• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Program of All Time

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said nothing of the kind. I simply pointed out that rating systems created by fans of the team that they rate are "best" are suspect. I also laugh at Alabama fans who are no emphasising "AP Poll" when for years we were told "Got 12" If you want to address what I say, feel free, don't just act like your under attack because I'm pointing out facts you don't like.

I thought i did say so, maybe i was mistaken though, so let me make it more clear so you will understand.

Just because you dont like the way titles were awarded(probably before you were born) does not mean they are not able to be claimed by the school.

As for your perception of every Bama fan you have ever met and mine, I would say I have met way more, and the majority of the ones i have met use the AP and BCS as their measure. But I will include the titles where Alabama won the Rose Bowl prior to 1936, when the AP came into existence, as that was usually the DeFacto winner of the title for those years. that is how many Bama fans come to their numbers and your opinion of the way it was decided prior to 1936 does not make the titles any less legit. And thats a fact.

And lastly i laugh at you for blasting Bama fans for claiming titles they clearly won in some form or another, but Claim titles for Bucknuts U that they didnt:laugh3:

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you have #1?

I'd put Notre Dame #1.

According to the NCAA, they have more titles than Alabama, even though Alabama claims more. It was pointed out earlier by someone else that people get dazzled by the claimed titles, and they are right.

Not that "titles" means squat to me in all-time ratings. "Titles" are very subjective and iffy in a lot of respect, but I bring that up because people think Alabama has more titles because they claim more.

So, Notre Dame has more wins all-time, a higher winning percentage, played tougher teams, has more titles, beat way more top 10 teams and beat more ranked teams. If it comes down to those two programs, I don't see how you can not choose Notre Dame. Alabama is gaining quickly, though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to give credit to the Sooners as distasteful as it sounds.

They had to play NEBRASKA every year in conference....then they played TEXAS out of conference

That is two teams that both sit in the top 5 of all time wins.

Nobody has the elite level rivals that OU had historically.

The Sooner might have more than 7 titles if they could have skipped NU or UT once in a while.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought i did say so, maybe i was mistaken though, so let me make it more clear so you will understand.

Just because you dont like the way titles were awarded(probably before you were born) does not mean they are not able to be claimed by the school.

As for your perception of every Bama fan you have ever met and mine, I would say I have met way more, and the majority of the ones i have met use the AP and BCS as their measure. But I will include the titles where Alabama won the Rose Bowl prior to 1936, when the AP came into existence, as that was usually the DeFacto winner of the title for those years. that is how many Bama fans come to their numbers and your opinion of the way it was decided prior to 1936 does not make the titles any less legit. And thats a fact.

And lastly i laugh at you for blasting Bama fans for claiming titles they clearly won in some form or another, but Claim titles for Bucknuts U that they didnt:laugh3:

HELLO??? ARE YOU READING MY POSTS?

I never blasted Alabama, nor Alabama fans for the titles they claim. I not only understand why they claim them, I don't disapprove that they do. Where in the world did you get that notion? Because I pointed out that they do? HELLO!! That's a fact. It's a fact that Alabama claims a lot of titles. They've pointed these out for years. I have no issue with it, but if you're going to compare them to other programs, particularly one like Notre Dame, who doesn't claim them that loosely, you have to take that into account.

Also, that I point out that Alabama has focused for years on "Got 12", and now all I heard is how AP titles is where it's at. Do you think I imagined all this, or have you not been paying attention?

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The site is based in Indiana with no Bama connections that I'm aware of.

The site is NOT based in Indiana. Where'd you get that, wikipedia?

The guys says he's an Alabama fan. Maybe he's a liar, but that's what he says. Unless someone can prove he's not, I'll take his word for it.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO@ Notre Dame has played tougher competition. Of Bama's 1200+ games, over 400 of them have come against teams you'll find in the cfbdatawarehouse all-time top 15. Their record vs the top 15 all-time teams is 249-167-20. Top it if you can.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All time: Oklahoma

Counting down college football's most prestigious programs (1-5) - ESPN

Scout.com: The Greatest Program Of All-Time Is ...

