• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Big XII: Which departure(s) hurt the worst?

He hurt me!

• Colorado

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Missouri

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 53 62.4%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 60 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are sure the SEC will want Oklahoma? Not exactly the biggest media footprint?

Good football, for sure. Decent bb. What else does OU offer?

Personally, I don't see any conferences expanding beyond 14 teams. The Pac doesn't want to expand beyond 12. Most SECers wish they would have stayed at 12. Most B1G fans wish we would have stayed at 12.

Advantage of a 14 team conference? Two 7 team divisions. 9 game Conf schedule allows for playing every Div team, one guaranteed rival from other Div every year, and the other 6 teams rotate, 2 different teams every 3 years, or a home and away vs each once every 6 years. It's just a simple formula.

You expand to 16 teams and you will almost never play the teams from the other division.

And who would the B1G be willing to add? Notre Dame and Texas are the only two worthy, and both are the biggest headaches in the NCAA. The B1G will NOT give either of those schools what they want and will probably demand.

OU offers mens and womens gymnastics titles, most dominant team in college softball, and a mens golf title 2 years ago. OU getting it done in a lot more than just football.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska bigtime. Losing a blueblood kills

Who in the fuck is voting aTm. .500 conference team with nothing but talk

Seriously? Nebraska has been a Cornbelt version of the Gamecocks for the past 20 years

Neb 154-91 since 2000
S.C. 142-97 since 2000

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say none of them hurt. Big 12 has had a playoff spot 3 of the 4 years and continues to have a winning record in bowl games.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fences does A&M need to mend? They got tired of t.u. having Dan Bebee make the Big 12 all about the longhorns and bolted to a stronger, more stable, and better conference. They made a decision based on what was better for A&M.

Spare me. Aggy voted in favor of unequal revenue sharing every damn time the vote came up. You boys were even crying like babies after the LHN was created, an idea that was first proposed to your AD by Dodds years ago and your AD said no then changed his mind when ESPN approached your big bro about the LHN. Then, to make things better for Aggy, Texas and OU decided to allow Aggy to get paid $20M a year across the board with UT and OU while the other schools were going to get paid around $12M-$15M with the new TV contracts. Aggy had no problem whatsoever shitting on the other schools with that deal, even though Aggy never competed for NC's, played in major BCS bowls, never won conference titles and were rarely on primetime TV. Fact of the matter is, you got tired of being in big bro's shadow and secretly were planning to bolt to the SEC to be a higher paid bitch, nothiing more, nothing less.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say none of them hurt. Big 12 has had a playoff spot 3 of the 4 years and continues to have a winning record in bowl games.

And shares revenue equally and is making more money than it ever has. Don't forget that. Meanwhile, the SEC could give zero fucks about MIZZWHO, CU is the Kansas of the PAC, Nebby is now Minnesota 2.0 and will never win another NC or conference title and Aggy is still the same punching bag the way they were in the Big 12 and will never win a conference title or NC. At least they're getting paid tho......

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said a word about being in the Big 10 but trust me shit could change and soon if your conference keeps getting left out. The fall from that academic high horse will hurt at some point.

"fall from that academic high horse"??? Not sure what you are talking about. Just not sure if you realize how much money comes in from Research Grants? We're talking BILLIONS of dollars, every year. College football money is nice, but it's pocket change in comparison.

And you mention getting left out? I'm assuming you mean left out of the CFP, right? What's the financial difference between getting into the CFP and just going to, for example, the Rose Bowl, like Ohio St this year? I mean, a top notch football school would bring in an extra what each year by just getting into the CFP like OU did? And that same top notch football school, if it's not a top notch research school could cost the Conference HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS???

Does that seem like a good idea to you?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...how did Neb get in then? They loved the fuck out of some partial-qualifiers back in the day...is that what AAU means? To allow real dumb guise to play "college"?

They didn't have much in the way of research monies either...did they?

...and back to the partial-qualifier element. Exactly how unfair is it that all teams play by the same rules when it comes to academic standards? I've heard many bugeaters say this change in league policy was specifically directed at harming Nebraska. My question would be "Why did Nebraska need so many 'partials' anyway"?

Why did every other Big XII team vote to do away with partials? Some put forth that the league wanted to be perceived as more "ivy than mud"...kinda like the B1G.

I believe that Nebraska WAS an AAU school at the time they applied and got accepted into the Conference. And the reason they got dropped down and out of the AAU, from what I've read, was kind of a bullsh1t technicality that apparently didn't concern the B1G Conf enough to retract their invitation.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the rivalries.
OU/Nebraska
Kansas/Missouri
Colorado and ....

oh come on, what's the deal dissing CU like that?

I mean shit, just ask the resident Buff fan, @carson and he'll regale you with minutes and minutes of CU football glory....just don't ask him about the 5th down, he's a little touchy about that one...

