• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Booms/Busts NFL Draft?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those all look like super common opinions that could be written by anyone, to be honest. Not sure why the redirect to another site.

The only one that interests me is OJ Howard being overdrafted yet you dont list enough people that could proliferate the top 15 to make that statement relevant.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive said this for months and months:

Bust: Every. Single. Upcoming. Quarterback.

With Mitchell Trubisky leading the way, it’s my personal belief that none of the upcoming quarterback prospects will be viewed as “franchise” players. For me, this upcoming draftt has one of the weakest quarterback classes since the 2013 draft, as Geno Smith and EJ Manuel were viewed as the headliners.

Deshaun Watson has potential to be decent (somewhat), as long as he isn’t thrown into the fire within his first season. It’s likely that at least one of the upcoming quarterbacks will be viewed as an immediate starter, but based on the history of the NFL, it’s often better to sit behind a proven veteran for at least a season.

and garretts sacks...look who a majority came vs. its michael sam syndrome, minus the sheet grabbing (tho garrets a better athlete than sam was)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in agreement with OJ Howard being a bust. He is already a great blocking TE so even if it takes a bit for his receiving ability to catch up he would still be an asset to whatever team drafts him. He is also a very smart kid, hard worker, and great locker room presence. So lots going his way of why he will succeed in the NFL.

To me the biggest bust potential of a 1st round player is Peppers. Not a big fan of his game. I like him as a punt returner but not much else. For a guy that is supposed to be a big play making guy he only forced 2 turnovers his entire college career. And to me Michigan did him no favors by moving him around so much as it didn't allow for him to develop his skills. He is constantly out of position in the pass game and while in college his athleticism let him make up some steps that won't be the case in the NFL.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see McCrafry and Fournette being busts

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see Cook being a bust mostly because of his off the field issues. Teams are freaking out about the fact that he has so many gang connections and well his rap sheet has been long and shows a guy that isn't giving up that life any time soon. Throw in now making millions and have to know those "friends" will be coming around more often.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcaffrey has the NFL genes. the kid CAN play. what matters most is where he ends up. a team/system like new england can probably do more with him out of the box than say, cleveland. (and no he isnt ending up in NE, its just an example)

fournette...i dont trust him either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to be a bust it requires a first round pick and a less than stellar career. So basically as a RB you need Peterson type numbers and I don't see either McCafery or Fournette doing that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcaffrey has the NFL genes. the kid CAN play. what matters most is where he ends up. a team/system like new england can probably do more with him out of the box than say, cleveland. (and no he isnt ending up in NE, its just an example)

fournette...i dont trust him either.

Agreed. That is what makes this process so hard right now of the success or failure of these players. Most NFL players fit certain systems much better than others. Such as Fournette probably won't do as well in a shotgun heavy system. He does his best work getting to run down hill instead of side to side. Where McCaffrey would be opposite of that. He does his best work in space and letting him go find a hole and explode through it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to be a bust it requires a first round pick and a less than stellar career. So basically as a RB you Peterson type numbers and I don't see either McCafery or Fournette doing that.

So they have to have a HOF career as a 1st round RB to be considered successful? Seems like some pretty crazy expectations to me. Just looking over the list of RB's taken in the 1st round since 2000 there are some good names that probably won't make the HOF. Jamaal Lewis for the Ravens I'm sure they would say his pick was worth it. Shaun Alexander for the Seahawks had a very productive career. Willis McGahee did some damage. Steven Jackson is another that did very well. I'm not sure if Marshawn Lynch makes it or not. Chris Johnson has even brought his career back last year with a very productive year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest NFL busts this year? Anyone from meeeechegan.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have to have a HOF career as a 1st round RB to be considered successful? Seems like some pretty crazy expectations to me. Just looking over the list of RB's taken in the 1st round since 2000 there are some good names that probably won't make the HOF. Jamaal Lewis for the Ravens I'm sure they would say his pick was worth it. Shaun Alexander for the Seahawks had a very productive career. Willis McGahee did some damage. Steven Jackson is another that did very well. I'm not sure if Marshawn Lynch makes it or not. Chris Johnson has even brought his career back last year with a very productive year.
To be considered a boom heck yeah I think the expectations are you should be a first round pick with a HOF career. Otherwise you are just another RB so yeah absolutely. Key is it does not make you a bust just a good career.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be considered a boom heck yeah I think the expectations are you should be a first round pick with a HOF career. Otherwise you are just another RB so yeah absolutely.

So are all those guys I listed just another guy? I look at Jamaal Lewis and he was the offense for the Ravens during that 2000 Super Bowl run. Not saying they couldn't have just won it because of the defense but he definitely was a huge help for that team. Same with Lynch for the Seahawks. Both of those guys are most likely on the outside looking in for the HOF as we sit today.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of thread that used to get people banned back in the day. Rules must be different under current ownership.

I don't think an RB needs to make it to the HOF to be worthwhile as a 1st round pick. I do think he has to make the pro bowl at least twice, though, and get to his 2nd contract.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are all those guys I listed just another guy? I look at Jamaal Lewis and he was the offense for the Ravens during that 2000 Super Bowl run. Not saying they couldn't have just won it because of the defense but he definitely was a huge help for that team. Same with Lynch for the Seahawks. Both of those guys are most likely on the outside looking in for the HOF as we sit today.

Absolutely they are just another guy with a good career.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of thread that used to get people banned back in the day. Rules must be different under current ownership.

I don't think an RB needs to make it to the HOF to be worthwhile as a 1st round pick. I do think he has to make the pro bowl at least twice, though, and get to his 2nd contract.
Again we are talking BOOM or BUST that means you were head and shoulders better than any other player at your position during your career, otherwise you are just a really good player, and there is nothing wrong with that. Bust, well, just the opposite. To me we are talking Ryan Leaf and Tom Brady.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again we are talking BOOM or BUST that means you were head and shoulders better than any other player at your position during your career, otherwise you are just a really good player, and there is nothing wrong with that. Bust, well, just the opposite. To me we are talking Ryan Leaf and Tom Brady.
Maybe I just have a different definition of BOOM. If you're top 5 at your position for a notable period of time and stay on the team for awhile then you're a successful first round pick even with a low positional value.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely they are just another guy with a good career.

Well I guess we just have different definitions then. To me if a guy plays really well and especially if a 1st round pick can make it to that 2nd contract with the team then that has been a pick well worth it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I just have a different definition of BOOM. If you're top 5 at your position for a notable period of time and stay on the team for awhile then you're a successful first round pick even with a low positional value.
So to you positional value is the same as BOOM? I mean by your definition there is nothing stellar about that it's again a good maybe great career, but not HOF worthy. If you are a top 10 pick as these two RBs are expected to be I think a HOF career should be the expectation. Not just " Hey you were really good while you were here, thanks!"