• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best run NBA organizations

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cane was talking about teams that have CURRENTLY BEEN among the top 5 of well run teams - Neither the Lakers nor the Mavericks qualify for that. I think he was joking - The only thing Mark Cuban raised the bar is entertainment for us when he was getting into disputes with Stern and he hasn't done anything lately

Dude.

My response was to Smitty. He said LAL and Dallas and he was not joking.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the history of time, no doubt. They are either #1 or #2.

If we are playing by thread rules and supposed to most heavily weigh the last few years, I just can't see a legitimate case for the Lakers there.

They have been great, they probably will again at some point. Maybe even soon.

But based on what we have seen lately they aren't deserving to be ranked among the best run organizations in the league.

Agree.

Even without the AD debacle and injuries and if they were still in the #4 spot in the playoffs, I wouldn't include them. There just isn't a large enough sample size yet to determine how good they may or may not be.

We do know, however, that in the years between Dr. Buss' death and Jeanie kicking Short Buss to the curb, they were very poorly run.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see, but obviously the OP wanted to take a shot at the Lakers, but until Rob and Magic PROVE they suck I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...
They aren't far from proving that - they traded Zubac who I think could have been a good contribution. A little slow to develop, but not the worst mistake Magic has done - The worst was signing 34 year old LeBron who was an injury waiting to happen(boy am I going to get crucified for saying this)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But at the same time, you can't say they are one of the top 5 best run organizations until they prove that as well.
Right now, I think the Lakers are among the worst 5 - and trying to pull their asses out of the skillet

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the Thunder are the best run organization but to be more than relevant for close to a decade in a small market is pretty impressive.
They made too many large mistakes by letting Harden walk, then Tyson Chandler and Durant. If their starting five had been Harden-Westbrook-Durant with a coach to handle the egos - The would have three or four championships now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think he was playing you

You might think that.

But you also thought a second ago I was talking to a completely different person than I actually was.

Smitty is just using different criteria than I am

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might think that.

But you also thought a second ago I was talking to a completely different person than I actually was.

Smitty is just using different criteria than I am
No I didn't, I knew you was talking to him. I just jumped into the conversation. Your understanding is very poor - That simple

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't far from proving that - they traded Zubac who I think could have been a good contribution. A little slow to develop, but not the worst mistake Magic has done -

This was not a mistake. 10-15 years ago, when Zubac could have been at least a very good and possibly all star caliber big, it would have been a mistake.

In today's NBA, his ceiling is a solid backup/spot starter. They traded him for a 3 point shooter who will be a UFA. Had they kept Zubac, he was going to be an RFA and he likely wasn't going to be re-signed. So, they would have lost him and gotten nothing in return. In this case, they got a guy who can shoot the 3. They may decide not to keep him, meaning they still lost Zubac for nothing, but at least this way, there's a chance they could have gotten something for him.

The worst was signing 34 year old LeBron who was an injury waiting to happen(boy am I going to get crucified for saying this)

lol

You should be crucified for it.

First of all, when you have a chance to sign a player like Lebron, when he is still at worst a top 3 player in the league...you do it.

Also, he had zero injury history, so you can't exactly say that he was an "injury waiting to happen".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cane was talking about teams that have CURRENTLY BEEN among the top 5 of well run teams - Neither the Lakers nor the Mavericks qualify for that. I think he was joking - The only thing Mark Cuban raised the bar is entertainment for us when he was getting into disputes with Stern and he hasn't done anything lately

Are you sure it is my understanding that is poor?

Because this is your post. Saying "he was joking" after directly mentioning Cane. To anyone who speaks English, that means you are saying Cane was joking. Because you never mentioned Smitty in this post.

And if in this post you meant that Smitty was joking, then it is your writing that was poor. Not my understanding.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was not a mistake. 10-15 years ago, when Zubac could have been at least a very good and possibly all star caliber big, it would have been a mistake.

In today's NBA, his ceiling is a solid backup/spot starter. They traded him for a 3 point shooter who will be a UFA. Had they kept Zubac, he was going to be an RFA and he likely wasn't going to be re-signed. So, they would have lost him and gotten nothing in return. In this case, they got a guy who can shoot the 3. They may decide not to keep him, meaning they still lost Zubac for nothing, but at least this way, there's a chance they could have gotten something for him.

lol

You should be crucified for it.

