• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best part of the Harbaugh Era...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh wants more control and York wont give it to him. Baalke knows what he is doing so let Baalke do his thing and Harbaugh should worry about coaching.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh wants more control and York wont give it to him. Baalke knows what he is doing so let Baalke do his thing and Harbaugh should worry about coaching.

Control over what exactly?

it may be a factor, but not a big factor. From everything we've read to date, nothing came on strong about him wanting control?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we lose Harbaugh and Kap continues to regress, we are on a one way ticket back to the Nolan and Singletary era.

It's going to suck.

They need to look at the tape of the games from last year when Kap was playing very well (Packers games and New England games come to mind) and let him do his think, regardless of if he's going to get hit someday.
I didn't think Kap played as risky as RGIII even when they let him run, and he does have the habit of sliding and going out of bounds.

I'm also thinking that a miraculous win this week against Seattle would instantaneously fix everything for a while, and put us back into the race a bit more. That and a Rams win over Arizona.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Control over what exactly?

it may be a factor, but not a big factor. From everything we've read to date, nothing came on strong about him wanting control?

He wants more power. Thats why Raiders is a good fit. He would have most control of the team

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants more power. Thats why Raiders is a good fit. He would have most control of the team

Maybe he wants more say on personnel. Harbaugh is Type A and so is Baalke. I just think it got to a point of no return.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe he wants more say on personnel. Harbaugh is Type A and so is Baalke. I just think it got to a point of no return.

How does Harbaugh get more "say on personnel"? What does this mean really, how do you measure 'more'?

Ideally........IDEALLY, these two would work closely together, we all know that. But since in this case we know there's 'friction', can they truly share in personnel decisions?

Someone has to have the last say, and that is the GM. The HC can input all he wants and the GM should listen first, but in the end the HC accepts what the GM decides. The Owner monitors the GM and if enough bad decisions are made, then the GM is fired.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Harbaugh and Kap continues to regress, we are on a one way ticket back to the Nolan and Singletary era.

It's going to suck.

They need to look at the tape of the games from last year when Kap was playing very well (Packers games and New England games come to mind) and let him do his think, regardless of if he's going to get hit someday.
I didn't think Kap played as risky as RGIII even when they let him run, and he does have the habit of sliding and going out of bounds.

I'm also thinking that a miraculous win this week against Seattle would instantaneously fix everything for a while, and put us back into the race a bit more. That and a Rams win over Arizona.

Even if we somehow beat Seattle, it would still take a miracle for us to make the playoffs. That said, playing well in these last few games can do wonders for this team's confidence heading into next year. My first reaction after we lost last week was that the Niners would be better off losing their remaining games; however, the more I think about it, the more I would just like to see them play well and win even if it means we drop in the draft. We must avoid falling into the culture of losing like we did last decade.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As intense as Harbaugh is, I could easily see him burning out if he assumed some or all of the GM duties while also being the head coach.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As intense as Harbaugh is, I could easily see him burning out if he assumed some or all of the GM duties while also being the head coach.

Bad idea. If I was an owner, would not do it. In today's NFL with the Salary Cap and Unrestricted Free Agency, too much for one person to handle.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Holmgren tried that when he first took over the Seahawks. It didn't work and eventually they hired a GM.
Pete was totally involved with the GM search for Seattle so he had some say in the hiring of Schneider.
I think if Harbaugh got the same opportunity of being involved with hiring the GM, at least he would get someone he could work with.

The best part of these seasons with Harbaugh is the rivalry between the two coaches and teams made our games must see primetime games. And I will always love his on feild antics. I am so tired of emotionless stiffs trying to pretend they have everything under control.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Holmgren tried that when he first took over the Seahawks. It didn't work and eventually they hired a GM.
Pete was totally involved with the GM search for Seattle so he had some say in the hiring of Schneider.
I think if Harbaugh got the same opportunity of being involved with hiring the GM, at least he would get someone he could work with.

The best part of these seasons with Harbaugh is the rivalry between the two coaches and teams made our games must see primetime games. And I will always love his on feild antics. I am so tired of emotionless stiffs trying to pretend they have everything under control.

I remember that. I don't think it worked very well for Holmgren. Bill Walsh was able to assume alot of those duties with success (he also had John Mcvay) but that was pre salary cap and free agency. In this era there is just too much involved too assume both duties.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing would be if after this year they offered him a contract extension. All this media news and rumors were pointless and false. All this debating pointless. We just have to wait and see I guess.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing would be if after this year they offered him a contract extension. All this media news and rumors were pointless and false. All this debating pointless. We just have to wait and see I guess.

I would be very surprised if that happens. I also read (rumors) that mgmt is going to insist on changes in the offensive coaching staff. Even if there was the possibility for Harbaugh to stay, not sure he would agree to coaching staff changes

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very surprised if that happens. I also read (rumors) that mgmt is going to insist on changes in the offensive coaching staff. Even if there was the possibility for Harbaugh to stay, not sure he would agree to coaching staff changes

Harbaugh is very loyal to his coaches and I too think that his refusal to make changes will cause his departure after this season. I just can't see him staying with Roman remaining as OC. I don't think the front office will agree to that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is very loyal to his coaches and I too think that his refusal to make changes will cause his departure after this season. I just can't see him staying with Roman remaining as OC. I don't think the front office will agree to that.

Interesting you mentioned that. It has been mentioned alot. Check out this though I came accross last month in a story about Harbaugh.

At Stanford, Harbaugh stripped current Cardinal head coach David Shaw of responsibility for the offense, parted ways with a friend and former player who had attended his wedding and even fired some of the defensive staff after Stanford's first winning season in eight years -- cruel moves or necessary but unpopular decisions, depending on how you look at it. "I don't think he has any empathy," the ex-employee says. "He has no way of putting himself in someone else's shoes. It's a strength and weakness. He just says, 'I've gotta move on with my life.'"

San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh thrives in chaos and difficulty - ESPN

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you mentioned that. It has been mentioned alot. Check out this though I came accross last month in a story about Harbaugh.

At Stanford, Harbaugh stripped current Cardinal head coach David Shaw of responsibility for the offense, parted ways with a friend and former player who had attended his wedding and even fired some of the defensive staff after Stanford's first winning season in eight years -- cruel moves or necessary but unpopular decisions, depending on how you look at it. "I don't think he has any empathy," the ex-employee says. "He has no way of putting himself in someone else's shoes. It's a strength and weakness. He just says, 'I've gotta move on with my life.'"

San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh thrives in chaos and difficulty - ESPN

Nice post

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm surprised that Roman is still the OC based on reading your post.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Roman is still the OC based on reading your post.

The thing is though I dont know the situation at Stanford. Maybe these coaches were not his guys and it was easier for him to dump them. Roman is his guy.