• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better without Carter???

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nothing against Carter, but why does this team seem to take on a different persona when he is not in there? They are a MUCH better team without him, IMHO.

Reasons? Thoughts? Agree / Disagree?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i've thought this since last years playoffs. i'll cosign this one with authority. this has nothing to do with my hate for carter..but i think its pretty obvious that for whatever reason they just seem to score more without cartsy in the lineup

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make sense as he's a 30-40 goal man but I'd rather have a power forward in his slot....one that puts up around 30. I would have loved penner coming over here....in any case I wasn't ready to give up on the guy until he has a chance of redeeming himself and then he gets hurt.

Any word on him???

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
because they have to step it up...if everyone is playing at the high level we all know they can do,this team is endless with talent.....i think they relay too much on carter if they play like they did lastnight with him in the lineup fucking scary

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because they have to step it up...if everyone is playing at the high level we all know they can do,this team is endless with talent.....i think they relay too much on carter if they play like they did lastnight with him in the lineup fucking scary

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agreed. carter is a pure shooter. last night you saw how dangerous this team can be when all the forwards can pass the puck in the offensive zone. it was tic tac toe city all night. carter, as good as he is, would have detracted from that. short of boucher and bob winning a cup this year, i'd say carter is trade bait for a goalie. if nothing else it showed holmer that life without him is not too bad at all. of course, in holmer's defense, jvr and giroux are maturing into very nice weapons this year, but the jury was out the last couple of seasons.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why do people rip Carter and plead for Zherdev. Carts kills penalties, plays big minutes, and out produces him. He is also well liked in the locker room. THis series, Zherdev played one more game, with each recording the same stats. Except Carter had a better shooting percentage and was a plus player. I am not defending Carter's production, but to say we are better without him while many stump for a less productive, less useful, yet flashier player confuses me.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people rip Carter and plead for Zherdev. Carts kills penalties, plays big minutes, and out produces him. He is also well liked in the locker room. THis series, Zherdev played one more game, with each recording the same stats. Except Carter had a better shooting percentage and was a plus player. I am not defending Carter's production, but to say we are better without him while many stump for a less productive, less useful, yet flashier player confuses me.

^^^ This!!!

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

images

a gift for that post

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To me, it's not so much about Carter, it's more about the other guys on the team playing at a different [read: HIGHER/BETTER] level when he isn't in the lineup. Someone above mentioned that maybe the rest of the team feels the need to step up their games more when Carter is out of the lineup, while they are more lax when he is in there because they are relying on him to do the scoring... Who knows.

All I know is that this: Despite the fact that Carter > Zherdev, somehow the Flyers WITHOUT Carter > the Flyers WITH Carter, IMHO.

Moving along...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*SantaMonicaFlyer*

Hit "UserCP", "Edit Details", scroll to the bottom and select "Philadelphia Flyers".

You're welcome and thank you!! ;) :)

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
where in this thread was someone pleading for zherdev over carter? i don't see it. nor would i condone it.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Santa Monica, I wasn't attacking your thread, nor did I see anyone specifically say Z over Carter. BUt there has been at least a dozen threads saying Carter sucks or should be benched, and at least as many saying how awesome Z is. FOr the record, I think they should both be in the lineup. BUt the love for Z and hate for Carter baffles me. Z has been on waivers three times now, if you include his arbitration number being left alone, and never once picked up. Put Carter on waivers, and see how quickly he gets snapped up.
I agree he hasn't lit the world on fire in the playoffs however.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where in this thread was someone pleading for zherdev over carter? i don't see it. nor would i condone it.

Hey Indy, damn good to see you popping in again man. :)

lol Not in this thread, but in others. When our O was struggling at the end of the season and the beginning of the Buffalo series, some were begging for Z to be in there instead of Nodl.

Last edited by a moderator:

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Santa Monica, I wasn't attacking your thread, nor did I see anyone specifically say Z over Carter. BUt there has been at least a dozen threads saying Carter sucks or should be benched, and at least as many saying how awesome Z is. FOr the record, I think they should both be in the lineup. BUt the love for Z and hate for Carter baffles me. Z has been on waivers three times now, if you include his arbitration number being left alone, and never once picked up. Put Carter on waivers, and see how quickly he gets snapped up.
I agree he hasn't lit the world on fire in the playoffs however.

No worries :) I mean, I hate you!! LOL...

Look, I like Carter - he is a talented guy - but they seem to play better without him. I think that AFTER they win the Cup this year without him [he'll miss the playoffs with the knee injury], they will look to deal him in the offseason and either (a) get a stud G if they aren't convinced Bob is it, or (b) get a good young F and a good young D-man back for him.

Flyers in...6, but it could just as easily be 4 if they play the way they did in Games 6 & 7.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Indy, damn good to see you popping in again man. :)

lol Not in this thread, but in others. When our O was struggling at the end of the season and the beginning of the Buffalo series, some where begging for Z to be in there instead of Nodl.

I'd agree with this. I don't understand what anybody sees in Noodle.