• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the people saying it's better than Breaking Bad.....

It's possible, but it still has a long way to go for me. Better Call Saul S1 (3.5/5 stars) was just "pretty good" as opposed to being fucking awesome, like S2 and S3 have been thus far. Breaking bad S3-S5 were all 5/5 stars for me. We'll have to see. I will say, I think this show has a lot left in the tank- it's nowhere near wrapping up in my opinion. Here's my rating of all seasons of BB and BCS:

BB

S1: 4.5/5 stars
S2: 4.5/5 stars
S3: 5/5 stars
S4: 5/5 stars
S5: 5/5 stars

OVERALL: 5/5 stars (one of two entire TV series I've given a perfect 5/5 star rating as a series whole)

BCS:

S1: 3.5/5 stars

As you can see, it has a lot of catching up to do.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the people saying it's better than Breaking Bad.....

It's possible, but it still has a long way to go for me. Better Call Saul S1 (3.5/5 stars) was just "pretty good" as opposed to being fucking awesome, like S2 and S3 have been thus far. Breaking bad S3-S5 were all 5/5 stars for me. We'll have to see. I will say, I think this show has a lot left in the tank- it's nowhere near wrapping up in my opinion. Here's my rating of all seasons of BB and BCS:

BB

S1: 4.5/5 stars
S3: 5/5 stars
S4: 5/5 stars
S5: 5/5 stars

OVERALL: 5/5 stars (one of two entire TV series I've given a perfect 5/5 star rating as a series whole)

BCS:

S1: 3.5/5 stars

As you can see, it has a lot of catching up to do.
Thanks for your opinion. Too bad it doesn't mean jack shit to anyone.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens to Chuck now that he absolutely owns Jimmy's balls ? He can't be long for this world, imo.

My guess is that Jimmy puts him on the stand and goes for the jugular.

Jimmy knows that everyone else sees Chuck as this great man of conscience and faith, so his best tactic is to take him down a notch or two. Just flat out expose all his ailments and attack his credibility. The other lawyer will call up friends to support Chuck, but Jimmy can just ask them about his ailments and how they have to act when around him. If he can gain sympathy from Chuck being overbearing, he can win.

If and when he gets Chuck on the stand he can ask him about their mother dying or other events that will paint Chuck as the bad guy. Maybe even put Ernesto on the stand. Maybe something about wrongful termination or that Chuck used Ernesto to get to Jimmy and then fired him. That would not sit well with HHM.

If Jimmy breaks Chuck, could Chuck commit suicide?
Maybe Kim tells him not to put Chuck on the stand, but Jimmy can't help himself and does it anyway.
She leaves him and perhaps that is when Jimmy finally breaks bad?

Great show. Great storytelling. Just as good as BB, but will need a few more seasons to decide if it's better.
Nothing wrong with A1 and A2. Good stuff....

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck's gonna eat a bag of dicks. Figuratively, of course.
Damn, I was hoping you were being literal boo. Igoudala just barely beat out Michael McKean on my infamous "blowjob from a guy" thread

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this battle between Jimmie and Chuck will ultimately lead to Saul Goodman. Eventually, the idea of Jimmie giving up the McGill so Chuck doesn't need to be embarrassed by his actions will come up. Jimmie will legally change his name and he will break all ties to Chuck.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jimmy breaks Chuck, could Chuck commit suicide?
Maybe Kim tells him not to put Chuck on the stand, but Jimmy can't help himself and does it anyway.
She leaves him and perhaps that is when Jimmy finally breaks bad?

I have been pondering Jimmy's "break bad" moment. He is a good guy but man does he do some stupid shit. He hasn't broke bad yet and I was thinking how Kim isn't around when we first see Saul. I think she is gone gone. Sleeping with the daisies. Not sure how it happens but I am thinking it has something to do with Mr. Ehrmantraut. He just can't help himself and Hector has Kim killed or something.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the plan?

Prove Chuck set him up? Would that make a difference?

Burn down the house? Kim would not be a part of that.

Jimmy paid particular attention to the pic of the lantern. Kim got Chuck to admit (confirm) that the tape that was destroyed was just a copy. Not sure what that leads to...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the plan?

Prove Chuck set him up? Would that make a difference?

Burn down the house? Kim would not be a part of that.

Jimmy paid particular attention to the pic of the lantern. Kim got Chuck to admit (confirm) that the tape that was destroyed was just a copy. Not sure what that leads to...

I think they might be going for entrapment, showing his state of mind and that he would be capable of doing it

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Kim gets killed. I'm leaning towards it, but she could also just be a part of the story that was left out of breaking bad. I don't recall Saul referring to her at all in BB. She might just see Jimmy for what he really is and break all ties with him. Chuck is definitely going to be killed though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Kim gets killed. I'm leaning towards it, but she could also just be a part of the story that was left out of breaking bad. I don't recall Saul referring to her at all in BB. She might just see Jimmy for what he really is and break all ties with him. Chuck is definitely going to be killed though.
On Talking Saul after the premiere, they said that we never really saw any of Jimmies private life in BB, so Kim very much could be there.

I don't see her getting killed off. Who would kill her? And I don't think that she will "see Jimmy for who he is". She already knows exactly who he is, and that is what makes her wet for him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Talking Saul after the premiere, they said that we never really saw any of Jimmies private life in BB, so Kim very much could be there.

I don't see her getting killed off. Who would kill her? And I don't think that she will "see Jimmy for who he is". She already knows exactly who he is, and that is what makes her wet for him.
I mean she will ditch him after he really turns the corner to being a "criminal attorney" as Jesse would say. You know, working with murderers and drug dealers.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people will be rarely killed unless it's a flashback or something. This isn't BB, as was stated by the creators over and over again.

Harry Seaword

Hoopla Cash
$ 266.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall Saul referring to her at all in BB.

I think I remember him telling Walter White that his ex wife left him for his brother on the episode when Walt found out Skyler was banging Ted. I could be wrong. I'll have to watch that episode again tonight.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I remember him telling Walter White that his ex wife left him for his brother on the episode when Walt found out Skyler was banging Ted. I could be wrong. I'll have to watch that episode again tonight.

Oh god, I think you're right and my blood immediately started boiling.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they already address that whole story on BCS? I think it was in S1...

Reactions: TJL