• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 trying to stay together and PAC not expanding, so.....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!

Yep, I'm so pathetic I have to go on rants, type in all caps, and call people trolls when I don't agree with them......

Maybe you should take a look at getting a therapist.

I don't agree with you, I simply post my opinion. I don't go flying off the handle like some here do.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like it or not but the big 12 is probably the only conference that will allow nd to keep the nbc deal,,, we will see but those three will be the only ones that will work imo,,,and nd will make up for the loss of neb/a&m and tcu/byu>>>colorado

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that above. It was a little out of line. But that damn monkey gets off his chain and goes berserk and it takes a littel time to get him back on the chain.

I don't think Notre Dame will go to the Big 12. If you think PAC is elitist you gotta see ND. I could see them ending up fully sanctioned in whatever the Big East evolves / devolves into. But I can also see them staying indy. If anyone can pull that off they could.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Playing on NBC with this schedule...
S01 vs. Navy (IRE)
S08 PURDUE
S15 @ Michigan State
S22 MICHIGAN
O06 vs. Miami (Chi)
O13 STANFORD
O20 BYU
O27 @ Oklahoma
N03 PITTSBURGH
N10 @ Boston College
N17 WAKE FOREST
N24 @ Southern Cal

Or play on NBC with a schedule with Baylor, TTech, KSU, ISU, Missouri, Kansas and TCU....

Hmm.....this is a tough one!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see ND going to the ACC......they like the academics, they'd be one of the big boys, and they could probably get their own concessions about the NBC deal.

I just don't see any quality teams looking to join the Big 12. I think this conference dies within the next 2 years.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see ND going to the ACC......they like the academics, they'd be one of the big boys, and they could probably get their own concessions about the NBC deal.

I just don't see any quality teams looking to join the Big 12. I think this conference dies within the next 2 years.

probably,,but thats why i said the only 3 schools that imo that are available and would be good for the big 12 are nd,byu and tcu(and i would throw all 3 in the north to help balance the north/south strength bring kansas/ksu to south)...its a long shot but without those 3 i think we fold....dont see louisville,cincy or whoever from the big east keeping the big 12 together

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably,,but thats why i said the only 3 schools that imo that are available and would be good for the big 12 are nd,byu and tcu(and i would throw all 3 in the north to help balance the north/south strength bring kansas/ksu to south)...its a long shot but without those 3 i think we fold....dont see louisville,cincy or whoever from the big east keeping the big 12 together

I'm not sold TCU will ever get an invite, they don't add anything to the conference.

They don't get along with Baylor, and I don't believe OU or Mizzou want another Texas team that may vote against them in the conference. There are more cons to TCU joining than pros.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing on NBC with this schedule...
S01 vs. Navy (IRE)
S08 PURDUE
S15 @ Michigan State
S22 MICHIGAN
O06 vs. Miami (Chi)
O13 STANFORD
O20 BYU
O27 @ Oklahoma
N03 PITTSBURGH
N10 @ Boston College
N17 WAKE FOREST
N24 @ Southern Cal

Or play on NBC with a schedule with Baylor, TTech, KSU, ISU, Missouri, Kansas and TCU....

Hmm.....this is a tough one!

im just saying,like a lot of people, nd might have to join a conference soon...and i think the big 12 will make a concession on the nbc deal for nd and those games vs texas/ou/ and whoever is up plus your choice of your rivals for ooc games(usc,mich,msu) will be huge games(tons of cash) over ......acc(duke,ncar,wake,miami*{probabtion/death},vt???) IMO...there are pros and yes the rare cons to both we shall see what happens ,im hoping for my opinion

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold TCU will ever get an invite, they don't add anything to the conference.

They don't get along with Baylor, and I don't believe OU or Mizzou want another Texas team that may vote against them in the conference. There are more cons to TCU joining than pros.

yeah i agree with that,im only thinking it could be a solid program over the other options,,, i trust tcu in the big 12 to perform more than louisville/cincy or ?????

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i agree with that,im only thinking it could be a solid program over the other options,,, i trust tcu in the big 12 to perform more than louisville/cincy or ?????

There really aren't any solid options, there never were. TCU is only an option right now because they have been decent in football the last few years. But if they go back to being what they've been traditionally, nobody cares about them, because they bring nothing else to the table......and even then, they aren't bringing much. A what, 30K stadium they can't sell out, no revenue, no academics, no other sports teams save maybe baseball?

ND and BYU are pretty much it. MAYBE Air Force or Colorado State (ugh). I don't see how we can ever get back to 12 schools unless we raid another conference, and that's not going to happen.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't WVU get consideration for the Big 12?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really aren't any solid options, there never were. TCU is only an option right now because they have been decent in football the last few years. But if they go back to being what they've been traditionally, nobody cares about them, because they bring nothing else to the table......and even then, they aren't bringing much. A what, 30K stadium they can't sell out, no revenue, no academics, no other sports teams save maybe baseball?

ND and BYU are pretty much it. MAYBE Air Force or Colorado State (ugh). I don't see how we can ever get back to 12 schools unless we raid another conference, and that's not going to happen.

yup basketball has had some up years but not since late 90/early 00 i think

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup basketball has had some up years but not since late 90/early 00 i think

This conference is screwed. Well on the upside I got a TON of material to laugh at OU about for the foreseeable future.

All that talk that Texas would be left out in the cold, that nobody wanted Texas, etc etc.......and it turns out nobody wants OU, LMAO

No question who has the power now. All that talk about how Boren was an evil genius politician that knew how to get whatever he wanted......until he got told he wasn't wanted if he didn't have Texas with him. LMAO, the RRSO just got a whole LOT more interesting this year.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of a full on merger between the remaining 9 B12 teams and 7 football playing members of the Big East to form a 16 team superconference, the B12 is going to add BYU to replace A&M and that's it. 10 team conference, 9-game conference schedule, like the old PAC-10.

And realistically, in the merger scenario the B12 is probably still adding BYU to replace whomever the B10 takes in addition to Notre Dame (which would need a conference if the Big East made a move like this).