• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bielima on Wisconsin's Schedule

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his Thursday press conference, someone asked him about the Wall Street Journal article(latest to attack Wisconsin's scheduling apparently)....

"There's a lot of things you have to work through.... I would love the opportunity, and I've said it, but the one thing I will not do is go play somebody, a big time BCS, if they're not going to come to Madison too. That has been the # 1 fault, or the #1 thing we can't overcome is people don't wanna come here....which is a good thing, but it's a bad thing when you're tryin' to schedule."

Asked if he hears a lot about scheduling....

"No, I don't hear about scheduling. I know somebody said something to me on Tuesday so I could be prepared for the question, but...I frankly don't care..."

LOL

So. Anyway. Who wants to do a home and home?

Already scheduled. :cool2:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his Thursday press conference, someone asked him about the Wall Street Journal article(latest to attack Wisconsin's scheduling apparently)....

"There's a lot of things you have to work through.... I would love the opportunity, and I've said it, but the one thing I will not do is go play somebody, a big time BCS, if they're not going to come to Madison too. That has been the # 1 fault, or the #1 thing we can't overcome is people don't wanna come here....which is a good thing, but it's a bad thing when you're tryin' to schedule."

Asked if he hears a lot about scheduling....

"No, I don't hear about scheduling. I know somebody said something to me on Tuesday so I could be prepared for the question, but...I frankly don't care..."

LOL

So. Anyway. Who wants to do a home and home?

I'll take it!

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Wisconsin traveled to UNLV (which seats around 35-40k) and Fresno (which seats around 40k)

Obviously you don't need a real stadium to schedule Wisconsin.

Fresno I have no excuse for. We play home and homes against UNLV so that Wisconsin fans can have a long weekend in Vegas (same reason we do home and homes with Hawaii, by the way). It's a 4-day party, I went during college.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor should Bielema do a game against any big time program without a home game in return. Why in the world would a top 25 program ever do that? Its the same reason that I have no problem with Boise not doing it either. Doesnt matter who you are, if you are a top tier football program there is 0 point in playing a big road game unless its reciprocated.

What makes Wisconsin top 25?
All time wins? nope
National titles? nope

Wisconsin is not a big time program, neither is Boise State. They are in no postion to demand anything. If they want to become a big time program then they should play anyone, anywhere, anytime. That is the attitude that takes your program over the top and obviously Bielema doesn't get it.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is in the Big Ten, we don't need big OOC matchups to get BCS bids, or a national championship appearance if we're undefeated. We play 4 ranked teams this year. There is no way Wisconsin is scheduling anybody OOC without a home and home.

And you sound like a Notre Dame fan with that "all-time wins" crap. What about the last 10, 20 years?

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is in the Big Ten, we don't need big OOC matchups to get BCS bids, or a national championship appearance if we're undefeated. We play 4 ranked teams this year. There is no way Wisconsin is scheduling anybody OOC without a home and home.

Ahh come on. The last time Wisconsin went undefeated was 1912!

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh come on. The last time Wisconsin went undefeated was 1906!
Fine. That's not my point.

My point is that if the Badgers had beated MSU on the road last season, instead of losing by 10 points, they would have played Auburn in the NCG instead of Oregon.

There are two kinds of teams: those that need to schedule tough OOC games to get BCS bowls or have a shot at a title, and those that don't. Wisconsin is in the latter group.