• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Red Junkies Poscast

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me having a face for it is accurate and was funny the first 7 times you have told me that. It’s still highly accurate but not nearly as funny.

But you are probably just jealous cause you don’t even have the face for it.:lebowski2:

But seriously, I appreciate it. I definitely put a lot of work into it and love doing it.

Sorry, I'll work on some new material.

I look forward to future podcasts.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back after a bye week.

We reluctantly talk the Minnesota game, Mo Washington, and Indiana

Glad to see you address the lack of a downfield passing aspect (>20 yds) of the offense.
I thought I was going crazy being the only one wondering why they don't keep opposing defenses honest.
It don't take much of a defensive coordinator to make Nebraska's offense struggle to move the ball. Add in the fact that Nebraska stands a good chance of Nebraska's offense shooting itself in the foot anyway and you've got disaster.

Regarding Washington. It won't be long before he loses NCAA eligibility to play anyway. Being in Cali means he's not 'playing school'. This isn't Christmas break.

Thanks for the podcast.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you address the lack of a downfield passing aspect (>20 yds) of the offense.
I thought I was going crazy being the only one wondering why they don't keep opposing defenses honest.
It don't take much of a defensive coordinator to make Nebraska's offense struggle to move the ball. Add in the fact that Nebraska stands a good chance of Nebraska's offense shooting itself in the foot anyway and you've got disaster.

Regarding Washington. It won't be long before he loses NCAA eligibility to play anyway. Being in Cali means he's not 'playing school'. This isn't Christmas break.

Thanks for the podcast.

Yeah when 64.9% of your passes are within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage it is tough to stretch the field and spread out the defenses.

And thanks for listening. Spread the word.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to recap the Indiana game, talk about the buzz word of the week “culture”, and preview the Purdue game. This one is much longer than any of the previous podcasts but there were lots to talk about. Don’t have to use the link provided. Just search “Big Red Junkies” anywhere you get your podcasts.

I know the picture in the link says “Pat & JT” but I promise it’s Lee and myself.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to recap the Indiana game, talk about the buzz word of the week “culture”, and preview the Purdue game. This one is much longer than any of the previous podcasts but there were lots to talk about. Don’t have to use the link provided. Just search “Big Red Junkies” anywhere you get your podcasts.

I know the picture in the link says “Pat & JT” but I promise it’s Lee and myself.

I'm with you on nobody getting fired at any level at this point.

We can't give Frost the excuse of inheriting a group of bad players with poor work ethic etc. without affording every coordinator and position coach the same excuses.

So a coordinator can't get a group of bad players with poor work ethic to perform at a high level? OK.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on nobody getting fired at any level at this point.

We can't give Frost the excuse of inheriting a group of bad players with poor work ethic etc. without affording every coordinator and position coach the same excuses.

So a coordinator can't get a group of bad players with poor work ethic to perform at a high level? OK.

Appreciate the listening

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back after another bye week. Finally getting a chance to recap the Purdue game and the happenings of the last couple weeks. Also previewing the tough upcoming Wisconsin game. Give it a listen, like it, share it, tell your friends, tell your enemies.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Podcast is up for the recap of Wisconsin and preview of Maryland. Have some big picture topics in there as well. Give it a listen, a like, and a share

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good listen as usual, Jed.

May the best QB win the job. Whomever it is, I don't see much overall improvement unless they have a QB mindset. Put all the talent in the world out there, but 50% of the position is in the noggin.

I got so tired of them throwing the ball sideways.

Two things...

1) The receivers weren't blocking to par on them. I would think a guy like Frost would know the importance of good blocking receivers. He didn't run T.O.'s triple option successfully without receivers blocking. They blocked better than they caught.
2) Nebraska wasn't stretching the field. It seemed like there were 11 defenders within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage every play. If they want to play that sideways stuff then we're back to #1 with the receivers needing to be more physical.

Watching the national championship game, both LSU and Clemson went over the top, over the top, over the top.

That over the top also opened up their running games.

Fuck cretin.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good listen as usual, Jed.

