• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 10 THERAPY THREAD

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 10's OOC is not done. :L

It doesn't matter as long as one team remains undefeated and wins convincingly over the rest of it's P-5 foes.

Wins/Losses is a major component in determining who goes to the Play-Off. An undefeated P-5 conference champion is likely going to get the nod over a one loss conference champ.

Penn State escaped UCF. Nebraska escaped McNeese St. By your own criteria, they are done.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State escaped UCF. Nebraska escaped McNeese St. By your own criteria, they are done.
If you're going to high-lite the p5 part there's no point in bringing up teams not in the p5.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to high-lite the p5 part there's no point in bringing up teams not in the p5.

So beating power 5 teams soundly matters more than squeaking by teams from weaker conferences?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In that case, all of the teams who lost to MAC competition are still in the hunt...since all that matters is how they fare against P5 teams.

Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan CONGRATS!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they beat whom? UC Davis and Army.

Is that the quality OOC you speak of?

Forget their #16 ranking in the polls. The polls are meaningless and not even a component in the play-off. :L

Heeeeeyyy, the Ft Collins St. Rams KILLED UC Davis this weekend! :yahoo:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's unbelievable? read what he quoted. He quoted wins over p5 teams and brings up wins against non p5 teams.

So ignore their terrible play in games that are not against P5 competition, because now they don't matter?

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ignore their terrible play in games that are not against P5 competition, because now they don't matter?
I never said that. Was just pointing out your mistake but I see you won't own up to it so no big deal. Carry on.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. Was just pointing out your mistake but I see you won't own up to it so no big deal. Carry on.

Its not a mistake. He said that as long as teams stayed undefeated with convincing wins against P5 opponents it wouldn't matter. That is patently false, and is why I showed scores of squeakers against bad competition to prove my point.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, what looks worse...getting beat by a good team, or getting a win over a shitty team (even if it's close)? Idk about you guys, but I'll take the W every single time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA needs to visit this thread.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, what looks worse...getting beat by a good team, or getting a win over a shitty team (even if it's close)? Idk about you guys, but I'll take the W every single time.

So undefeated Marshall should be ranked above Wisconsin?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I've been saying: The worst win is ALWAYS better than the best loss.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they take a one loss P-5 CC over an undefeated P-5 CC regardless of conference perception.

Oregon is getting it's mojo from a win over Michigan St. A Penn St or Nebraska win over Michigan St would be equal to an Oregon win over Michigan St.

But you know that, right?

Unless you can show me where an SEC team has a head-to-head result or common opponent result that is head over heals better than Nebraska than I'll ignore your ignorance. You can start with Alabama and FAU.

It's my opinion that SOS was only put in there to address the mid-majors.

This is not a 5 Conference Play-Off, it's a 4 Team Play-Off. So keep your SEC nut-swinging to the message boards.
Man, got your jimmies all rustled up, didn't you? Sorry about that. Didn't think me just laying out my opinion on something would get your panties all in a wad.

All I said, was that I believe that a one loss SEC champ (perhaps other P5 conferences that aren't 1-10 against other P5 teams) would get in over a no loss B1G because the B1G has sucked so badly this year. That is my opinion, and I am confident many agree with me. I am glad to hear you believe otherwise.

As to Bama v. FAU ... did you already forget they beat West Virginia that beat a B1G team. Yes, your jimmies were so rustled, you forgot that already exists. If you run the table, what is going to be your best 2 wins? That's it?

As to keeping my nut-swinging to the message boards ... uh, we are on a message board. And, you say I am the ignorant one? How could you possible have 50K+ posts? :L