• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Red Junkies Poscast

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started up this new podcast. This is the second episode of it. I started it with a buddy and he had to take care of family stuff and just could dedicate the time for it. Any of you crazy bastards in the Omaha area interested in being my cohost? Shoot me a message on here, on Twitter @BigRedJunkies or @jedburks, or on the FB page.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is a poscast??

and tuition is due. please tell mommy she needs to come home

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of Erstad. Particularly the fact that he's coaching in the Big 10 which is obviously behind the other four P5 conferences when it comes to overall talent. Nebraska has NO Big 10 Tourney titles in Erstad's 8 years at the helm.

Regarding their series win over Arizona St... It was not much of an accomplishment as it would have been in seasons past.

Beginning in April, Arizona St lost..........

Long Beach St: April 2nd
@ USC: (1-2) April 5-7th series
@ UNLV: April 9th
Oregon St: (1-2) April 12-14th series
@ Washington: (1-2) April 26-28th series
UCLA: (1-2) May 3-5th series
@ Nebraska: (1-2) May 10-12th series
@ Cal: (1-1) May 17 - 19th series (game 3 was cancelled)
Stanford: (1-2) May 23 -25th series

Baton Rouge Regional: (1-2) Lost to Southern Miss twice.

Arizona St won one series in that stretch.....

@ Utah: (2-1) Apr 18 - 20th series

So Arizona St went (1-6-1) in their last 7 series, not counting the Regional they lost.
They went (10-18) Through April-May and the first 2 days of June.

Regarding Nebraska.....

They went (0-4) @ Oregon St who went (0-2) in their hosted Regional
They won the series over Baylor (2-1). However, Baylor went (1-2) in the UCLA Regional

Nebraska has lost the series to cretin in 'back to back' years for the first time in how long?

So I guess the season's highlight was the Huskers (2-1) series win over Michigan who's still alive in the Corvalis Regional.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A poscast is what happens when your mom likes the D so much that she takes it off my keyboard.

I thought Bob Diaco removed the D because of the strain.

I find the title of the thread funny and glad @jedburks rolls with the punches of making a thread title error and we cannot correct the thread title on our end.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of Erstad. Particularly the fact that he's coaching in the Big 10 which is obviously behind the other four P5 conferences when it comes to overall talent. Nebraska has NO Big 10 Tourney titles in Erstad's 8 years at the helm.

Regarding their series win over Arizona St... It was not much of an accomplishment as it would have been in seasons past.

Beginning in April, Arizona St lost..........

Long Beach St: April 2nd
@ USC: (1-2) April 5-7th series
@ UNLV: April 9th
Oregon St: (1-2) April 12-14th series
@ Washington: (1-2) April 26-28th series
UCLA: (1-2) May 3-5th series
@ Nebraska: (1-2) May 10-12th series
@ Cal: (1-1) May 17 - 19th series (game 3 was cancelled)
Stanford: (1-2) May 23 -25th series

Baton Rouge Regional: (1-2) Lost to Southern Miss twice.

Arizona St won one series in that stretch.....

@ Utah: (2-1) Apr 18 - 20th series

So Arizona St went (1-6-1) in their last 7 series, not counting the Regional they lost.
They went (10-18) Through April-May and the first 2 days of June.

Regarding Nebraska.....

They went (0-4) @ Oregon St who went (0-2) in their hosted Regional
They won the series over Baylor (2-1). However, Baylor went (1-2) in the UCLA Regional

Nebraska has lost the series to cretin in 'back to back' years for the first time in how long?

So I guess the season's highlight was the Huskers (2-1) series win over Michigan who's still alive in the Corvalis Regional.

I agree that the series win over Arizona St wasn’t necessarily a highlight and I told some people the same thing you wrote here about Arizona St previous to the Nebraska series. I brought it up solely for giving Nebraska credit for picking up the pieces from that 3 week swoon vs Illinois, Northwestern, and Penn St. The avalanche of media and fans coming down on this team after those 3 weeks and also after getting torched by Arizona St in game 1 should have made this team crumble. I had to give them credit for stepping up and continuing to fight.

But yeah, I don’t understand Erstad still being the head coach.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find the title of the thread funny and glad @jedburks rolls with the punches of making a thread title error and we cannot correct the thread title on our end.

That strain just needs a monthly medication to help stop the flare ups.

I don’t know what I roll with more, my fuck ups or all your moms.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@jedburks is good people. he loves to get shit and can give it just as good

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least JB gave up on Huskers Beat which was such a loser sounding name. Whom ever thought that one up was not a real genius.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t me!!!

giphy.gif

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to bang out another one considering the news of the last 24-36 hours. I talk about Maurice Washington being in trouble, Darin Erstad resignation, possible candidates, and my dream candidate for the baseball gig.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is you go to the mid-majors. N, S, E, W doesn't matter to me. However, there are certainly regions that are stronger than others and having a recruiting 'in' in the region would be a plus.

The number of D1 baseball teams is overwhelming and getting someone with consistent success from a P5 school is going to be expensive.

Dave Van Horn was a great get out of Northwestern St. (Natchitoches, Louisiana).

The filter should be a list of 5 - 10 coaches that consistently win 30+ games, finish in the Top 3 of their conference regularly, are under 50 years old, with at least 7 years as a HC to evaluate, and give them at least a 50% pay raise.

How many NCAA tournament appearances they have on their resume is nice, but should not be a top priority because those smaller conferences are typically relying on the "auto-bid". They can win their regular season conference title consistently, but if they finish runner-up in their conference tourney they're often eliminated from the NCAA's. i.e Those smaller conferences only get one team in.
Finish top 3 in the Big 10 regular season with 30+ wins and you're as good as in the NCAA tourney.

A Gary Gilmore type out of Coastal Carolina would be a high end 'example' of "consistency". However, he's appx 60 years old and not likely he'd want to leave his alma-mater after coaching for 24 years there anyway. Again, he's just an example of the type of guy I'd go after.
Gary Gilmore (baseball) - Wikipedia
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers baseball - Wikipedia

@jedburks "who?" comment is spot on.

If I have some time tomorrow, I'll make a top 5-10 list. Never being an Erstad believer, I've been on the DBU example for a few years now.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the changes in the bats and then balls over the past ten years, good coaches are finally figuring out what works consistently.

We went from 'Gorilla Ball' with the juiced bats, to 'Small Ball' when they over did it with composite in calming the bats down. They've now lowered the seams on the balls so that they'll fly farther, so both aspects of the game are now in play.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the changes in the bats and then balls over the past ten years, good coaches are finally figuring out what works consistently.

We went from 'Gorilla Ball' with the juiced bats, to 'Small Ball' when they over did it with composite in calming the bats down. They've now lowered the seams on the balls so that they'll fly farther, so both aspects of the game are now in play.

And the bats are more like wood bats now.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayyy good shit. I was wondering when you’d get back in the podcast groove.

Gonna be listening for sure.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m am talking Michigan in the CWS, Will Bolt being hired, recruiting Nebraska kids, and preseason predictions magazines. Can also find it on iTunes.