May the best QB win the job. Whomever it is, I don't see much overall improvement unless they have a QB mindset. Put all the talent in the world out there, but 50% of the position is in the noggin.

I got so tired of them throwing the ball sideways.

Two things...

1) The receivers weren't blocking to par on them. I would think a guy like Frost would know the importance of good blocking receivers. He didn't run T.O.'s triple option successfully without receivers blocking. They blocked better than they caught.
2) Nebraska wasn't stretching the field. It seemed like there were 11 defenders within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage every play. If they want to play that sideways stuff then we're back to #1 with the receivers needing to be more physical.

Watching the national championship game, both LSU and Clemson went over the top, over the top, over the top.

That over the top also opened up their running games.

Fuck cretin.

Yeah, we only threw the ball 20+ yards in the air down field 52 times all year. Only completed 51.9% of them. So its not like we were successful when we did. But when you throw twice as many passes at or behind the line of scrimmage (106 times) as you do downfield the defense isn't scared of you at all and you find yourself playing in a small box than you need to and are not able to get the players in space like we want to do.

Here are those numbers on passes at or behind the line of scrimmage:

Nebraska passes at or behind line of scrimmage in 2019:
106 passes
18 for 0 or less yards
5.72 y/attempt
42.7% of all completions on the season came on passes at or behind the LOS

Last 4 games:
48 passes
11 for 0 or less yards
3.75 y/att
53% of all completions in last 4 games came on passes at or behind the LOS

Broken down by QB

Martinez:
68 of 89 for 491 yards
15 for 0 or less yards
5.51 y/attempt

Vedral:
10 of 12 for 77 yards
2 for zero or less
6.41 y/attempt

McCaffrey:
5 of 5 for 39 yards
1 for zero or less
7.8 y/attempt

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are finally back. We decided with the news of JD Spielman leaving being official that we would get back together and fire this back up again for the upcoming season. We talk JD leaving, the 10 year anniversary of the announcement of Nebraska going to the Big 10, potential changes in the upcoming season, and I found some interesting offensive stats as to how Nebraska stacks up against their power 5 peers. We will post some of those statistical results soon. Give it a listen, like, and share. Hope you enjoy it.

‎Big Red Junkies Podcast on Apple Podcasts

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are finally back. We decided with the news of JD Spielman leaving being official that we would get back together and fire this back up again for the upcoming season. We talk JD leaving, the 10 year anniversary of the announcement of Nebraska going to the Big 10, potential changes in the upcoming season, and I found some interesting offensive stats as to how Nebraska stacks up against their power 5 peers. We will post some of those statistical results soon. Give it a listen, like, and share. Hope you enjoy it.

‎Big Red Junkies Podcast on Apple Podcasts

yep.. just saw the link on ye facebook page

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a breakdown of the numbers talked about on the podcast

National ranking (out of the 65 power 5 teams)
Opponent avg starting field position after a kickoff: 28.9 (tied for 60th)
Nebraska avg starting field position after a kickoff: 24.5 (tied for 63rd)
Scoring % after taking a drive to the 40 yard line: 59.7% (58th)
Number of punts after taking a drive to the 40 yard line: 8 (Tied for 4th most)
Scoring % after taking a drive to the 30 yard line: 68.1% (60th)
Number of punts after taking a drive to the 30 yard line: 5 (The most out of anyone)
Scoring % after taking a drive to the 20 yard line: 74% (58th)
Number of punts after taking a drive to the 20 yard line: 4 (The most out of anyone)
Percentage of total drives made it to the 40 yard line: 49.6% (tied for 35th)

Obviously Nebraska's ranking in the Big 10 alone with those numbers are either at the bottom or very very close.

I have all the teams numbers if you want to know about anyone else.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really! Happy to have ya back Jed, any chance on doing pick ems this year?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the 3-4 people that still occupy this board, the podcast has been rebooted. I have a new cohost. Got 4 shows in the books so far. Check us out on Spotify, google podcast, and stitcher. Also on Facebook and Twitter @BigRedJunkies