• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 10 THERAPY THREAD

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So undefeated Marshall should be ranked above Wisconsin?

The discussion was about B1G teams, and a hypothetical B1G team being undefeated and left out. You were the one that was pointing to Nebraska beating McNeese St. by 7 as a reason for them to be written out of the playoff already, and my point is that a W is still a W, and so long as there is a zero in the loss column, it is a premature statement.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, got your jimmies all rustled up, didn't you? Sorry about that. Didn't think me just laying out my opinion on something would get your panties all in a wad.

All I said, was that I believe that a one loss SEC champ (perhaps other P5 conferences that aren't 1-10 against other P5 teams) would get in over a no loss B1G because the B1G has sucked so badly this year. That is my opinion, and I am confident many agree with me. I am glad to hear you believe otherwise.

As to Bama v. FAU ... did you already forget they beat West Virginia that beat a B1G team. Yes, your jimmies were so rustled, you forgot that already exists. If you run the table, what is going to be your best 2 wins? That's it?

As to keeping my nut-swinging to the message boards ... uh, we are on a message board. And, you say I am the ignorant one? How could you possible have 50K+ posts? :L

Bama beat WVU beat Maryland = SEC beat WVU beat Maryland >>>> Nebraska or Penn St beating Maryland?

Do I got this right?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama beat WVU beat Maryland = SEC beat WVU beat Maryland >>>> Nebraska or Penn St beating Maryland?

Do I got this right?
You were the one that brought up Bama beating FAU. I simply pointed out they had already beaten a team that beat a B1G team. In that Bama has no common games with PSU or NE, why bring them up at all?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that brought up Bama beating FAU. I simply pointed out they had already beaten a team that beat a B1G team. In that Bama has no common games with PSU or NE, why bring them up at all?

See this is where you are uninformed yet trying to act like you are.

Nebraska (55-7) and Alabama (41-0) both played FAU.

Now go back to the kiddy pool or stfu, watch, and learn.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where you are uninformed yet trying to act like you are.

Nebraska (55-7) and Alabama (41-0) both played FAU.

Now go back to the kiddy pool or stfu, watch, and learn.
Well, there you go. So, what you are saying is that Bama has a better D than your team? Got it.

You really think what either of you did to a cupcake like FAU means anything ... :L. And, I'm in the kiddy pool. :gaah:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there you go. So, what you are saying is that Bama has a better D than your team? Got it.

You really think what either of you did to a cupcake like FAU means anything ... :L. And, I'm in the kiddy pool. :gaah:

Is there a common opponent?

Yes

So there ya have it. I have won the internet.

SQANizl.gif

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion was about B1G teams, and a hypothetical B1G team being undefeated and left out. You were the one that was pointing to Nebraska beating McNeese St. by 7 as a reason for them to be written out of the playoff already, and my point is that a W is still a W, and so long as there is a zero in the loss column, it is a premature statement.

The concept still applies. If a PAC/SEC team emerges with 1-loss, the committee will almost assuredly grant them a spot over a B1G team given the total faceplant so many of Nebraska/PSU conference opponents have taken. Normally you could make an argument that they are head and shoulders above the rest of their competition, so it doesn't matter, but already we've seen narrow escapes from both teams against underwhelming opponents.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit? My team is not the B1G. I feel no loyalty to any of the other teams. Fuck them.

Sucks to be you. We have to root for shit teams in our shit conference and root against shit teams in other shit conferences. It's this lame fucking thing called fairness.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read your initial posts and said to myself "sure he has a point, he seems like a reasonable intelligent human being." And then you kept posting.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face, muthafuggin, palm. I detect a slight divergence between you and the point.

Hell ... I gave this a thumber just cuz it sounded like a cool-ass response and hits the point! That's almost signature stuff there nddulac! :suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a therapy thread, I do not find it very therapeutic.

I am now going to invoke politics and wish the democrats would come in and fix it for me. The wins needed to be taken from the other schools and given to the B1G.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read your initial posts and said to myself "sure he has a point, he seems like a reasonable intelligent human being." And then you kept posting.
It's easy, but let me type slowly for you ... a one loss SEC CC will get in over either PSU or Neb running the table in the B1G due to the B1G's OOC. My opinion. That Neb and Bama both curb-stomped one of the worst FBS schools isn't relevant, so me mistakenly not realizing they both played FAU means nothing to the discussion I was having. Not the first oversight I have had here, won't be the last. Doesn't matter a bit to the point I was making.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy, but let me type slowly for you ... a one loss SEC CC will get in over either PSU or Neb running the table in the B1G due to the B1G's OOC. My opinion. That Neb and Bama both curb-stomped one of the worst FBS schools isn't relevant, so me mistakenly not realizing they both played FAU means nothing to the discussion I was having. Not the first oversight I have had here, won't be the last. Doesn't matter a bit to the point I was making.

That you cannot even get a simple fact straight means you cannot use sound reasoning. You are commenting on things without being informed.

Therefore your opinion is moot as you've been exposed as an ignoramus.

Alabama's win over WVU will mean nothing because neither Penn St or Nebraska play WVU. If you want to go a game further and say that WVU beat Maryland therefore Alabama/SEC is better than Maryland/Big 10 then you must also consider that Penn St plays Maryland on Nov 1st and Nebraska doesn't play them at all.

If Penn St beats Maryland then you'll have to pick another set of SEC nuts from which to swing.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you cannot even get a simple fact straight means you cannot use sound reasoning. You are commenting on things without being informed.

Therefore your opinion is moot as you've been exposed as an ignoramus.

Alabama's win over WVU will mean nothing because neither Penn St or Nebraska play WVU. If you want to go a game further and say that WVU beat Maryland therefore Alabama/SEC is better than Maryland/Big 10 then you must also consider that Penn St plays Maryland on Nov 1st and Nebraska doesn't play them at all.

If Penn St beats Maryland then you'll have to pick another set of SEC nuts from which to swing.
I've been on this list long enough for you and others to know that is not true. Because I didn't know that both Neb and Bama played FAU I have been exposed and am an ignoramus and opinions are moot? :L

And, you still fail to see what my point has been all along.

It is you guys who keep comparing the curb-stomping of FAU. I don't care about that, as the curb stomping of one of the worst teams in CFB doesn't matter. They both curb stomped them. So assuming it would be Bama and Neb, as unlikely as that is, it is a push at best. Beyond that, my point about the OOC stands.

As to nut swinging the fucking thread is about a "conference," hence the discussion of conferences.

Finally, if you want to call me an ignoramus, please use the word "moot" correctly. LOL.

All I said was that a one loss SEC team gets in before Neb and you guys get your panties in a wad. Neb fans here a little touchy. :nod:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept still applies. If a PAC/SEC team emerges with 1-loss, the committee will almost assuredly grant them a spot over a B1G team given the total faceplant so many of Nebraska/PSU conference opponents have taken. Normally you could make an argument that they are head and shoulders above the rest of their competition, so it doesn't matter, but already we've seen narrow escapes from both teams against underwhelming opponents.

Good luck with that. The team many considered to be number 2 in the PAC just lost to Boston College this weekend. Or do shitty losses only count against Big Ten teams?

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No therapy needed here!!

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that. The team many considered to be number 2 in the PAC just lost to Boston College this weekend. Or do shitty losses only count against Big Ten teams?

Shitty losses count for everyone. The PAC has only a couple. The B1G has a plethora.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may suck in college, but Michigan State QBs were 3-0 yesterday in the NFL. Can anyone beat that?