• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest moment in Seattle sports?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the Super Bowl last year, and getting the monkey off of our back was as big of a moment as you get in sports. I am not gonna even consider that part of this discussion, but this game yesterday goes straight to the top and now rivals the Edgar hit in 95'. Of the two, which game will be the most memorable for you in Seattle sports history?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95 was huge... I remember watching that game at a cop station with my scout troop. We were doing a tour of the cop station and talking to cops. In any event, I remember we all tuned into the game at the end and we were all going crazy with the cops lol. Everyone was into it.

That said, to me beast quake is it. Nobody gave Seattle a chance that game, and the stadium, seismic activity, the whole epic-ness of that moment DEFINED the Seahawks. I know we lost the next game, but that just set a tone for the Hawks and created an image.

I've re-watched the last Super Bowl like 5+ times, but beast quake always gives me chills. In honor of that:

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest Seattle sports moment of my childhood was Edgar's double. Without a doubt. Dave's call of that moment still gives me chills almost 20 years later and will always give me chills. Not even the Sonics getting to the Finals against Chicago beats that and the M's didn't even make the World Series the year of The Double. The biggest Seattle sports moment of my adult life is harder to pin down because so many awesome Seattle sports moments have happened since I became an adult and so many moments that will give me chills for the rest of my life have happened that it's hard to pick one. I think the two moments that stand out most from a Seahawks standpoint that you couldn't boil down to one particular play were the realization in the NFC Championship game against Carolina in 2006 that the Seahawks were going to the Super Bowl for the first time and the realization in the Super Bowl last year that they were going to finally win one. The one non-Seahawks related sports moment that sticks out to me was the final out of Felix's perfect game. I was in the ballpark that day and the anticipation leading up to that out literally had people pacing the aisles and the concourses. Safeco wasn't particularly full that day (although more people kept coming in as the game went along), but that out still got one of the loudest reactions I've ever heard in the 15 year history of that ballpark. I've never seen such a deliriously happy reaction to a non-playoff win in my life.