• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better defense Bears or Pats.

Who is the better Defense

• Total voters

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears got throat-punched today.

The conversation is dumb. The Patriots are a vastly superior team, on both sides of the ball.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What time (Dallas time) does your flight home take off?

Hope you leave time for traffic and know you will probably pay about $80 for an uber right with the surge pricing after the game. I think there is a special location for app ride pickups at the Stadium or I guess you can walk across the street. Sign up for Lyft also and use whichever is cheaper if a significant difference. A couple of weeks ago we took a shuttle from the stadium to one of the bars and even at that point it was like $60 for Uber to downtown and $80 for Lyft. I think it's about the same distance. Before the game should be no issue.

Hey thanks for the info and the BBQ place it did work out to stop in there. I landed right around 9:30am which was a bit early to get a ride for the North Main BBQ which opened at 11am so I hung around in the airport for an hour catching up on emails and checking out the Hoop and such and caught an Uber ride over there getting to the place like 10:40am. Still being a bit early I just went for a walk up and down the block checking things out getting back a few minutes before 11am. Just at opening time a guy pulls in and we walk in together.

He has asked if I had ever been there before and he saw my Packer shirt and such and told the guy no that I had just flown in for the game and was told this was a good place to stop in to eat. He let me go first and was the first customer of the day for the place and shared on what was good and such. We sat and talked a bit and he asked how I got there and I told him Uber. He then told me he lived like 5 minutes away from the stadium and offered to drive me down there and drop me off near by where I was going to meet a tailgate group. So it was awesome to meet this guy named Rick and then have him drive me down to the game out of the kindness of his heart saving an Uber trip. After the game I walked for quite aways out of the busy area and went to an Olive garden and sat outside and booked an Uber back to the airport for like $45 and was away from the busy traffic so it worked out well :suds:

The food was great as well so thanks for the tip! I sent pics back home saying I was eating the best ribs in the worl for lunch that day! The pic I took of the place was when I first got there early when nobody else was there yet parked in the parking lot!

upload_2019-10-7_16-18-17.png

upload_2019-10-7_16-18-59.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey thanks for the info and the BBQ place it did work out to stop in there. I landed right around 9:30am which was a bit early to get a ride for the North Main BBQ which opened at 11am so I hung around in the airport for an hour catching up on emails and checking out the Hoop and such and caught an Uber ride over there getting to the place like 10:40am. Still being a bit early I just went for a walk up and down the block checking things out getting back a few minutes before 11am. Just at opening time a guy pulls in and we walk in together.

He has asked if I had ever been there before and he saw my Packer shirt and such and told the guy no that I had just flown in for the game and was told this was a good place to stop in to eat. He let me go first and was the first customer of the day for the place and shared on what was good and such. We sat and talked a bit and he asked how I got there and I told him Uber. He then told me he lived like 5 minutes away from the stadium and offered to drive me down there and drop me off near by where I was going to meet a tailgate group. So it was awesome to meet this guy named Rick and then have him drive me down to the game out of the kindness of his heart saving an Uber trip. After the game I walked for quite aways out of the busy area and went to an Olive garden and sat outside and booked an Uber back to the airport for like $45 and was away from the busy traffic so it worked out well :suds:

The food was great as well so thanks for the tip! I sent pics back home saying I was eating the best ribs in the worl for lunch that day! The pic I took of the place was when I first got there early when nobody else was there yet parked in the parking lot!

View attachment 219019

View attachment 219020
The ribs joint was recommended by I think @PDay8810 . Looks good and glad it worked out for you :thumb:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 219019

View attachment 219020

Glad you had a chance to stop in for the ribs. Awesome story with the ride to the game.
It's not as common as it once was but it's nice to hear some still have that Texas hospitality.

Thanks for sharing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats need to play some teams with decent QBs and offenses before we anoint them. I think they are playing great but they really are playing some crappy offenses. I want to see more.

They're going to be fine.

Being as dominant as they have been against lesser teams doesn't mean they will shit the bed when they play a good one. Consider these games practice for what lies ahead.

They have some athletes back there. Collins and Van Noy are extremely impressive. Deep and smart backfield.

They are pressuring and sacking QBs, against some O lines that are better than their own.

If they aren't the best (as I believe they are), they are in the conversation.

49ers looked good last week (and other games too). Bears not so much. Seattle? Ravens? Bills?

Pats D has just been good all year, solid, and I expect it to continue, if not to the level it's at now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats need to play some teams with decent QBs and offenses before we anoint them. I think they are playing great but they really are playing some crappy offenses. I want to see more.

It's so refreshing to witness a Patriot fan who is realistic... A Pat fan yesterday was telling me that they are as good as the Seahawks defense from '13-'15.... No question, they're a very good defense but not as good as the hawks defense was... Not yet, at least...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so refreshing to witness a Patriot fan who is realistic... A Pat fan yesterday was telling me that they are as good as the Seahawks defense from '13-'15.... No question, they're a very good defense but not as good as the hawks defense was... Not yet, at least...

Wierd the Seahawks aren't even mentioned. Talk about being real.
Here's How Patriots Compare To Best Defenses In NFL History Through Six Games

2013 arguably the Hawks best year they still show up number 4 and their numbers through 6 games are not even close to what NE is doing. Sure NE has to maintain it for another 10 games. Can they? That's still to be seen but to claim NE isn't as good thru 6 games is wrong.
Ranking the 10 best defenses of the Super Bowl era.

