• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 trying to stay together and PAC not expanding, so.....

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which means

that AQ will likely go to...

MWC!!!! MWC!!! MWC!!!

at this point we are trying to convince TCU to stay in the conference, if that happens we will definitely get our AQ, might be able to bring BYU in and get the ole band back together.

Who exactly will be left in the MWC for them to get an automatic bid? BYU, Utah, and TCU will have left. It'll be Boise and the 7 dwarfs.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mizzou leaves, none of this matters.

Revenue sharing really isn't that big an issue, at least not for Texas. It's peanuts compared to other revenues for them, and the conference as a whole votes for or against it.

HS stuff has to go.

However, replacing A&M with TCU or Houston is completely out of the question, that's just laughable.

If the Big 12 cannot get BYU or ND, no one else is worth adding. Which is why I think this conference dies because I don't see that happening right now.

The SEC left the contingency for Misery to wait and see what happens. I think this is because Misery would rather be in a surviving B12. They have said this and I can see how they would be better off that way.

As for a replacement for A&M, the B12 is in dire shape right now. They will have to take what they can get. Or would the BCS allow them too stay at 9 for a while? 4 OOC games and a round robin of 8 gamesfills the schedule.
Which ever beggers can't be choosers and even UT will have to realize if they want to keep their network and don't want independence, that is what they are right now.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly will be left in the MWC for them to get an automatic bid? BYU, Utah, and TCU will have left. It'll be Boise and the 7 dwarfs.

their are still a few solid programs believe it or not

Air Force is solid and they've been considered candidates for a lot of conferences.

San Diego State was always a program with mass potential and now that potential is beginning to come about.

Fresno State, Nevada, and Hawai'i will join when TCU leaves, they're all solid programs.

Colorado State is usually a solid program have had a few down years.

UNLV is in Vegas but that's about it for them, they do have potential for that reason though.

New Mexico used to be solid but Locksley has turned them into the Vandypants of the conference.

if the Big East loses it's autobid TCU is coming back to the MWC, no way they would travel that distance if they weren't in a AQ conference.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC left the contingency for Misery to wait and see what happens. I think this is because Misery would rather be in a surviving B12. They have said this and I can see how they would be better off that way.

As for a replacement for A&M, the B12 is in dire shape right now. They will have to take what they can get. Or would the BCS allow them too stay at 9 for a while? 4 OOC games and a round robin of 8 gamesfills the schedule.
Which ever beggers can't be choosers and even UT will have to realize if they want to keep their network and don't want independence, that is what they are right now.

The conference as a whole is not going to take the dregs of college football just to make a 10 team conference.

If the conference can't attract any decent programs, it's not worth saving.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big East had less then 9 for a while and survived as a BCS league.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Baylor, Texas isn't stopping A&M from leaving

Jesus! I never said Texas was stopping A&M.

It doesn't matter what I say does it? You will take it as an attack against Texas.

My original post that you replied to was to state my opinion that I don't think everyone in the B12 wants to leave.

If I went on to give an example of how the conference could survive and you don't agree with it. So what.

How about this.

I don't really give a flying fuck what the Big 12 does and even more what Texas does, so if you agree with me or not, guess what, the Big 12 doesn't give a flying fuck what either of us think so ....

WHY DOES EVERYTHING I SAY HAVE TO BE ARGUED BY YOU? WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO YOU TROLL?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou will pledge its undying love to the big XII tomorrow during the Teleconference call. baylor should let a&m go tomorrow. Then we can put this to bed until next year.

If mizzou leaves, big XII will be happy with eight

I expect the major change to come when the current bcs contract is yp

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't matter what I say does it? You will take it as an attack against Texas.

My original post that you replied to was to state my opinion that I don't think everyone in the B12 wants to leave.

If I went on to give an example of how the conference could survive and you don't agree with it. So what.

How about this.

I don't really give a flying fuck what the Big 12 does and even more what Texas does, so if you agree with me or not, guess what, the Big 12 doesn't give a flying fuck what either of us think so ....

WHY DOES EVERYTHING I SAY HAVE TO BE ARGUED BY YOU? WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO YOU TROLL?

Wow.

Maybe you should lay off the coffee man. Your post implies that Texas is holding them back. I didn't respond to you in anger or with any insults......you don't have to take it personal.

