• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best run NBA organizations

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the Thunder are the best run organization but to be more than relevant for close to a decade in a small market is pretty impressive.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really good list.

All these teams have made the most of what they have had to establish winning cultures over the course of time. And most don't have big market advantages either.

I think the next tier might look something like this:

Milwaukee- haven't yet had playoff success, but that may be coming
Indiana- consistently good
Denver- trending up with young talent
Portland- always seems to beat expectations
Philly- tanking days are past. Deserve some penalty for that, but will probably be relevant for the next 6-8 years
Like his list....and yours. Boston might be a bit overrated, though, IMO (though still should be in there for now). Seems like they have had all of the Nets picks the last few years and the Nets are not far behind them with a future that looks as bright.

I'll be biased and include the Cavs as a possible, but we wont know until we see what they become by the 2020-21 season. If for no other reason than they have the #1 criteria I want in ownership.....An obscene will to win and willingness to spend.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can't be on this list. Their front office was literally listed as one of the most toxic work environments in America because of their organizational culture a couple years ago. That is a big part of what makes a good organization.

Lakers? Cmon man. Yeah, they are the Lakers, but until they at least get back in the playoffs for 3+ years they can't be on this list either. All the teams @HurricaneDij39 listed are in the midst of impressive runs. Most are small market teams which makes it even harder to sustain success.

The Lakers have THE market and they still have done poorly the last 6-7 years. That is evidence of a poor organization. Maybe Magic and Pelinka can turn it around, but they sure haven't managed to do that yet.
Im sticking with my 5.

They have been winners, they will be winners again.

evilone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Heat fans I know think Spo is a great coach. I agree with them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see, but obviously the OP wanted to take a shot at the Lakers, but until Rob and Magic PROVE they suck I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...

Now who would ever take shots @ the Lakers? Can't recall seeing that happen before.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like his list....and yours. Boston might be a bit overrated, though, IMO (though still should be in there for now). Seems like they have had all of the Nets picks the last few years and the Nets are not far behind them with a future that looks as bright.

I'll be biased and include the Cavs as a possible, but we wont know until we see what they become by the 2020-21 season. If for no other reason than they have the #1 criteria I want in ownership.....An obscene will to win and willingness to spend.

Speaking of the Celtics I don't know what's been wrong w/ them all season long. I'm blaming Kyrie. But I don't see them fixing their issues in time to make a deep run in the playoffs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see, but obviously the OP wanted to take a shot at the Lakers, but until Rob and Magic PROVE they suck I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...
All this thread was, was a shot at the Lakers.

I dont personally think Magic helps, other than he's Magic and everybody loves it when he smiles. But like I said, the Lakers are the Lakers. If some franchise that's never won a damn thing wants to be considered better at anything, by me, I suggest they start winning. Other people can appreciate other things, Im looking at organizations that have won and will again.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think many coaches could have won 2 championships when they were a superteam. How many coaches do you think could have won as many games with what Spo has had to work with the last 4 or 5 seasons?

Much like Lebron.

He gets a black mark for losing to that ridiculously inferior mavs team

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the Thunder are the best run organization but to be more than relevant for close to a decade in a small market is pretty impressive.
Not impressive is dealing a future MVP and having another walk.

Also, the not winning part.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Celtics I don't know what's been wrong w/ them all season long. I'm blaming Kyrie. But I don't see them fixing their issues in time to make a deep run in the playoffs.
at least they've showed lately they can beat Indiana, their 1st round opponent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sticking with my 5.

They have been winners, they will be winners again.

Over the history of time, no doubt. They are either #1 or #2.

If we are playing by thread rules and supposed to most heavily weigh the last few years, I just can't see a legitimate case for the Lakers there.

They have been great, they probably will again at some point. Maybe even soon.

But based on what we have seen lately they aren't deserving to be ranked among the best run organizations in the league.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impressive is dealing a future MVP and having another walk.

Also, the not winning part.

Drafting 3 straight MVPs when you didn’t have first shot at ANY of them might outweigh a little of that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can't be on this list. Their front office was literally listed as one of the most toxic work environments in America because of their organizational culture a couple years ago. That is a big part of what makes a good organization.

Lakers? Cmon man. Yeah, they are the Lakers, but until they at least get back in the playoffs for 3+ years they can't be on this list either. All the teams @HurricaneDij39 listed are in the midst of impressive runs. Most are small market teams which makes it even harder to sustain success.

The Lakers have THE market and they still have done poorly the last 6-7 years. That is evidence of a poor organization. Maybe Magic and Pelinka can turn it around, but they sure haven't managed to do that yet.
You do realize that He was joking don't you - It's really tough to know when he is being serious - but....:lol:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list would be:

San Antonio
Golden State
Boston
Toronto
New Jersey (GM & Coach)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that He was joking don't you - It's really tough to know when he is being serious - but....:lol:

You do realize that he most defintely was not joking, right?

Lakers are 1 or 2 for the duration of franchise history. That is what Smitty is talking about.

Also not what the tread was created for.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. But at the same time, you can't say they are one of the top 5 best run organizations until they prove that as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that he most defintely was not joking, right?

Lakers are 1 or 2 for the duration of franchise history. That is what Smitty is talking about.

Also not what the tread was created for.
I think Cane was talking about teams that have CURRENTLY BEEN among the top 5 of well run teams - Neither the Lakers nor the Mavericks qualify for that. I think he was joking - The only thing Mark Cuban raised the bar is entertainment for us when he was getting into disputes with Stern and he hasn't done anything lately