Not sure why you want to include 14/15? Hawks were 3-3 after six games in 2014 and 2-4 in 2015?

This is reality. NE is 6-0 none of the afermentioned Hawk teams started 6-0 the best start was 13 when they were 5-1.

Not sure about you but I'll take Ws over stats any day. Granted the crazy stats NE are putting up is icing on the cake.

NE is playing who's on their schedule. After next week the schedule gets tougher so time will tell how good they really are?

Teezy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out more here in the next few weeks, they play the Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Pats defense be better than the Bears defense has been, if they had the Bears offense? Likewise, how much better does the Bears defense look, if they have the Pats offense as their other half?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wierd the Seahawks aren't even mentioned. Talk about being real.
Here's How Patriots Compare To Best Defenses In NFL History Through Six Games

2013 arguably the Hawks best year they still show up number 4 and their numbers through 6 games are not even close to what NE is doing. Sure NE has to maintain it for another 10 games. Can they? That's still to be seen but to claim NE isn't as good thru 6 games is wrong.
Ranking the 10 best defenses of the Super Bowl era.

Not sure why you want to include 14/15? Hawks were 3-3 after six games in 2014 and 2-4 in 2015?

This is reality. NE is 6-0 none of the afermentioned Hawk teams started 6-0 the best start was 13 when they were 5-1.

Not sure about you but I'll take Ws over stats any day. Granted the crazy stats NE are putting up is icing on the cake.

NE is playing who's on their schedule. After next week the schedule gets tougher so time will tell how good they really are?
Stats alone are not a good argument for what defenses are better than others.
Cowboys defense stat wise a couple years back looked top 5ish. but realistically wasnt close.
They were as good as the offense dictated. Cowboys offense that year dictated the TOP.

Back when Tebow was on the bornoces they were the king of of 3 & outs & that defense was bad ass. have no idea what their stats were, but they were a bad ass defense.

One of the greatest defenses in my opinion was the dome patrol (Saints back in the 80's or early 90's) One of the most awesome defenses to never be rated as one of the best (Although I think they were)
They had one of the most putrid offenses to go with that defense.

So to me it is easy to think despite stats.
Bears is the upper hand here.
Pats are the most professional team (all three phases)
The bears are lacking in other phrases other than the defense.
I know we cant do magic. But put the bears defense coupled with the Pats offense (instead of their own) The pats are even better.

Stats arent everything.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats alone are not a good argument for what defenses are better than others.
Cowboys defense stat wise a couple years back looked top 5ish. but realistically wasnt close.
They were as good as the offense dictated. Cowboys offense that year dictated the TOP.

Back when Tebow was on the bornoces they were the king of of 3 & outs & that defense was bad ass. have no idea what their stats were, but they were a bad ass defense.

One of the greatest defenses in my opinion was the dome patrol (Saints back in the 80's or early 90's) One of the most awesome defenses to never be rated as one of the best (Although I think they were)
They had one of the most putrid offenses to go with that defense.

So to me it is easy to think despite stats.
Bears is the upper hand here.
Pats are the most professional team (all three phases)
The bears are lacking in other phrases other than the defense.
I know we cant do magic. But put the bears defense coupled with the Pats offense (instead of their own) The pats are even better.

Stats arent everything.

Stats aren't everything but they are a qualitive measurement. What else should we use? Eye test? Wins and Losses?

Currently NE wins those three.

Anything else you'd like to add to support your narrative? Feel free to add and discuss.

Stats are what we use to compare in sports. You can add cyber metrics and analytics till you're blue in the face if you want. I personally could care less if Tom Brady throws better on Thursday night, after 8pm, going north to south with his hair in his eyes. But some geeks like that. But the basic stats wins and losses trump all. Add in the common stats like ppg, TOP, penalties, points allowed, turn over diff... for good arguement sake.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats aren't everything but they are a qualitive measurement. What else should we use? Eye test? Wins and Losses?

Currently NE wins those three.

Anything else you'd like to add to support your narrative? Feel free to add and discuss.

Stats are what we use to compare in sports. You can add cyber metrics and analytics till you're blue in the face if you want. I personally could care less if Tom Brady throws better on Thursday night, after 8pm, going north to south with his hair in his eyes. But some geeks like that. But the basic stats wins and losses trump all. Add in the common stats like ppg, TOP, penalties, points allowed, turn over diff... for good arguement sake.
I like some of the things you are pointing out. So dont clump me in with some of the arguments you are having elsewhere.
but when talking defense in a team sport. You logically have to take in how effective the offense is.
If you are to isolate the defense only (& you are old enough) you would know what I am talking about the old Saints defense.
Which is why I brought up the Broncos under Tebow. (for the younger fans)Not as good but geez got to admit what they did as a defense under 3 downs & a cloud of dust offense.

BTW I am not talking shit against the Pats defense. (we are under a salary cap) Which mean We could never put the bears defense with the Pats Offense.
Just saying I fear (defense only) the Bears.
Coaching & total package obviously that is the Patriots.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not yet definitely. but they could be as good or better if it continues through the season and beyond. The Seahawks signature game to me is the SB between Seattle and Denver where they destroyed the best offense in NFL history. The Pats need to continue on that pace.