• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 10 THERAPY THREAD

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just mention App. State or Toledo!:pound:

Guess he doesn't understand the simple logic of rooting for your team and being happy when they look good.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought. Maybe that SEC team shouldn't have lost. How would anyone know the team they lost to could beat Nebraska or Penn St. If there's not a direct common opponent or head to head? The committee is not made up of sympathetic conference nutswingers.

The common opponent and head to head factors are there in case you're comparing two teams with equal records. They are secondary tools.

Obviously nobody would know whether or not anybody could beat anybody before they played. We could have an educated guess and that would be all it would be.

Who's more deserving though. A team that is 6-1 against the top 25 or a team that is 2-0 against the top 25? Not to mention the B1G teams in question would have done nothing OOC.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not dumb enough to speak in absolutes after week 3. But if the rest of you want to play along with the media (ratings) created drama, help yourselves.

I won't be eliminating Nebraska or Penn St from a potential play-off spot until they lose a game.

Mark May called, he's looking for conference nutswingers to grovel over his drama.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously nobody would know whether or not anybody could beat anybody before they played. We could have an educated guess and that would be all it would be.

Who's more deserving though. A team that is 6-1 against the top 25 or a team that is 2-0 against the top 25? Not to mention the B1G teams in question would have done nothing OOC.

Won't matter at all. The committee is picking the 4 teams they think are the best...kind of like how a committee picks the schools that get into the NCAA basketball tourney. They will look at all sorts of metrics, and I'm pretty confident they will choose the best 4.

All this conference v conference talk in week 3 is pretty pointless.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not dumb enough to speak in absolutes after week 3. But if the rest of you want to play along with the media (ratings) created drama, help yourselves.

I won't be eliminating Nebraska or Penn St from a potential play-off spot until they lose a game.

Mark May called, he's looking for conference nutswingers to grovel over his drama.

What's funny is if (and that is a big IF) Nebraska were to get things figured out and go on a run, they are exactly the type of team that would have ESPN all over it. There aren't many teams that can get clicks and ratings nationwide like Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Record and conference championships are the primary factors. If there are two teams that are equal in those, they will default to the other factors. SOS is a factor for a P-5 to override a mid major.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this system, Alabama would not get in over Oklahoma St if Oklahoma St doesn't lose to Iowa St a few years ago.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this system, Alabama would not get in over Oklahoma St if Oklahoma St doesn't lose to Iowa St a few years ago.

lol.

How in the heck do you know what is on their minds?

They won't release their poll until week 8

Do you have Condys cell phone number or something?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record and conference championships are the primary factors. If there are two teams that are equal in those, they will default to the other factors. SOS is a factor for a P-5 to override a mid major.

Not all conference champions are created equal. A 13-0 B1G team isn't more deserving than a 12-1 SEC team. There are already two one loss teams ranked ahead of both PSU and Nebraska. You tell me both of them win out and they won't be thought of in higher regard than PSU/Nebraska? If the committees job is to select the best 4 teams why the hell would the potentially reward a team from the conference that is by far the worst of the P5? And given the results thus far an undefeated B1G won't have quality behind their wins.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media honks have been picking their 4 teams every week since week one and y'all lap that stuff up by the spoonful as if they are giving you some inside knowledge. Like you are somehow being informed. They aren't reporting news, they are creating news for the gullible.

LOL @ you.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media honks have been picking their 4 teams every week since week one and y'all lap that stuff up by the spoonful as if they are giving you some inside knowledge. Like you are somehow being informed. They aren't reporting news, they are creating news for the gullible.

LOL @ you.

I haven't even looked at any of that stuff until today. And that was because Mamba posted a link to it. I have no clue who the media thinks would be selected. And I wouldn't think for a second that they have any inside information.

I'm basing my opinion off what has happened thus far. Thus far the B1G is terrible and frankly with what's happened OOC why should they deserve anything? And yes I know the committee is picking teams, not conferences, but SOS is a factor and the two teams that haven't loss yet didn't challenge themselves OOC either.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL @ you.

And the b1g is creating its own unfortunate news on the field.

Deal With It

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these threads just keep hanging at the top of the cfb board.

I can't help myself.... :doh:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all conference champions are created equal. A 13-0 B1G team isn't more deserving than a 12-1 SEC team. There are already two one loss teams ranked ahead of both PSU and Nebraska. You tell me both of them win out and they won't be thought of in higher regard than PSU/Nebraska? If the committees job is to select the best 4 teams why the hell would the potentially reward a team from the conference that is by far the worst of the P5? And given the results thus far an undefeated B1G won't have quality behind their wins.

Please go to the college football play-off site and copy/paste where it says they'll use polls in their decision making process. I'll wait.

As per your second point. Once again, they are not selecting conferences, they are selecting teams. An undefeated Big 10 team will have done all that has been asked of it. Therefore they will get in over a one loss team from another conference, because that one loss team did not do all that was asked of it.

Mark May called. He's going to tell you who's in the play-off after week 3 of 13 and needs an audience.

LOL @ you.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wished You all would leave Penn State out of it. I love my team and won't give up but I see no way we go unbeaten with the OL we have. We barely got by Rutgers and Central Florida and could only muster 21 against Akron. Our defense can't win every game.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L another one of these threads.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these threads just keep hanging at the top of the cfb board.

I can't help myself.... :doh:

I remember not too long ago when the PAC10 was by far and away considered the weakest conference in CFB. Guess you gotta get your licks in when the going's good.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember not too long ago when the PAC10 was by far and away considered the weakest conference in CFB. Guess you gotta get your licks in when the going's good.

I don't think the PAC's been far and away the worst conference since the 90's.

But USC sure didn't do the PAC any favors this year, and really the only reason to cheer for the PAC is if it helps SC's playoff chances.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit! I forgot to feel up the candy dish with Valium before everyone came over.

:doh: Anyhow, continue.....