• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best QB you have ever seen play football

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chrissy Simms!

Troll post alert...
Troll post alert...

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he's 0-1 vs. Luck :laugh3:

And the 0-1 came from Rodgers defense not Rodgers. If you remember right Rodgers offense was up by how many in that game at the half? Rodgers has the unfortunate luck of having a sub par defense that can't hold a lead, case in point the SF game last Sunday. Get a clue. How is that 4 million a year overpaid olb doing for you?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the 0-1 came from Rodgers defense not Rodgers. If you remember right Rodgers offense was up by how many in that game at the half? Rodgers has the unfortunate luck of having a sub par defense that can't hold a lead, case in point the SF game last Sunday. Get a clue. How is that 4 million a year overpaid olb doing for you?

Besides being outplayed by a rookie, Rodgers had multiple oppurtunities to put Luck away and couldn't do it. That's what separates Luck from Rodgers. Luck is clutch, Rodgers isn't.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is.was gonna be my list.

Montana is still #1 and IF Brady had won those 2 SB's against the Giants he would be #1 but he did not.

The debate between Brady and Manning is basically personal preference. Brady fans will argue for Brady and Manning fans for Manning. They are both excellent QB's. Anyone who even came close to mentioning Favre or Elway in the same sentence with all of the above names has 0 clue.

To even suggest that Brady and Manning are not 2 or 2A is ludicrous. To say one is better then the other is also ludicrous.
Elway and Favre can't be mentioned with Steve Young?????........gimme a break.

Steve Young played great for a very short amount of time. He went from blowing in Tampa for 2yrs to holding a clip board for the next 3 in San Fran. Montana got injured in the preseason 1991. Young got his chance....went 4-4 and got injured. Enter Steve Bono who went 5-1 as a starter and kept the starting job up until he got hurt. The only reason Young played again that season was because Bono got hurt.

Young started all 16 games only 3x and 15 games 2x out of the nine years he was considered the starter for San Fran.

Great QB but couldn't stay healthy and didn't do it long enough to be givin' the nod over either Elway or Favre.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to put Rodger's and Luck's clutchness into perspective, Luck has played 70 less games than Rodgers and has one less game-winning drive.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to put Rodger's and Luck's clutchness into perspective, Luck has played 70 less games than Rodgers and has one less game-winning drive.
You'd have a point if both had the same amount of chances. The above just shows that Indy plays from behind more often than G.B.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Rodgers threw 20+ interceptions and completed only 55% of passes, i'm sure he'd have a lot more chances to come from behind.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staubach, great football moves and style; Marino, great throws under pressure; Drew Bledsoe, led the Pats out of a prolonged misery with Big Tuna and Brady <-- homer pick.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a small child the first QB I ever saw who impressed me was Johnny Unitas. The dude was a real man. He would do whatever needed to be done to win.

And he faked injuries - faked like he wasn't hurt because he wanted to play so badly!

He never wore a skirt and was a real QB cast from the old mold. Tough. Great. A winner. Would settle for nothing less than a win.

He remains the one guy I think of when people start talking about the GOAT QB.

1dummydog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Ward. Of course I'm a much bigger college fan than the pros.

Nipsey

Bingo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to put Manning's clutchness into perspective, he's had more one-and-dones than any QB in NFL history. Oh, hey Manning2Luck-n-Irish! :laugh3:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just to put Manning's clutchness into perspective, he's had more one-and-dones than any QB in NFL history. Oh, hey Manning2Luck-n-Irish! :laugh3:

This is why he's in my top 4 of all time, but he's not the greatest of all time. He had the best team in football in 2005, but he absolutely choked against the Steelers. He was overthrowing guys by 5 to 10 yards.

Of course if you have a HOF caliber QB with an amazing WR corps he's going to consistently put up pro bowl caliber regular seasons; but if he blows it in the playoffs it's all for naught. That's why I give Ben Roethlisberger & Eli Manning a lot more credit than most people.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro: Steve Young

College: Kellen Moore or Troy Aikman.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his best, Peyton Manning for sure.

However, it's hard to deny that he's not exactly the same in the playoffs. Although, I'm not at all a critic.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pro: Steve Young

Well, Steve Young was by far the most efficient QB who ever played (against the average). His star burned the brightest but the shortest. Steve Young's biggest obstacle to greatness was Joe Montana, and Joe Montana's biggest obstacle to even more greatness was Steve Young. They both screwed each other's legacy.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Steve Young was by far the most efficient QB who ever played (against the average). His star burned the brightest but the shortest. Steve Young's biggest obstacle to greatness was Joe Montana, and Joe Montana's biggest obstacle to even more greatness was Steve Young. They both screwed each other's legacy.

I don't think Joe has to worry about his legacy. Hell, he has a town named after him...

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them today. Passing is too easy. Philip Rivers has a top 5 QB Rating of all-time LOL.

Pure passer, it is Marino. But unfortunately, most people here are either A) not old enough to have seen him in his prime, B) too much of a homer of either the Colts, Broncos, Patriots or Packers to admit it, or C) all of the above.

Montana and Elway are really close as well.

Since 2000, I would give it to Manning. If he had as strong of an arm as some of the others (which is something you are born with), then he would probably be number 1 in my book.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Rodgers being too early in his career to judge. He has played 5 full years and put up unbelievable numbers in 4 of them. If he does the same again for the next 5, I would put him right there with Manning.

But Favre won 3 straight MVPs in part of his first 5 full years. After that, he tailed off quite a bit although he was still very good. There is no predicting Rodgers next 5 years until we see it.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them today. Passing is too easy. Philip Rivers has a top 5 QB Rating of all-time LOL.

Pure passer, it is Marino. But unfortunately, most people here are either A) not old enough to have seen him in his prime, B) too much of a homer of either the Colts, Broncos, Patriots or Packers to admit it, or C) all of the above.

Montana and Elway are really close as well.

Since 2000, I would give it to Manning. If he had as strong of an arm as some of the others (which is something you are born with), then he would probably be number 1 in my book.

I'm with you in that Marino doesn't get nearly enough appreciation but I actually think Elway gets too much appreciation simply due to how he finished his career. He deserves to be in the HOF for his career, but I don't consider him anywhere near a top 10 guy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no special order some QBs that I thought were maybe the best.

J. Unitas The general pre Manning
P. Manning
Fran Trakenton Great QB , to bad OCs back then had no clue how to use him. Love watching him play. Ahead of his time I think.
R. Staubach
J Montana