• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best way to watch the games this year?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports is the only reason i still have cable. Nothing is better than college football saturdays, CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC, ESPN, ESPN 2, LHN, Big Ten network, Fox sports 1, Fox sports net, and now SEC network. Buy whatever beer you want, grill something, and never leave your house.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you have like a Xbox 360? the ESPN app on it is pretty good.

Yes, I have it read the op. Even so, it doesn't help with blackouts, maybe I'd rather watch the Oregon ducks as opposed to the Kansas jay hawks. Ha

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just sign up for cable for a few months, then drop it. Sacrifice something for a few months. Got to be able to see the games!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just sign up for cable for a few months, then drop it. Sacrifice something for a few months. Got to be able to see the games!

That's what I would do. Basic cable is about $40 a month and he'd get ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports Network, ESPN, and ESPN 2, at the very minimum.

He'll drop $10 at the bar on Saturdays easily and be restricted to the games they're showing.

Cox has a special right now for $29.99/month Basic Cable. I don't know if that's an extended contract (like a year), but if it is just pay the extra (without contract) and shut off cable after the bowl games.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the others.

I have cable and I don't watch anything at all other than football.

Hell I signed into a 2 year contract just so I can watch football.

It's cheap and the quality is good. My Thursdays-Sundays are awesome because of it. YOLO.
^^^^^^^
This plus how can you enjoy football of any kind on a laptop screen?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread makes me feel like I am in the top 3% wealthy percent of america holy shit. Cable isn't expensive, just buy it for the fall....or go to a bar and watch the games (which I'd end up spending more money at the bars in a month than I would if I had just bought cable).

Cable cost is inexpensive when looking at the alternative of watching games in a sportsbar.

Let's look at the numbers in my OP...

"Lite it up" premium sports packages via the cable system...$130 bucks/month...Total for season, let's say $500 bucks/season.

Bar tab/day...$40 bucks/day includes lunch (you'll need it wif the drinking)...$160 bucks/month...Total for season, let's say $650/season.

Not to mention travel time to the bar, raining dayz where your hungover from Fri night debacles, weather issues and cab fares back from the bar scene.

Easy to see cable is cheaper in the long run AND ya get to watch everything from your couch with the refrigerator nearby. Fire warming nearby is hard to beat as well.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you have like a Xbox 360? the ESPN app on it is pretty good.

This, if all you have is interweb access.

My little brother had to use it to watch games that weren't on local digital channels (antenna).

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get cable. I just have a basic package and I get the Big 10 network and the Longhorn network in addition to a lot of Fox Southwest feeds. I'll be buying CBSSN because I want to see Ohio State in week 1 and will likely cancel it when the season is over.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Uverse 200 if it's offered in your neighborhood, DirectTV if it's not. If you are lacking a megatube, spring for a wifi-enabled HD TV. Watch from the comfort of home.

Alternately, if you are favorably regarded at the sports bar within walking distance of your home, go there and convince the staff to tune in the games in which you're interested.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a texico donghorn fan....so you can taste his tears.
tumblr_mxr7mlnaOj1r2ckpzo1_400.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Just use the TV instead. That's why God invented cable & dish. :pound:

No shit Sherlock.

I replied to this statement of yours...

This plus how can you enjoy football of any kind on a laptop screen?

I seriously doubt he was watching football on his laptop screen. He was likely using his laptop to stream to his TV via HDMI. You realize you can do that, right?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit Sherlock.

I replied to this statement of yours...

I seriously doubt he was watching football on his laptop screen. He was likely using his laptop to stream to his TV via HDMI. You realize you can do that, right?
-------
Could very well be what you said....my comments were from the old less is better school. You have a laptop hooked up to a flatscreen and have to rely on Wi-Fi from a router which is hooked to......Too many chances for something to go wrong. Just can't fathom why anyone would go that route regardless of which screen he was watching