History and Tradition - Oklahoma Sooners

Recent: Alabama by a country mile and will go to #1 if/when they win the NC again this year.

#1A: USC, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame

#1B: LSU, Florida State, Oregon, Florida, Miami

This says it all....

1. Oklahoma Sooners
Total points: 1,968
Positives: When you look at the big picture of college football since 1936, no program has achieved greatness as consistently as Oklahoma. We didn't even count the fact that Oklahoma owns the longest win streak in FBS history (47) or leads the nation with a .765 winning percentage since World War II. The 1956 Oklahoma team catapulted the Sooners past Notre Dame to the top of the Prestige Rankings, and it's been in the top spot ever since. OU's seven national titles have spanned four decades. The Sooners have finished in the final poll's top 5 an astounding 29 times. But the real fuel for OU's rise to the top of our rankings has been its conference dominance. The Sooners finished the regular season with at least a share of their conference's best record a stunning 39 times, seven more than any other program in the country.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELLO??? ARE YOU READING MY POSTS?

I never blasted Alabama, nor Alabama fans for the titles they claim. I not only understand why they claim them, I don't disapprove that they do. Where in the world did you get that notion? Because I pointed out that they do? HELLO!! That's a fact. It's a fact that Alabama claims a lot of titles. They've pointed these out for years. I have no issue with it, but if you're going to compare them to other programs, particularly one like Notre Dame, who doesn't claim them that loosely, you have to take that into account.

Also, that I point out that Alabama has focused for years on "Got 12", and now all I heard is how AP titles is where it's at. Do you think I imagined all this, or have you not been paying attention?

And us pointing out your sample size of Alabama fans versus true Alabama fans who live in Alabama is small in comparison. And so you know, the CFBDatawarehouse site is administered by two people and one is the executive director of Intercollegiate Football Researchers Association, a college football historian, statistician, and author. His name is Tex Noel and he is not affiliated with the University of Alabama in any way, so the site has a bias filter in place if you believe that the two who administer the site go off a system and figures solely.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ these Bama fans getting worked up. You don't get a fucking trophy for being the "all-time best", it is all opinion.

Rustled-my-jimmies.jpg

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The site is NOT based in Indiana. Where'd you get that, wikipedia?

The guys says he's an Alabama fan. Maybe he's a liar, but that's what he says. Unless someone can prove he's not, I'll take his word for it.

College Football Data Warehouse is administered by Tex Noel and David DeLassus. Noel (which is a nom de plume) of Bedford, Indiana is the executive director of Intercollegiate Football Researchers Association, a college football historian, statistician, and author. The site is based out of Indiana. David DeLassus is an Alabama fan but that has no bearing on the way the numbers were crunched since it takes two to make the site run and the numbers are the numbers they researched and entered.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ these Bama fans getting worked up. You don't get a fucking trophy for being the "all-time best", it is all opinion.

Rustled-my-jimmies.jpg

That wasnt the point and no one was claiming hurt feelings, but to make claims of a biased website and not have facts to back it up is ludicrous.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO@ Notre Dame has played tougher competition. Of Bama's 1200+ games, over 400 of them have come against teams you'll find in the cfbdatawarehouse all-time top 15. Their record vs the top 15 all-time teams is 249-167-20. Top it if you can.

First of all, you can never measure an opponent based on their "all-time" measure. That's just nonsense. Was Auburn a top 15 team in 1950 when they failed to win a game? No, they were a bottom scraper. So the fact that they've won a lot of games all-time should never go into any measure.

Second of all, if you're cherry picking, Notre Dame has played way more games against the top 5 programs than Alabama has. Does that automatically make their schedule much harder? Hardly.