For all intents and purposes, I've pretty much agreed with you with the exception of adding lower tier programs into the Big 12.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Maybe you should lay off the coffee man. Your post implies that Texas is holding them back. I didn't respond to you in anger or with any insults......you don't have to take it personal.

For all intents and purposes, I've pretty much agreed with you with the exception of adding lower tier programs into the Big 12.

Can you show me where I implied anything close to that? I said "Baylor needs to move on"

Here it is. Please show me.

HuskerInSecLand said:
I don't know. Every school even though they are making contingency plans are saying they would like to keep the B12 together as a reformed conference.

I think it could survive.

They have lost A&M, Baylor needs to move on and let the conference heal by letting them go.

Then fire Beebe and make some real reforms like equal revenue sharing (yes this is what it will take now)

Lock down the LHN with real rules. No high school means no high school, even high lights.

Conference games broadcast on LHN are ok'ed by the Opposing school and revenue is shared for that game.

No ESPN deals with Fox to keep games off Fox.

Then replace A&M with a Texas school like TCU or Houston. Not as storied a history but still keeps the footprint and allows the B12to show they are a legitimate conference. Live as 10 for a few years and add to 12 when their legitimacy allows them to bring in upper level mid-majors.

And it ain't coffee, just a low tolerance for trolls that aren't funny.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you show me where I implied anything close to that? I said "Baylor needsto move on"

Here it is. Please show me.

And it ain't coffee, just a low tolerance for trolls that aren't funny.

Yeah, it's coffee or something else, because that's not even the post I responded to.

I've always tried to give you intelligent convo, given you links, and articles.....I've never trolled you.

But when you can't have a reasonable discussion, you call people trolls. That's your problem, not mine.

Maybe you should learn to relax a little.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's coffee or something else, because that's not even the post I responded to.

I've always tried to give you intelligent convo, given you links, and articles.....I've never trolled you.

But when you can't have a reasonable discussion, you call people trolls. That's your problem, not mine.

Maybe you should learn to relax a little.

:L That was my only post where I said anything about needing to let A&M go. If you somehow took this implication from somewhere else please show me.
Show me the post you responded to where I implied that Texas was keeping A&M from leaving.

And I appreciate you trying to give intelligent convo. E for effort.

As for calling people trolls I would like you to show me a recent post where I have called anyone a troll besides you.

Oh shit. I gave you two things to do. Should I make you a list?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L That was my only post where I said anything about needing to let A&M go. If you somehow took this implication from somewhere else please show me.
Show me the post you responded to where I implied that Texas was keeping A&M from leaving.

And I appreciate you trying to give intelligent convo. E for effort.

As for calling people trolls I would like you to show me a recent post where I have called anyone a troll besides you.

Oh shit. I gave you two things to do. Should I make you a list?

Read post #26, chief.......that's your post, and the one I directly responded to. Are you having trouble noticing that I QUOTED what I was responding to, or is that just another of my troll tactics???

I mean, seriously man, take a day off or something. It really isn't that big a deal.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I read it. Where is the implication that I am saying Texas needs to do that?

huskerinsecland said:
Volbound1700 said:
Big East had less then 9 for a while and survived as a BCS league.
Then there you go. Let A&M go because they are never going to be happy. Stay at 9 for now and move on.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I read it. Where is the implication that I am saying Texas needs to do that?

Alright, fine. Every post you had in this thread has pretty much been about Texas. I assumed you were speaking about them yet again.

That's on me, and I have no problem admitting it. Does this appease you? Can we move on now?

Or am I still just trolling?

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://SportsHoopla.com/nGa5Lc

Delany sound a sleep... no worries!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, fine. Every post you had in this thread has pretty much been about Texas. I assumed you were speaking about them yet again.

That's on me, and I have no problem admitting it. Does this appease you? Can we move on now?

Or am I still just trolling?

The only thing I posted that could of been remotely considered about Texas was this:

and I don't consider that against Texas, just recognizing that even a school of Texas stature will have to make some ugly concessions.

Maybe you aren't a troll. Maybe you have an inferiority complex so huge that you feel everyone is attacking you.

Which ever I'm not your therapist so .....

HuskerInSecLand said:

How about this.