• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big East Basketball Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette won't have enough games to get to it's late season collapse, so ... big plus!

The whole season is a big question mark. There's only a handful of games even on the schedule.

College football makes things looks promising. It's been OK, they're getting through. But the 2nd wave is hitting hard at the wrong time. It could get ugly.

Issue is the calendar seems to be our issue.

I think basketball is gonna be a shit show.

Miami cancelled their first 2 games 2 weeks in advance because of 1 test. If thats the protocol, games are screwed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This came out of nowhere. There was never any indication he was even pursuing a waiver. Gonna greatly help our depth.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UAPB is truly a terrible team(with no size) so this game told me nothing about the teams outlook as a whole. But some big things.

1. We don't just got depth. We got length, all over at guard. Bringing in Carton for Markus adds so much length. Carton, Torrence, Elliot, Perez, McEwen, Cain, Akanno(still out with Rona setbacks). Thats a lot of 1-3's and they all got size. Plus the 3 freshman who all play big/long.
2. Garcia is really fucking good. Just hope he's here long enough to really leave an impression.
3. Cartons stat line looks awful. But boy does he do it all, instant runs when he comes in.
4. I love Markus, it was never his fault. But no Markus and the ball movement looks impressive. Symir and DJ simply don't let the ball stick.
5. Theo's wrist injury was clearly really bad last year. The beast is gonna return. He was Markus at the line tonight. Still not much offensive game but healthy wrist adds so much.
6. Justin Lewis is gonna be a gem of a recruit. Will probably be up and down this year against real teams.

I am hoping this team can be a true contender among the best of the rest in the BE(non Nova/CU) and I think the potential is there. Still lotta question marks. Will know a little bit more next week vs Ok State and Wisco.

One thing I am willing to bet is, no matter how good or bad we are this year as a whole. I think this will truly be a Wojo team that is much better late in the year rather than other way around.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well......that game summed it up.

Talent is there. Just too raw and Wojo can't coach. Love Lewis and Dawson. Love em. Theo still a prescence.

21 TO's. Just completely reckless. We got up 19-7 and looked great. Ok state went zone and we lost our minds. Thats coaching and inexperience. Just brutal by Wojo to not have any offense ready.

Carton so far offensively....yikes. Still has his OSU TOs and hes the anti Markus. Refuses to shoot. Just let it fly dude.

Watching our athleticism and D(aside from the shell shocked 15-0 run where our offensive melt down carried over to D) against a power 5 team reaffirms i think this will be a Wojo team that actually is better later in the year........................assuming Wojo himself doesnt get in the way.

Refs were brutal, took away any shot to comeback but make 2 shots in 13 mintues you dont deserve it.

Biggest bright side is more games like this and Dawson/Carton will definitely be here for a bit. I like the future with Dawson and Lewis.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well......that game summed it up.

Talent is there. Just too raw and Wojo can't coach. Love Lewis and Dawson. Love em. Theo still a prescence.

21 TO's. Just completely reckless. We got up 19-7 and looked great. Ok state went zone and we lost our minds. Thats coaching and inexperience. Just brutal by Wojo to not have any offense ready.

Carton so far offensively....yikes. Still has his OSU TOs and hes the anti Markus. Refuses to shoot. Just let it fly dude.

Watching our athleticism and D(aside from the shell shocked 15-0 run where our offensive melt down carried over to D) against a power 5 team reaffirms i think this will be a Wojo team that actually is better later in the year........................assuming Wojo himself doesnt get in the way.

Refs were brutal, took away any shot to comeback but make 2 shots in 13 mintues you dont deserve it.

Biggest bright side is more games like this and Dawson/Carton will definitely be here for a bit. I like the future with Dawson and Lewis.

Yup.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice win, not sure how much OOC will mean this year.

Carton is better than Markus. He can take it to the hole and score when the defense tightens up in crunch time. If he sticks around another year, good things will happen.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win, not sure how much OOC will mean this year.

Carton is better than Markus. He can take it to the hole and score when the defense tightens up in crunch time. If he sticks around another year, good things will happen.

He's been pretty poor so far. But the make up is there. He just doesnt have the killer instinct yet. I think him and Garcia will both be back next year, too many flaws to leave yet. We could be really good next year.

OOC wont mean much, but with how bad the BE has been early it's good to have one of the big wins(Bucky waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated).

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why the fuck Trice is trying to take a charge at the 3 point line with one second left in the game. What a dumbass.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why the fuck Trice is trying to take a charge at the 3 point line with one second left in the game. What a dumbass.

I think the answer you're looking for is "Wisconsin".

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was idiotic. Wasnt gonna get a shot off.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BE has bounced back a bit this weekend with some key wins for the league.

SHU with what might of been an actual season saving win for now.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BE has bounced back a bit this weekend with some key wins for the league.

SHU with what might of been an actual season saving win for now.
Creighton gets Kansas tomorrow in another big opportunity.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton gets Kansas tomorrow in another big opportunity.

Don't ever wanna count out a program like Kansas. But I really think Creighton should beat them around a bit. Maybe win in a route.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ever wanna count out a program like Kansas. But I really think Creighton should beat them around a bit. Maybe win in a route.
Close game so far. Several lead changes. We'll see if either team can go on a run to take control.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close game so far. Several lead changes. We'll see if either team can go on a run to take control.
Disappointing.
Zagarowski wasn’t very good and missed it at the end.

Creighton still got a bit of a turnstile issue on D

shoulda had that one

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing.

shoulda had that one

Only watched the very end of the game, but Kansas still a tough place to win. I knew it was over. College kids can never hit all three free throws, except for Kyle Guy.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing.

shoulda had that one
Zagarowski was definitely off. I thought the defense played ok.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zagarowski was definitely off. I thought the defense played ok.

The zone D is pretty solid(it will destroy us). But the rebounding and any sort of man/transition D is woof.

But it’s a good trade off because on the other end you guys got mismatches like crazy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is already a fucking joke. First off.....Walton. Complete embarrassment, doesnt even watch the game. Total moron.

And the officiating is a travesty. We've come out guns blazing, crashing the glass and getting whatever we want vs UCLA. So the refs have decided to call fouls only 1 way.

Two fouls on Theo per usual

Three on Lewis, 1 was a clear And 1 called a offensive foul when the Bruin guy was 1. Moving 2. Flopped 3. Threw his arm into Lewis. Just awful

Cain got a steal and when jumping for the ball was grabbed by the neck and lost it out of bounds. UCLA ball on the no call, they score.

Even dumbass walton is complaining about the Pac 12 cook job