• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12's Bowlsby rips NCAA enforcement, says 'cheating pays'

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12's Bowlsby rips NCAA enforcement, says 'cheating pays' - CBSSports.com

“[NCAA] enforcement is broken,” Bowlsby said. “The infractions committee hasn't had a hearing in almost a year, and I think it's not an understatement to say cheating pays presently.”

“They're [enforcement] in the battle with a BB gun in their hand,” he said. “They're fighting howitzers. We have to find a way to make progress on it. It undermines the confidence of the system.”

I happen to agree with his message that it is broken,but does anyone else see this as a possible red flag for the Big 12 schools now. He just called out the ruling body who determines what schools to go after. The headline could have read "Coming soon to a Big 12 school near you, the NCAA infractions committee".

Like the message, hate the way he went about it.

What do you guys think?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds to me that Cleveland State is going to be put on probation soon.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's right.
It really is no coincidence that just a couple of years after Oklahoma Bitch Slapped the NCAA in Federal Court about Television Rights, they put us on probation.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12's Bowlsby rips NCAA enforcement, says 'cheating pays' - CBSSports.com

I happen to agree with his message that it is broken,but does anyone else see this as a possible red flag for the Big 12 schools now. He just called out the ruling body who determines what schools to go after. The headline could have read "Coming soon to a Big 12 school near you, the NCAA infractions committee".

Like the message, hate the way he went about it.

What do you guys think?

The NCAA Infractions committee is so morally bankrupt I wouldn't put it past them to go nail Okie Light extra hard now. But in reality I think they all know and understand that they are running a very crooked system and as long as the right schools keep winning they don't care.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's right.
It really is no coincidence that just a couple of years after Oklahoma Bitch Slapped the NCAA in Federal Court about Television Rights, they put us on probation.

We all know the NCAA is a mean kid with a magnifying glass. That was kinda why i posed the question, do you think he just called for an NCAA pizza party in Big 12 country?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA Infractions committee is so morally bankrupt I wouldn't put it past them to go nail Okie Light extra hard now. But in reality I think they all know and understand that they are running a very crooked system and as long as the right schools keep winning they don't care.

I see them paying attention to recent news of a possible break away by the power 5. They cant be so stupid as to believe they are in total control, the schools ultimately have the final say and can make the NCAA obsolete at the drop of a hat. I think its being angled in that direction now, but this is just my opinion.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the NCAA is a mean kid with a magnifying glass. That was kinda why i posed the question, do you think he just called for an NCAA pizza party in Big 12 country?

Don't know. The NCAA really seems to be neutered pussies right now.
If they don't show an even hand in handing out penalties, there are schools ready to take them to Federal Court to open up their records and put them in their place.

I think the NCAA know it too.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them paying attention to recent news of a possible break away by the power 5. They cant be so stupid as to believe they are in total control, the schools ultimately have the final say and can make the NCAA obsolete at the drop of a hat. I think its being angled in that direction now, but this is just my opinion.

There will either be a major overhaul of the NCAA or it will disappear in a few years. Just my take on what I have been reading.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're already investigating Okie Light.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never underestimate Mark Emmert's ability to reach new heights of stupidity.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're already investigating Okie Light.

And maybe more based on this comment
NCAA enforcement director Jon Duncan was asked why all the criticism at the moment?

"Unless you're on the Committee on Infractions or our staff you don't know what's in the pipeline," Duncan said. "We don't publish our tracking chart. They assume if they're not reading about us every day, we're not doing our job."

Seems they could have some irons in the fire and not let anyone know beforehand. He further goes on in his next comment to say we could see some schools hit this year, if he's telling the truth.

Duncan added that in 2014 the enforcement department are on track to bring more than 100 allegations against approximately 20 schools. The majority of those are Division I. There are "upwards of more than 100 cases under investigation,"

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never underestimate Mark Emmert's ability to reach new heights of stupidity.

