• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 trying to stay together and PAC not expanding, so.....

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What big12 teams does the BE think they are gonna merge with?

Sucks to be them. Can't really blame those football colleges scrambling for a landing strip.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws will hit the floor when they hear all this while they are meeting tonight.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in business long enough to know bull shit when I smell it. The Pac12 is having serious, serous second thoughts about letting a bunch of "barbarians" into their country club and watching OU, UT, OSU and TTech run roughshod all over their conference. I've got a sickening feeling we're going to end up with an emaciated Big 12*. Fuck Baylor. And I will never trust Missouri not to bolt the second they get a better offer. If Boren can get a level playing field in the conference it could all work out but he can't do that without the leverage of having a place to go to if the negotiations turn sour. He won't let OU go to the SEC. I guess the West Coast is proving to be all it's reputation says it is. I live here with these treebillies, libs and ugliest women in the U.S. Guess I might be stuck with Oregon being the conference powerhouse. LMAO!!! Fuck it. Time to go to bed.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Big East is the biggest loser of the Pac-12 not expanding.

those teams in it are either screwed or the Big East is going to have to add a bunch of lower schools

I think the Pac-12 not expanding means the Big 10 won't expand and the SEC won't go past 14.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is exactly correct. bE can survive, but not as AQ.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is exactly correct. bE can survive, but not as AQ.

which means

that AQ will likely go to...

MWC!!!! MWC!!! MWC!!!

at this point we are trying to convince TCU to stay in the conference, if that happens we will definitely get our AQ, might be able to bring BYU in and get the ole band back together.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think you are right. Overdue in my opinion. Lol at Utah and byu.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which means

that AQ will likely go to...

MWC!!!! MWC!!! MWC!!!

at this point we are trying to convince TCU to stay in the conference, if that happens we will definitely get our AQ, might be able to bring BYU in and get the ole band back together.

I think more likely the Big Ten,SEC,ACC and Pac-12 will fight for another spot allowing up to 3 teams from conferences in the BCS.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. There's absolutely nothing that says the number of auto bids stays the same. Big East loses theirs, and there is one more at-large, with a lifting of the two bid per conference limit.

5 auto bids, 5 at large and up to 3 teams per conference.

God, poor WVU, UConn, Rutgers, Louisville and TCU. I guess the last two were mid-majors anyway. Maybe West Virginia gets it's SEC invite now that the B12 is locking members up, and ACC is stable?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the talk about any conference like the MWC getting an autobid is insane. You need more than one national, legit program for an autobid. What happens when Boise has a down year and an 8-4 Nevada wins the conference. It would be a disaster. Each of the BCS automatic qualifiers has a handful of teams that are good to very good and will bring a huge draw and national attention to a bowl game. Even the old BE, with Pitt and WVU had two.

I understand Boise fan's frustration over what happened when they joined the MWC but TCU, Utah and BYU are now gone, and it is basically a glorified WAC. If Air Force joins the Big East, they become a better overall conference than the MWC and neither one of those entities are going to get an autobid.

Think about it this way, Boise fans, what happens during your down years? Think about it from the perspective of the bowls. Hell, even the ACC, who has been down for a while still had FSU, Miami, Clemson, GT and Virginia Tech as national brands in their conference. How you look, as a conference, while down is more important in determining an autobid than how you look when you are up.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Big12 9 need to invite BYU, Air Force, and Boise State. All new markets and all are solid teams.

Big East will try to add UCF (if USF stops blocking them), SMU, Houston, Memphis, and East Carolina.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 right now won't add anybody.

WHO is going to want to join? It's just not stable. Everyone in the conference wants to leave whether they admit it or not.

BYU is the only team thats worth adding.....MAYBE Air Force. BSU has no chance.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHO is going to want to join? It's just not stable. Everyone in the conference wants to leave whether they admit it or not.

I'd rather have Air Force than BYU and their restrictions about Sunday play in other sports. Then we steal both NM and NM State to give Baylor 2 auto wins in conference... :D

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BSU would join the Big12. Not sure Big12 would add them though because they don't bring enough money and they would probably dethrone OU and Texas by winning the Big12.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see any major player joining right now, if ever.

All the Pac 12 did was open the door for the SEC or someone else to make a good offer to OU/Tex/Mizzou

The conference is dead, no ways around it. There is no incentive for any school outside a small fry like BSU to join, none.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. Every school even though they are making contingency plans are saying they would like to keep the B12 together as a reformed conference.

I think it could survive.

They have lost A&M, Baylor needs to move on and let the conference heal by letting them go.

Then fire Beebe and make some real reforms like equal revenue sharing (yes this is what it will take now)

Lock down the LHN with real rules. No high school means no high school, even high lights.

Conference games broadcast on LHN are ok'ed by the Opposing school and revenue is shared for that game.

No ESPN deals with Fox to keep games off Fox.

Then replace A&M with a Texas school like TCU or Houston. Not as storied a history but still keeps the footprint and allows the B12to show they are a legitimate conference. Live as 10 for a few years and add to 12 when their legitimacy allows them to bring in upper level mid-majors.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Every school even though they are making contingency plans are saying they would like to keep the B12 together as a reformed conference.

I think it could survive.

They have lost A&M, Baylor needs to move on and let the conference heal by letting them go.

Then fire Beebe and make some real reforms like equal revenue sharing (yes this is what it will take now)

Lock down the LHN with real rules. No high school means no high school, even high lights.

Conference games broadcast on LHN are ok'ed by the Opposing school and revenue is shared for that game.

No ESPN deals with Fox to keep games off Fox.

Then replace A&M with a Texas school like TCU or Houston. Not as storied a history but still keeps the footprint and allows the B12to show they are a legitimate conference. Live as 10 for a few years and add to 12 when their legitimacy allows them to bring in upper level mid-majors.

If Mizzou leaves, none of this matters.

Revenue sharing really isn't that big an issue, at least not for Texas. It's peanuts compared to other revenues for them, and the conference as a whole votes for or against it.

HS stuff has to go.

However, replacing A&M with TCU or Houston is completely out of the question, that's just laughable.

If the Big 12 cannot get BYU or ND, no one else is worth adding. Which is why I think this conference dies because I don't see that happening right now.