to react like this it's pretty much over for the kid

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Self is an outstanding coach. I would have liked him to be a bit less public about it, however if that player has been a "show boat" for awhile and private talks not reaching him, I guess the kid needed a public "wake-up" call. Maybe this will help deal with an out of control narcissistic attitude. Hopefully Self strikes a nerve and the kid grows up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely off topic, I have actually parked Bill Self's car before. Not sure it was actually his, but it was a new Tahoe...carry on.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self should have handled this differently.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more. If Sean let that slide I'd be more pissed at him than if he blew a game at ASU with two technicals up three in the last second of the game
I just think it's an old unwritten rule that's taken way too seriously. I'd be more pissed if I were the team on the losing end for not playing defense until the buzzer sounds. Why are you walking off the court when the game is not over? Now had the KU player shot a 3 pointer I would be a little more upset. Wide open dunk for a 20 year old? Probably shouldn't have done it but good lord people need to stop getting offended by irrelevant shit.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know much about the history between player and coach but (I'm assuming that's a big factor here)

Yeah it's a pretty lame thing to do but man people overreact so much about these unwritten rules it's unbelievable. Shouldn't have done it? No. But worthy of this much fuss? Absolutely not.