Last edited:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spare me. Aggy voted in favor of unequal revenue sharing every damn time the vote came up. You boys were even crying like babies after the LHN was created, an idea that was first proposed to your AD by Dodds years ago and your AD said no then changed his mind when ESPN approached your big bro about the LHN. Then, to make things better for Aggy, Texas and OU decided to allow Aggy to get paid $20M a year across the board with UT and OU while the other schools were going to get paid around $12M-$15M with the new TV contracts. Aggy had no problem whatsoever shitting on the other schools with that deal, even though Aggy never competed for NC's, played in major BCS bowls, never won conference titles and were rarely on primetime TV. Fact of the matter is, you got tired of being in big bro's shadow and secretly were planning to bolt to the SEC to be a higher paid bitch, nothiing more, nothing less.

This a :deadhorse: we have been over countless times. Texas never did anything for anybody but Texas, so cut the BS about the Texas doing things "out of the goodness of their heart. That's a lie and you know it.

Bebee was your bitch and bent over backwards to give t.u. everything they asked for. Just admit it. Or don't I really don't care. Enjoy your cupcake conference, I'm happy with A&M in the SEC.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, who were the numbnuts who voted CU?

I mean, fucking seriously??????:pound:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And shares revenue equally and is making more money than it ever has. Don't forget that. Meanwhile, the SEC could give zero fucks about MIZZWHO, CU is the Kansas of the PAC, Nebby is now Minnesota 2.0 and will never win another NC or conference title and Aggy is still the same punching bag the way they were in the Big 12 and will never win a conference title or NC. At least they're getting paid tho......

"Nebby is now Minnesota 2.0"??? Dude, I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.

Minnesota's Admin got the liberal fever back in the late 50s, and were considering going the Univ of Chicago route. The only thing that stopped them was the surprise 1960-62 seasons. They couldn't hardly end a football program that just won a Natl Title. By the late 60s, instead of dropping football, they just deemphasized it.

NOTHING of the sort happened at Nebraska. Nebraska made bad coaching hires. There may be other factors, such as population shifts, meaning more and more players down south choosing to go to the SEC, and fewer wanting to go to a place like Nebraska, but that is something great coaching could solve.

Nebraska finished the season in a very good way, going 4-2 and showing themselves to be very competitive. NU fans think their new coach could be the answer.

As for Minnesota, they changed their attitude towards football, and built a new Stadium, built a new Athletes Village/Training Facility, and now I believe they found the right coach. You foolishly believe both Minnesota and Nebraska will never win another NC or even a Conference Title??? Are you mentally retarded? Where do you think Clemson came from? Before they landed them a top notch coach, they were no where near winning a Natl Title, much less a Conf Title. Fleck and Frost, one or both of those names could end up being the next Saban or Dabo?

As for the rest of what you said, sure, Mizzou's never been much of a do anything school, and TAMU? Not sure what to think of them to be honest.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that Nebraska WAS an AAU school at the time they applied and got accepted into the Conference. And the reason they got dropped down and out of the AAU, from what I've read, was kind of a bullsh1t technicality that apparently didn't concern the B1G Conf enough to retract their invitation.

Which shows they will do what they want if $ are at stake.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a :deadhorse: we have been over countless times. Texas never did anything for anybody but Texas, so cut the BS about the Texas doing things "out of the goodness of their heart. That's a lie and you know it.

Bebee was your bitch and bent over backwards to give t.u. everything they asked for. Just admit it. Or don't I really don't care. Enjoy your cupcake conference, I'm happy with A&M in the SEC.

So you went from one cupcake conference to another one and still can’t compete for shit? Again, at least lil bro is a higher paid punching bag although not by much.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU offers mens and womens gymnastics titles, most dominant team in college softball, and a mens golf title 2 years ago. OU getting it done in a lot more than just football.

Hey, I'm possibly the only other poster here that will sort of care about things like Gymnastics, softball and golf. And those things are all great, they really are, but to be honest, NONE of those things matter in the least, because none of those programs make money, regardless of their being successful, they just don't.

Football and Basketball are the only 2 sports that make money. If a school had a killer hockey program, well that might be a very VERY small factor taken into consideration by the B1G conference, as the B1G needs help with hockey right now and hockey is watched and so it's sort of a break even sport, doesn't cost money, but doesn't make any either or not enough to matter. Women's basketball would be the next sport in line of importance, but it also is not a money maker.

So outside of those 2-4 sports, none of the other sports matter. Maybe if all other factors were equal, then the minor sports could be the tie breaker or something, but otherwise they don't matter at all.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You foolishly believe both Minnesota and Nebraska will never win another NC or even a Conference Title??? Are you mentally retarded? Where do you think Clemson came from?
So using this logic, Texas Tech, Cal and Wake Forest can win a NC if they get the right coach?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Universities are businesses, and money will always be the deciding factor. Might as well accept that and get used to it.

Oh i have, that’s the entire world. Once again, no desire to take a step backwards by going to the Big 10.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is not a factor in any way, this was proven by no one wanting Kansas a few years ago when all the crap was going down.