First of all, when you have a chance to sign a player like Lebron, when he is still at worst a top 3 player in the league...you do it.

Also, he had zero injury history, so you can't exactly say that he was an "injury waiting to happen".
He was 34 years old - I really shouldn't have to say any more - but in case you haven't noticed - that's the history for the Lakers - Steve Nash - comes to the Lakers - gets injured. Vlade Divac - came back to the Lakers - got injured. When players are that old - they don't have that many years left and there very few that can hold up at that age to the game. I am talking about players that work hard at their craft and give it everything. Losers like Carmelo Anthony will never play hard enough to tweek a little toe.

I still think a big in the center and has some skills to defend is a good thing - Brook Lopez is big and he is a good player, but I agree that the age of the big centers like Shaq and Kareem are gone. Zubac wasn't the biggest mistake though and I am happy for him getting his shot with the Clippers. That trade by the way didn't do the Lakers any good whatsoever - I am beginning to think the Lakers should have called Alex Caruso to the Lakers a few months ago - It appears that he just shot his way into the NBA - If the Lakers do not offer him a contract - Some one will

In case you haven't noticed, but I am not a big fan of signing aging superstars well over 30. I think the shut off age would be about 30 or 31 for me. But I suppose the Lakers had to take that chance and there is still time for it to payoff, but I agree with LeBron - this summer is going to be critical for the Lakers. If they can't get another free agent - then LeBron and the Lakers need to coordinate a trade that moves LeBron to a team for him and the Lakers can get back to rebuilding with their youth

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 34 years old - I really shouldn't have to say any more - but in case you haven't noticed - that's the history for the Lakers - Steve Nash - comes to the Lakers - gets injured.

Steve Nash was already having back issues and it wasn't even his back that caused the problem when he was with the Lakers. It was a freak leg injury.

Lebron had never had an injury issue. In fact, everyone has always marveled at how healthy he's been.

Vlade Divac - came back to the Lakers - got injured. When players are that old

Really? Vlade was drafted by the Lakers in 1989. He played 82 games in each of his first 2 seasons. He suffered an injury in his 3rd season and only played in 36 games. Outside of that one season, he never played fewer than 79 games in his 7 years on the team.

Not even reading the rest of your post after that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash was already having back issues and it wasn't even his back that caused the problem when he was with the Lakers. It was a freak leg injury.

Lebron had never had an injury issue. In fact, everyone has always marveled at how healthy he's been.

Really? Vlade was drafted by the Lakers in 1989. He played 82 games in each of his first 2 seasons. He suffered an injury in his 3rd season and only played in 36 games. Outside of that one season, he never played fewer than 79 games in his 7 years on the team.

Not even reading the rest of your post after that.
Yes, Steve Nash had chronic back problems, but could play, but so could Divac when his back went out. NO INJURY HISTORY does not mean no risk, we saw that with LeBron. I was afraid he would he get hurt and he did. I'm just not a fan of building around old ones like we did with Malone

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

My response was to Smitty. He said LAL and Dallas and he was not joking.
tenor.gif

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 non-playoff seasons in the entire franchise history
Won at least 47 games in 29 of the last 30 seasons
Won at least 50 games in 25 of the last 30 seasons
Won at least 55 games in 20 of the last 30 seasons
With almost zero drama excepting the Kawhi Leonard stuff

2nd best organization
3rd best organization

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the history of time, no doubt. They are either #1 or #2.

If we are playing by thread rules and supposed to most heavily weigh the last few years, I just can't see a legitimate case for the Lakers there.

They have been great, they probably will again at some point. Maybe even soon.

But based on what we have seen lately they aren't deserving to be ranked among the best run organizations in the league.
This is a troll thread.

It only exists to be anti Lakers.

Getting LeBron to be a Laker is enough for my Top 5. We've all seen that doing that is enough to win a ring.

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to the Mavs.

Cubes raised the bar.

Lakers are the Lakers and they have the best player on their team under contract for next year. They also make my list. If your best player might not be your best player next year, well, you still might be in my top 5, but only if you will/do play near a large bay. Or Harbor. Harbors are good. Smart to be near one. Teams love losing trades to teams near harbors. Danny Ainge knows this.

Obviously San Antonio as well.

That's Five.
If I could read this gibberish, I may or may not agree with you.