I see a power 5 division coming in the near future that will eliminate the top echelon from playing lower tier schools(if its feasible with the 12 game season) and a more intense type of college football for the Power 5 fans. I look forward to seeing it, I think it would be good for College football to get the level of competition back to a level playing field.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is Bowlsby pointing the finger at? Certainly not his own.

At least not intentionally his own, anyway.

My guess is Big XII coaches have voiced concerns to him about it. Coaching is a tight fraternity. They all know what's going on. Many try to do things the right way, but end up on the short end of the stick. They know why certain kids pick schools over others.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is Bowlsby pointing the finger at? Certainly not his own.

At least not intentionally his own, anyway.

My guess is Big XII coaches have voiced concerns to him about it. Coaching is a tight fraternity. They all know what's going on. Many try to do things the right way, but end up on the short end of the stick. They know why certain kids pick schools over others.

I took the article that he had something to say possibly but didnt want to point the finger in any one direction. I think he chose the NCAA as the culprit for a reason, and it may backfire in my opinion. Only time will tell but this might be by design to draw the NCAA into some action that might possibly bring the Big schools to form a group to dethrone the NCAA.

As i said in a different form, its seems he picked on the big kid and asked for some attention to him and his own people. We shall see.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slive shit on the NCAA enforcement, and now Bowlsby is taking his turn. Surely we'll hear some other comments from Delaney and Scott from the B1G and Pac 12.

They better have their shit in line, or there is the very real possibility our government gets their noses into it all. Even if they create a new division , they have to create their own rules and regulations that will undoubtedly have its roots deeply entrenched with current NCAA guidelines. Either way it is going to be a long and drawn out process for these commissioners, school Presidents, and ADs to get together and figure out. To be honest, I don't think they'll make it much better unless they actually want to get serious about cheating and penalties.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like someone just wants to create some drama

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabre-rattling.

If the NCAA truly feels threatened it will start laying down the law.

And it hasn't yet.

Realize the NCAA isn't just feetsball...it's ALL the sports. I don't think that they've adjusted their staffing to mirror the amount of money/importance present in each sport.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slive shit on the NCAA enforcement, and now Bowlsby is taking his turn. Surely we'll hear some other comments from Delaney and Scott from the B1G and Pac 12.

They better have their shit in line, or there is the very real possibility our government gets their noses into it all. Even if they create a new division , they have to create their own rules and regulations that will undoubtedly have its roots deeply entrenched with current NCAA guidelines. Either way it is going to be a long and drawn out process for these commissioners, school Presidents, and ADs to get together and figure out. To be honest, I don't think they'll make it much better unless they actually want to get serious about cheating and penalties.

God lets hope not, look at the mess they've made of the country, do we really want them to interfere in college football?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabre-rattling.

If the NCAA truly feels threatened it will start laying down the law.

And it hasn't yet.

Realize the NCAA isn't just feetsball...it's ALL the sports. I don't think that they've adjusted their staffing to mirror the amount of money/importance present in each sport.

The NCAA enforcement staff is so absurdly understaffed (less than 100 people last I knew), and have so little power that the Power5 schools will pretty much do what they want.

The real problem is if it is deemed to be some kind of cartel, or elite organization that the government has every right to step in. Hell, a very strong case could be made that monopolies and cartels currently exist.

They need to make somebody look like the bad guy in all this because we are talking about billions of dollars that are at stake here. What happens to the schools that would be left out of the new division? They would likely see a massive fall in revenue if no longer involved in FBS football. Would the new division subsidize these schools? How much, and how long?

And even if they don't separate, but are looking for a new NCAA, they better fucking get it right this time. Does anybody think they will get it right when every decision they have made since the landmark TV rights case in the 80s has almost always been monetarily driven?

Last edited by a moderator:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA enforcement staff is so absurdly understaffed (less than 100 people last I knew), and have so little power that the Power5 schools will pretty much do what they want.

That is such a cop-out even when they are given the information including receipts and detailed logs the enforcement staff generally choses to do nothing. They are completely and totally incompetent, and the fact that ~100 these leaches suck money off of college athletes to do nothing is disgusting.