• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 10 THERAPY THREAD

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange that Nebraska and Iowa did not play one game from 1947 and 1978.

Nebraska is 7-2 from 1979 'til now. With last years Iowa win being their first since 1981.

Exactly. 7-2 in 35 yrs. It will be interesting to see how this rivalry unfolds.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit? My team is not the B1G. I feel no loyalty to any of the other teams. Fuck them.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G has another week to try and get some sort of respect next weekend.

Iowa @ Pitt
Maryland @ Syracuse
Utah @ Michigan
Rutgers @ Navy
Indiana @ Missouri
Miami @ Nebraska

B1G 0-4 against power 5 teams at home this year.

I think 3 wins against that group would be considered a success. Which is pretty bad considering they only play 1 ranked team.

I like Maryland, Michigan, Rutgers with Miami and Nebraska a "pick-um". Could have 4 wins which would help.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmmmeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh...

my playoffs anxiety index spiked hard, then plummeted to numb, over a week ago. numb ain't bad...but it'd still be nice to at least be included in the "If this were the 8-Team Playoffs" conversation at the end of the season.

as far as the conference is concerned...it was encouraging watching Maryland play tough against WVU; and to see 48,000 fans watch Penn State squeak by Rutgers...but, as far as the rest of the B1G's play so far?

yah.
numb.
uncomfortably numb.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the committee isn't picking the Best Overall Conference. They'll be picking the best overall Teams.

They will emphasize obvious factors like win-loss records, strength of schedule, conference championships won, head-to-head results and results against common opponents.

Are you becoming our next OD?

You emphasized win-loss record and conf champs. But, the value of your win-loss record and the value of being a conf champ is inherently linked to all the other considerations you are ignoring - SOS, head-to-head results, and common opponents. The B1Gs performance OOC is truly going to hurt them at the end if there are 5 impressive CCs, and even more so if ND wins out. Say a one loss SEC champ comes out of the west having beat 3 of TAMU, Auburn, Bama, LSU, Arky and depending on who their East games are could be UGa, USCe and/or Ky (see what I did there UF fans). And then play them again the SECCG. Plus most of those teams will have at least one pretty good OOC win.

Perhaps now people will start understanding at least that justification for pulling for your conference.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit? My team is not the B1G. I feel no loyalty to any of the other teams. Fuck them.
Amen.
I'd hate to be like certain fans and say Go Dawgs and when that doesn't work out say Roll Tide, War Eagle, Go Gators. Geaux Tigers etc.etc. etc.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the committee isn't picking the Best Overall Conference. They'll be picking the best overall Teams.

and how will the committee think any big 10 team is one of the best overall teams when they will have no good win to speak of? you think just because michigan state ends up 11-1 that they will be considered a good team? they will have 11 wins over teams that combined to do absolutely nothing and were only kinda blown out by oregon. that is their best case resume.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You emphasized win-loss record and conf champs. But, the value of your win-loss record and the value of being a conf champ is inherently linked to all the other considerations you are ignoring - SOS, head-to-head results, and common opponents. The B1Gs performance OOC is truly going to hurt them at the end if there are 5 impressive CCs, and even more so if ND wins out. Say a one loss SEC champ comes out of the west having beat 3 of TAMU, Auburn, Bama, LSU, Arky and depending on who their East games are could be UGa, USCe and/or Ky (see what I did there UF fans). And then play them again the SECCG. Plus most of those teams will have at least one pretty good OOC win.

Perhaps now people will start understanding at least that justification for pulling for your conference.

I don't think they take a one loss P-5 CC over an undefeated P-5 CC regardless of conference perception.

Oregon is getting it's mojo from a win over Michigan St. A Penn St or Nebraska win over Michigan St would be equal to an Oregon win over Michigan St.

But you know that, right?

Unless you can show me where an SEC team has a head-to-head result or common opponent result that is head over heals better than Nebraska than I'll ignore your ignorance. You can start with Alabama and FAU.

It's my opinion that SOS was only put in there to address the mid-majors.

This is not a 5 Conference Play-Off, it's a 4 Team Play-Off. So keep your SEC nut-swinging to the message boards.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think just because michigan state ends up 11-1 that they will be considered a good team?
No. I'm pretty certain that if Michigan State ends up 11-1 people will recognize that the Spartans suck bawls.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you becoming our next OD?

I like how you gloss over Strength of Schedule, which is amongst the factors the committee is looking at, and the one the B1G is looking terrible in.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they take a one loss P-5 CC over an undefeated P-5 CC regardless of conference perception.

Oregon is getting it's mojo from a win over Michigan St. A Penn St or Nebraska win over Michigan St would be equal to an Oregon win over Michigan St.

But you know that, right?

Unless you can show me where an SEC team has a head-to-head result or common opponent result that is head over heals better than Nebraska than I'll ignore your ignorance. You can start with Alabama and FAU.

It's my opinion that SOS was only put in there to address the mid-majors.

This is not a 5 Conference Play-Off, it's a 4 Team Play-Off. So keep your SEC nut-swinging to the message boards.

Unfortunately for you Oregon also has games in-conference against top15 foes, due to how the conference has performed. The BigTen won't have many matchups featuring ranked vs. ranked teams.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm pretty certain that if Michigan State ends up 11-1 people will recognize that the Spartans suck bawls.

at 11-1 they may have 0 wins over top 20 teams, and a blowout loss to oregon.

why on earth would they go in over teams with 4 or 5 wins over ranked opponents? certainly not because of anything they proved on the field.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how will the committee think any big 10 team is one of the best overall teams when they will have no good win to speak of? you think just because michigan state ends up 11-1 that they will be considered a good team? they will have 11 wins over teams that combined to do absolutely nothing and were only kinda blown out by oregon. that is their best case resume.

Last I checked there are still 2 undefeated teams in the Big 10. Why are you limiting the Big 10 to Michigan St only?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have total Apathy for the B1G at this point. My son started Flag football this week on Saturdays. Its all about the triggers and the telvision is my trigger. I just stay away, just stay away.