• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ben says Dalton is ROY

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And way to many Cam haters. Hated him before the draft and can't get over it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Btw, wins should not be considering in ROY selection. Unless the two finalists are both on winning teams or losing teams.

W/L are TEAM stats. If you're comparing individual players, it should be by PLAYER stats.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, wins should not be considering in ROY selection. Unless the two finalists are both on winning teams or losing teams.

W/L are TEAM stats. If you're comparing individual players, it should be by PLAYER stats.

They are taken into account, though. So, so much for that.

Matt Kemp got totally fucked in baseball. Why? His team stunk.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Way too many pretend psychics on this board. And I don't hate cam. I said I'd vote him 3rd.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate cam. Was I wrong about him? Yep. Was I the only one? Nope.

Does that affect what I think now? Not at all.

2 facts that can't be disputed: None of the voting depicts whether player A would be good on player B's team and visa versa. Doesn't happen. So, why even bring that argument up. It's a non-issue.

Wins matter. Like it or not, it's just a fact of the matter. You can moan and groan all you want, but it's just the way it is.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam has been the better player this season. That is also a fact. Stats don't lie.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like Cam has no one to throw to like Dalton with Green. He has Steve Smith, a savvy verteran who has lit up the board.

I wonder how many of those deep passes that Cam has completed are OUTSIDE the pocket where the defense is now starting to worry about him running rather than throwing the ball.

Cam has had a great year, and I am not sure who I would vote for right now even though I was a Cam hater coming into the year, however, one thing Dalton can say, he has 4 4th quarter come from behind wins, and his team is in a playoff hunt with a 7-4 record.

One other thing, I can almost guarantee Cam doesn't have as many dropped passes as Dalton does. Between Simpson and Caldwell, there have been a ton of plays left on the field, several of which cost a game in Denver.

Not saying no one in Carolina isn't dropping passes, but I can't imagine it is more than Dalton's.

Plus, Dalton has thrown a shit ton of passes away to save a play from loss. I doubt Cam throws as many passes out of bounds and trys to run the ball instead.

I think Dalton is a much more accurate passer. Just that Cam's style of play has allowed him to display a higher completion percent right now.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is all fail :L

You're too stupid to realize in Post #21, the conversation evolved to speculation of what Cam and/or Andy might do if they switched places. But then again, you're a Steelers fan, so it's not surprising.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, the title of the thread should say it all, no?

:frusty:

The speculation was brought up about Cam and Dalton switching places and the thread evolved into that.

"Cam's stats would NOT look like they would if he were in Cincy. Nor would Dalton's if he were in Carolina.

Also, besides talent, you still have to wonder if Cam can manage the game, the small ball game, with the same ability that Dalton has been able to do. I just don’t know if he can.”

Guess who wrote those gems.

Post #35. Check it out.

Now please tell me how my post doesn't apply...

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too stupid to realize in Post #21, the conversation evolved to speculation of what Cam and/or Andy might do if they switched places. But then again, you're a Steelers fan, so it's not surprising.

you're a moron....i'm not even gonna bother

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam has been the better player this season. That is also a fact. Stats don't lie.

This isn't fact at all. That is the very definition of opinion. Which stats do you use? Does he have more yrds? yes, but he also less TD passes and more turnovers. So he's not better in those stats. Do those stats lie then? You call us Cam haters, but you're the exact opposite, blinded by his rushing yards and athleticism. He hasn't been a better QB. That's just not true. I think they're very close, but since Dalton has led his team to a 7-4 record, I'd take Dalton. That said, I think AJ Green should be rookie of the year over both of them.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say better QB did I, I said better player. He has 5 more TD's while having 2 more TO's. He has nearly 1000 more yards and completing a better % of his passes while having mroe drops. Has a yard higher average pass. Seems pretty self explanatory in itself. Carolina is also 29th in rushing minus Newtons attempts. They also have the 2nd worst defense in the league. That is all the stuff Newton has going against him.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to go to either Cam or Green. If anyone picks Dalton, someone will pull the race card. so we can count Dalton out.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They're 29th in rushing because they're too stupid to use their RBs correctly. Like I said Carolina is making every effort to make Newton look good and he's making the most of it. Dalton is makin himself look good. That's why more and more "experts" and players are saying dalton is ROY. Go check out footballpros. Most everybody there picked dalton.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First let me start off by saying...I love how you just call people names like this (stupid), but then later on you'll say you never do. So, here you go. This is me pointing it out. You do. Great job. Way to show you man-hood by calling someone stupid on a messege board. You're a real hero.

The speculation was brought up about Cam and Dalton switching places and the thread evolved into that.

"Cam's stats would NOT look like they would if he were in Cincy. Nor would Dalton's if he were in Carolina.

Also, besides talent, you still have to wonder if Cam can manage the game, the small ball game, with the same ability that Dalton has been able to do. I just don’t know if he can.”

Guess who wrote those gems.

Post #35. Check it out.

Now please tell me how my post doesn't apply...

Moving on to the next point...the thread evolved, yes in a way. However, in reality, this whole section about the better player is predicated on the fact that the better player should win ROY. So, in effect...ALL of this...including everying about who is better...goes back to the original topic of ROY.

Maybe you missed it. I wouldn't call you stupid, though, because normally you're observational skills are very acute, but one would think that a relatively normal I.Q. would pick that up. Though, stupid is as stupid does (or something like that).