However, since the AP/Coaches poll is supposedly where it's at, Notre Dame has played a lot more teams that were ranked in the AP/Coaches poll than Alabama, and WAY more top 10 teams. Notre Dame has also not played the 46 lower division teams Alabama has played since they started measuring divisions. Not to mention that Notre Dame's opponents have a higher winning percentage all-time than Alabama. The difference is clear enough that, being objective, I'll state it as a fact.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football Data Warehouse is administered by Tex Noel and David DeLassus. Noel (which is a nom de plume) of Bedford, Indiana is the executive director of Intercollegiate Football Researchers Association, a college football historian, statistician, and author. The site is based out of Indiana. David DeLassus is an Alabama fan but that has no bearing on the way the numbers were crunched since it takes two to make the site run and the numbers are the numbers they researched and entered.

cfbdatawarehouse is NOT administered by Tex Noel. I know Tex well and Tex doesn't have any clue why wikipedia would list him as an administrator. He had absolutely nothing to do with the rating system and only provided information for DeLassus to use.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, you can never measure an opponent based on their "all-time" measure. That's just nonsense. Was Auburn a top 15 team in 1950 when they failed to win a game? No, they were a bottom scraper. So the fact that they've won a lot of games all-time should never go into any measure.

Second of all, if you're cherry picking, Notre Dame has played way more games against the top 5 programs than Alabama has. Does that automatically make their schedule much harder? Hardly.

However, since the AP/Coaches poll is supposedly where it's at, Notre Dame has played a lot more teams that were ranked in the AP/Coaches poll than Alabama, and WAY more top 10 teams. Notre Dame has also not played the 46 lower division teams Alabama has played since they started measuring divisions. Not to mention that Notre Dame's opponents have a higher winning percentage all-time than Alabama. The difference is clear enough that, being objective, I'll state it as a fact.

All I see is a lot of blabber and no facts. Clearly 1/3 of Bama's all-time games have come against the best 15 programs. I doubt ND even comes close to that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Touting ND as your pick for number 1 and claiming to be objective is a bit of a stretch. Using the CFBDATAWAREHOUSE site and its formula doesnt seem to agree with your perspective based on your claim of its bias, but you cannot prove that bias since the site is run by two people and one clearly is not an Alabama fan and we only have sporadic reports the other one is, but i cant find anything that says it concretely. The difference is negligible in the cases between the top three and no true way to prove one is better than the other, i will go with my team(as an objective person).:whistle:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cfbdatawarehouse is NOT administered by Tex Noel. I know Tex well and Tex doesn't have any clue why wikipedia would list him as an administrator. He had absolutely nothing to do with the rating system and only provided information for DeLassus to use.

Sure you do and my Johnson is 12 inches and I own an island stocked with horny college girls.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touting ND as your pick for number 1 and claiming to be objective is a bit of a stretch. Using the CFBDATAWAREHOUSE site and its formula doesnt seem to agree with your perspective based on your claim of its bias, but you cannot prove that bias since the site is run by two people and one clearly is not an Alabama fan and we only have sporadic reports the other one is, but i cant find anything that says it concretely. The difference is negligible in the cases between the top three and no true way to prove one is better than the other, i will go with my team(as an objective person).:whistle:

Your logic fails. I arrived at ND at #1 based on objective measures. If I were a Notre Dame fan instead of a hater, but as such your point is as ludicrous as your conclusions based on wikipedia articles that are pure fiction.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic fails. I arrived at ND at #1 based on objective measures. If I were a Notre Dame fan instead of a hater, but as such your point is as ludicrous as your conclusions based on wikipedia articles that are pure fiction.

And when you go to CFBDW site everything Noel is involved with is linked from the site, but he is not involved with the site...right. This even includes touting his book and the other websites noel is involved with.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 22% of Notre Dame's 1200+ lifetime games have come against the top 15. 35% of Bama's lifetime schedule has come against the top 15. Tell me again Lunchbox how ND has played a tougher schedule.