• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Betts Claimed?

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont get why the flyers are having such an issue with the 50 contract limit problem..if they really need to shed a contract there has to be some way they can trade a phantom. maybe a 2 for 1 trade or a 3 for 2 trade? im sure someone in the league wouldnt mind getting a guy like ben holmstrom or mike testwuide, and while its great to have those guys in the system i really dont see how that will affect the long term success of the team, especially given the youth we have.

That would be a huge mistake.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, and I don't understand why he doesn't get the call up?

Even though I over hype the guy, I just don't think his production numbers in the AHL warrant a call up. I believe he has the potential to be a better than ******* type of power forward, but he really needs to bare down in the "A" and prove his value over the long term. Like JvR did.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Chy...that was what I meant to say...how long can they carry 51 contracts...30 - 45 etc days?

Couturier does not count until he plays game 11. His salary doesnt even count if he only stays for 10.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, and I don't understand why he doesn't get the call up?

he's gotten a ton of hype, but in the times i've seen him (handful of preseason games last year, handful this year) he really hasn't impressed me at all.. he's a pretty tall dude, but doesn't look very big out there (muscle-wise).. and he really doesn't seem to get into the play like others do.. obviously an unfair comparison, but couturier does a much better job making an impact on the boards 'n such, which is where a bigger guy is supposed to make a difference first..

guys like holmstrom, harry z, and kalinksi (pre-injury) did a much better job 'in the trenches' which is where a power forward is supposed to make a difference first

believe me, i'm ready to embrass him, how can you not with a name like testwuide and with some of the hype.. but so far, he hasn't been close to impressive enough to warrant a call-up.. JMO

Couturier does not count until he plays game 11. His salary doesnt even count if he only stays for 10.

guys on the main board keep sayings it 9.. so on the 10th game he counts.. i thought he had a 10 game window too, but schenn played 9 last year, and i seem to remember talking about the 9th game w/ sbisa too.. i dno, just puttin it out there

if couturier keeps playing like has, i really think the flyers will try to move someone.. but i think they'll wait a game or two more before they start looking.. then they will try to move an AHL'er for future considerations (that could turn in to nothing).. i dont think it will be a huge problem, but they dont want to make a big deal about it 2 games in to couturier's 9 or 10 game tryout

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers traded Stefan Legein and a 6th to the Kings for nothing. 50 contract limit problem solved...

That does it, I am a Kings fan.

But seriously, I dont think you can trade for nothing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was traded for future considerations.

which was most likely something like "if legein cracks the kings lineup this year, the flyers get a 7th round pick".. which isn't going to happen.. so the flyers gave the kings a 6th round pick to take legien

stupid that it came to this, but i guess the flyers think bacashiua and blake kessel have a better shot at being useful then legien or whoever they draft in that slot would be

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am still waiting for the Flyers to collect their "future considerations" from the Kings for when JR got sent packing to make room for Forsberg.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooties got his first assist tonight and it was a nice'un. If he keeps playing like that this year then Legein and a 6th for him playing for us is a good trade.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting for the Flyers to collect their "future considerations" from the Kings for when JR got sent packing to make room for Forsberg.

haha Maybe we got them when we landed that 2nd rounder in the Richards deal. :becky:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he related to zack galifinakas?

Just like him, anyway. Great first season, but I didnt bother watching his. second knowing it would be exactly the same. :rolleyes:

After the lineup came on the ice, they showed some guys go on the bench in suits, including Lappy and Shitty. Betts was one of them....awkwarrrrrrrd

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he related to zack galifinakas?

560092.jpg