• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 12 to make schedule decision tomorrow

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY.. move it up so there can be more time between games, ESPECIALLY once students head back to campus.

Yeah I’m really not sure why they wouldn’t. When they say mid to late September that most likely means the the 19th. That would be week 3 in a normal season. That’s late.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.. I think the opener is for the middle of september smh

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet they reschedule the UT/ou game til after Perkins, stevenson and Bridges finish out their suspensions lol

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet they reschedule the UT/ou game til after Perkins, stevenson and Bridges finish out their suspensions lol

I'm doubtful we'll even see OU/Texas kick off. By that time the teams may have 30 players between the two of them diagnosed positive and it would look more like a controlled scrimmage. Who wants to play/beat another team that's missing too many key players anyway? Blue bloods don't get any satisfaction out of that; let's leave that to the Wanna Be's who might "upset" a blue blood occasionally that was suffering from a huge number of sick players. When that happens it's usually from food poisoning but this time COVID is the one waiting to crap in the punch bowl.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doubtful we'll even see OU/Texas kick off. By that time the teams may have 30 players between the two of them diagnosed positive and it would look more like a controlled scrimmage. Who wants to play/beat another team that's missing too many key players anyway? Blue bloods don't get any satisfaction out of that; let's leave that to the Wanna Be's who might "upset" a blue blood occasionally that was suffering from a huge number of sick players. When that happens it's usually from food poisoning but this time COVID is the one waiting to crap in the punch bowl.
I think that they need to move the first game to week 0. It's before the rest of the student body arrives on campus. Play the first game, then you have two full weeks and can even push it back an additional week if the team catches a spike due to everyone returning to campus. I think when it comes to sports, schools may have them take classes online and at the athletic facility

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 29th is actually a very good week to start. Almost no students around, and plenty of time afterward to allow any player with the virus to get well.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 29th is actually a very good week to start. Almost no students around, and plenty of time afterward to allow any player with the virus to get well.
it's not that hard but Big12 has to Big12 smh

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that they need to move the first game to week 0. It's before the rest of the student body arrives on campus. Play the first game, then you have two full weeks and can even push it back an additional week if the team catches a spike due to everyone returning to campus. I think when it comes to sports, schools may have them take classes online and at the athletic facility

I think you're on to something with the online schooling thing. But it should be available to everyone if the virus is really bad. And cut the damn tuition if the students don't get to attend classes in the classroom. My God, it's a rip off for someone to study online and pay out the @ss like they are there in front of a professor able to absorb education in person. Zoom is not the same experience. OU is just floundering right now trying to figure everything out. If they leave our first game as is, we'll be off 4 weeks between our first two games. :L

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're on to something with the online schooling thing. But it should be available to everyone if the virus is really bad. And cut the damn tuition if the students don't get to attend classes in the classroom. My God, it's a rip off for someone to study online and pay out the @ss like they are there in front of a professor able to absorb education in person. Zoom is not the same experience. OU is just floundering right now trying to figure everything out. If they leave our first game as is, we'll be off 4 weeks between our first two games. :L
I agree, but they need the money more than ever and are willing to jam a square head through a triangle opening

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any school says they aren't floundering they are flat out lying. They may have a schedule figured out but they haven't solved the other issues fo sho. Everyone is struggling. Maybe in different degrees, but struggling non the less.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but they need the money more than ever and are willing to jam a square head through a triangle opening

You're probably right, Thiefery. There's also a rumor going around that you're even planning to open up your stud service again if you ever need the money. We all do what we have to do I guess.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they should adjust tuition it to whatever their online degree programs or "global campus" or whatever programs there are already

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 9+1 model the Big12 is using also says that OOC games must be played before Conference play, and not more than 2 weeks before.
Also, all OOC games must be played at the Big12 venue.

The Conference needs to supply 57 TV games is what I heard, and only, maybe have 54 right now.

I don't think they have decided the start dates though.
\

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 9+1 model the Big12 is using also says that OOC games must be played before Conference play, and not more than 2 weeks before.
Also, all OOC games must be played at the Big12 venue.

The Conference needs to supply 57 TV games is what I heard, and only, maybe have 54 right now.

I don't think they have decided the start dates though.
\
So much for TCU and UNLV playing in the new fancy as Raider Stadium.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown said he went to bed on that day thinking that Texas was part of the PAC.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup the Texas team got food poisoning in College Station once, at the hotel they stayed at :eek:

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup the Texas team got food poisoning in College Station once, at the hotel they stayed at :eek:
you remember the season where aggys had the bonfire collapse? Texas came out there and helped and the aggys kept pulling fire alarms at the hotel throughout the night..