• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ben says Dalton is ROY

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to go to either Cam or Green. If anyone picks Dalton, someone will pull the race card. so we can count Dalton out.

This is the only reason Kramer would vote for Dalton.

No way K-man's punching his card for a black player when a White one is sitting there.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter why they are, Newton has to deal with defenses knowing he is gonna throw. Also Green is making Dalton look good.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Steve Smith is killing Newton. Dalton played two games against Pitt and Baltimore w/out Green and came a few plays away from winning both of those anyway.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too stupid to realize in Post #21, the conversation evolved to speculation of what Cam and/or Andy might do if they switched places. But then again, you're a Steelers fan, so it's not surprising.

switching teams was never the topic of conversation...it was just a point people kept coming back to so you dipshits could keep your little Cam v. Andy flamewar going

and to think that just yesterday you were all bitching about how over on the steelers page all of our conversations are in one thread....hell, by the standard you've put forth here y'all are just as guilty

tbh, i don't give a fuck if all the steeler fans on espn are douchebags....this isn't fucking espn now is it?

you bitch about how our discussions work over on our page so i come over here and try to enter the fray an all i keep getting back is a bunch of bullshit about appalachia and how being a steeler fan must make me somehow too inept for basic communication

how about this....i've been watching dalton for 4 years now and he is a better fucking qb than newton...he just comes from a school who's HC is a hardass and wouldn't stand for the grandstanding that got newton so much recognition @ auburn

so calm the fuck down already, i enjoy most of the folks over here as they seem to be pretty cool folks who like to shoot the shit about football and i will be back as often as i please...you're welcome to ignore me, if not, then i look forward to more civil discussions in the future

what really pisses me off is that i'm allowing myself to get all butt-hurt over this :L

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First let me start off by saying...I love how you just call people names like this (stupid), but then later on you'll say you never do. So, here you go. This is me pointing it out. You do. Great job. Way to show you man-hood by calling someone stupid on a messege board. You're a real hero.

Yes, I guess I have evolved too. In fact, this isn't even the first time. I believe this now makes it a 3rd time. Feel better yet?

We're talking about heroes now? How about this hero who's jumping to the defense of someone who was called stupid. How cute.

"This is all fail" followed by an emoticon (yeah, manly!) elicits the type of response received especially when initial post is off base.

Moving on to the next point...the thread evolved, yes in a way. However, in reality, this whole section about the better player is predicated on the fact that the better player should win ROY. So, in effect...ALL of this...including everying about who is better...goes back to the original topic of ROY.

Maybe you missed it. I wouldn't call you stupid, though, because normally you're observational skills are very acute, but one would think that a relatively normal I.Q. would pick that up. Though, stupid is as stupid does (or something like that).

Key word: "should". But they don't. Just as you alluded to in Post #66:

"Wins matter. Like it or not, it's just a fact of the matter."

Wins are a factor (even though I don't believe they should be as I stated earlier). Hence, the discussion of who is ROY and who is the better player are not the same thing. Therefore, that poll has little bearing on the discussion of who the better player is or how either would fare on another team.

I think you're offended because you agreed with a person who I called stupid. One person could be too stupid to realize what's there while another might just be mistaken. Don't take it so personally.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith was terrible last year. Terrible. And the rest of his WRs with they were as good as Caldwell.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last year doesn't matter. He's been great this year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I guess I have evolved too. In fact, this isn't even the first time. I believe this now makes it a 3rd time. Feel better yet?

We're talking about heroes now? How about this hero who's jumping to the defense of someone who was called stupid. How cute.

"This is all fail" followed by an emoticon (yeah, manly!) elicits the type of response received especially when initial post is off base.

Key word: "should". But they don't. Just as you alluded to in Post #66:

"Wins matter. Like it or not, it's just a fact of the matter."

Wins are a factor (even though I don't believe they should be as I stated earlier). Hence, the discussion of who is ROY and who is the better player are not the same thing. Therefore, that poll has little bearing on the discussion of who the better player is or how either would fare on another team.

