• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bevell to Titans

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see this happening. I'm not going to get into whether or not he's a good coach, but a year there will certainly end a lot of hypothetical arguments that have been going on for the last 4 seasons. Seems like too good of a fit for it not to happen.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been following the Titans closely, but wouldn't Chip Kelly be at the top of their list given the Mariota and Chip Kelly connection?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: This thread.

Why?

1. He isn't an asshole like Kelly who's proven that he can run a franchise in the ground quicker than PC can win a SB with a complete roster turnover.
2. Whether he deserves it or not, he's worked with an unconventional QB who's extremely mobile with a cannon for an arm who's now the highest rated passer in the league
3. He's going to interview well because he really is a classy guy. I've never been a huge fan but he's handled a lot of heat really well.
4. He's cheaper and easy to fire if he doesn't work out.

I'm dead serious. He's definitely getting an interview and he's probably going to smoke it. Mariota's the new face of the franchise and Bevell's going to be able to talk up Wilson left and right. They have the exact same skill set. I know everybody thinks that Kelly is the logical choice but he's an asshole and they may go to Mariota and ask him and he might say hell no. I know it's all "he's like a second dad to me" when they shove the mic's in the face of these college athletes, but for the most part the stars who get nothing are pretty resentful of the coaches who are driving around in 50 grand cars and all that talk is nothing but bs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

1. He isn't an asshole like Kelly who's proven that he can run a franchise in the ground quicker than PC can win a SB with a complete roster turnover.
2. Whether he deserves it or not, he's worked with an unconventional QB who's extremely mobile with a cannon for an arm who's now the highest rated passer in the league
3. He's going to interview well because he really is a classy guy. I've never been a huge fan but he's handled a lot of heat really well.
4. He's cheaper and easy to fire if he doesn't work out.

I'm dead serious. He's definitely getting an interview and he's probably going to smoke it. Mariota's the new face of the franchise and Bevell's going to be able to talk up Wilson left and right. They have the exact same skill set. I know everybody thinks that Kelly is the logical choice but he's an asshole and they may go to Mariota and ask him and he might say hell no. I know it's all "he's like a second dad to me" when they shove the mic's in the face of these college athletes, but for the most part the stars who get nothing are pretty resentful of the coaches who are driving around in 50 grand cars and all that talk is nothing but bs.
First off I don't think Bevell is a hot candidate yet. If the offense propels the Seahawks to another SB, then yeah, but if tha t's the case you really should be hoping he stays.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I don't think Bevell is a hot candidate yet. If the offense propels the Seahawks to another SB, then yeah, but if tha t's the case you really should be hoping he stays.

I don't think he's a good fit for Wilson. Mariota's a little more conventional as far as how he's built. And even if he were a good fit for Wilson the training wheels are off. It shouldn't really matter who the oc is because he should be having a huge amount of input at this point. This is a better situation as well. The Titans are awful and they're willing to toss away a season if they can develop a franchise QB. Wilson and Bevell never had that opportunity. The same sort of thing ruined Kaep in SF because he was tossed into a "win now" situation as well, but since Wilson's a stud with a lot of character he was able to figure out a way to make it work.

I've bashed the guy more than anybody on the board but he's been lights out since the bye week. The plays are there. It's just a matter of calling them. And getting an actual center to snap the ball has helped out a bunch.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevel will definitly be doing some interviews during the off season but I don'the see him getting a HC job.... yet.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that the jobs that are currently up for grabs will still be available by the time Bevell makes himself available to be interviewed. One of those teams would have to want him specifically and be willing to wait until the Seahawks season is over (hopefully February) to interview him.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to consider putting a question mark at the end of thread titles like this one.

You'd probably end up confusing someone who is willing to believe it actually happened.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking Chipper to Titans. A Chip Kelly/Mariota reunion is something that fan base really needs to get excited about their team again. If their owner wants to get a fresh buzz in that stadium, he should make that hire.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of coaches being canned. I just don't see him here next year. Play calling has been great in the second half and Wilson's a top 5 QB. I give him an A+ for the second half. Will be interesting to see what he can do with an offense when nobody's looking over his shoulder. I still think the Titans are the best fit for him. They could just run the playbook that we played in the 2nd half and see huge improvements. Not saying the players don't have anything to do with the Seahawks exploding on that side of the ball but Mariota's a stud.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell really turned it around and most likely earned a HC job somewhere. I could see the niners taking him if they fire their current stooge. Maybe even the colts...?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans really should try and sweet talk Jim Harbaugh ( puke ) into taking the HC job. Heck That would be a GREAT move for the Browns also. Although he is a TOTAL DOUCHE he knows how to get the best out of his players and he made Kaep look like a stud for the most part. 49ers FO is a joke for not keeping him but hey i'm not complaining :)

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell really turned it around and most likely earned a HC job somewhere. I could see the niners taking him if they fire their current stooge. Maybe even the colts...?

according to early reports, 49ers top 3 targets are Sean Payton, Kelly, and Hue Jackson

but who they can get to actually *sign* a contract might be a totally different matter

meanwhile, Holmgren and Shanahan have both been begging for the job over the past week

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to early reports, 49ers top 3 targets are Sean Payton, Kelly, and Hue Jackson

but who they can get to actually *sign* a contract might be a totally different matter

meanwhile, Holmgren and Shanahan have both been begging for the job over the past week

I imagine San Francisco is the dream job for both Holmgren and Shanahan, but whether either one of them gets the job might hinge on how much power the 49ers would be willing to give them and how much power they'd have to have to entice them to get back into coaching. They're both used to having the final say on pretty much everything, but if they're really interested in getting back into coaching, it might not be something they need to have this time. Then again, it might also be the only thing that convinces either one of them to do it.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way the 49ers would sign one of those two retreads is if literally no one else wants the job. both of them wanted the job a year ago as well, but even Tomsula beat them out.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way the 49ers would sign one of those two retreads is if literally no one else wants the job. both of them wanted the job a year ago as well, but even Tomsula beat them out.

That might have had less to do with the team's confidence in their ability to coach than with how the Harbaugh era played out. They might not have wanted to deal with another coach whose ego might lead to clashes with the front office. We all know how both Holmgren's and Shanahan's last coaching stints ended and San Francisco might have wanted to avoid another one of those situations. Tomsula was the coaching equivalent of sorbet. He was a palate cleanser. Someone so happy just to have gotten the job that he wouldn't try to ruffle any feathers with his superiors. If neither one of them end up in San Francisco next year, I think it'll be less about their coaching abilities and more about how much power they needed to have to agree to take the job.