I think you're offended because you agreed with a person who I called stupid. One person could be too stupid to realize what's there while another might just be mistaken. Don't take it so personally.

I'm not "defending" anyone. Just pointing out, that once again, you resort to name calling when you have nothing else in your bag of tricks. Then you slime away and deny it ever happens. I was just calling that out to light.

A poster made a comment...sarcasm was implied...in both posts. I'm sorry you failed to pick that up and felt the need to defend yourself. Take your own advise and don't take it so personal. If you didn't, you wouldn't feel the need to rebut everyone on this board who dares oppose your mighty opinion. Laughable.

The better player SHOULD help his team to more wins. So, it's a valid argument for BOTH ROY and better player. If Dalton were losing the Bengals games everyone would be quick to point out that fact in a heart-beat...so it matters in both arguments. While I realize this isn't always the case, I know that it's going to be a factor, so you have to account for it.

I agree with the other poster because I think he's right. It's not personal...just funny how deluded you are.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year doesn't matter. He's been great this year.

Yeah. And those years of experience before don't account for anything.

But, I mean, hey..AJ dominating at the NCAA level is just as good, right?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol this conversation is stupid. Neither of you can open your eyes so I'm done.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, on the subject of big plays, I just read that Cam has 26 plays of over 20 yards. Dalton has 24, so not much difference there.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, Newton is 8th in the league in YAC for WRs, meaning that a lot of his passing yards are due to WRs running after the catch.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember quite a few of Daltons being short passes that were broke for big plays. Simpsons long catch comes to mind as a fee others. My eyes are open. Dalton is great, but he hasn't been as good as Newton.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Newton has 400 yards more in YAC yards than Dalton. Also, Newton has about 500 more passing yrds, but also an extra game and a half played. If Dalton had played you could probably make that only a few hundred yards difference, and probably another TD or two more that he'd have.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton has the whole superman celebration thingy he does.

He's a shoe in.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ fine. Dalton is ROY. He is the MVP. I'm done this this conversation. And it doesn't matter what Dalton could have. We aren't psychic remember. He could also have thrown 4 INTs and no TDs.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not "defending" anyone. Just pointing out, that once again, you resort to name calling when you have nothing else in your bag of tricks. Then you slime away and deny it ever happens. I was just calling that out to light.

A poster made a comment...sarcasm was implied...in both posts. I'm sorry you failed to pick that up and felt the need to defend yourself. Take your own advise and don't take it so personal. If you didn't, you wouldn't feel the need to rebut everyone on this board who dares oppose your mighty opinion. Laughable.

Right, I'm really trying to dodge someone saying "this is fail" because that response elicits so much thought and consideration. How do I come up with an educated response to that? Let me call him an idiot and run. LOL

You earn the right to make those kind of responses, sarcastic or not. You aren't going to come here and make that your first post or even your 5th. Otherwise you just look foolish and get called for it.

The better player SHOULD help his team to more wins. So, it's a valid argument for BOTH ROY and better player. If Dalton were losing the Bengals games everyone would be quick to point out that fact in a heart-beat...so it matters in both arguments. While I realize this isn't always the case, I know that it's going to be a factor, so you have to account for it.

I agree with the other poster because I think he's right. It's not personal...just funny how deluded you are.

Wrong. It's a team sport. If he's putting up 30 ppg and his defense is giving up 40 ppg, there's nothing he can do about it.

Based on your logic, Tebow with his 5-1 record is better than every other QB in this league other than Rodgers who is 12-0.

Only an idiot or an "analyst"/sportswriter points to losses as an indication of a players ability.

1) An idiot because it's stupid unless a player is directly response for wins (guys like Manning and Rodgers MIGHT fall into this category) or losses (almost never can you put a single player here).

2) An "analyst"/sportswriter because their readers or subscribers don't care for any more than a simplistic view of a player. Nor do they have the time or desire to delve into stats further than on the surface as they cover a wide number of players, teams, or sports.