• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchups for week 7

who ya got?

• Total voters

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
discuss

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Raiders/Chargers game because of it being a divisional game that really decides who is the one team that can still compete with the Broncos for the division.

The Jets/Patriots game though is probably the one that will get the most attention. I honestly would say if there is a team left on the Patriots schedule that can give them fits in the regular season it is the Jets. They have a run game that can keep that high powered Patriots offense on the sideline and can attack the biggest weakness on the defense in the DL. Defensively the Jets are one of the few teams that I think can line up man to man and somewhat contain that Patriot offense. We shall see though. I would also say the biggest advantage the Jets have is they have some amazing players up the middle that can actually get pressure right in Brady's face. That seems to be how to beat these pocket passers is get somebody in their face and hope they make a mistake.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Jets/Pats should be interesting. Jets have played surprisingly well and this might be the game that defines that team this season. If the Jets can walk into Foxboro and win, might have a new division in this game.

I also like Seattle/San Fran. If San Fran beats Seattle, I think Hawks fans are rightful to be downright worried if Seattle goes 2-5.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Jets/Pats should be interesting. Jets have played surprisingly well and this might be the game that defines that team this season. If the Jets can walk into Foxboro and win, might have a new division in this game.

I also like Seattle/San Fran. If San Fran beats Seattle, I think Hawks fans are rightful to be downright worried if Seattle goes 2-5.

I would say worried is what most Seahawks fans should be right now. If the 49ers win then I think that should go into full on panic mode. I mean that would be 0-2 in the division with both losses being against the teams most thought would be the bottom 2 of the division. When you throw in the 49ers by many being talked about for the 1st pick in the draft and being lucky to win 6 games I would say that would be a huge sign that the Seahawks have major issues.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say worried is what most Seahawks fans should be right now. If the 49ers win then I think that should go into full on panic mode. I mean that would be 0-2 in the division with both losses being against the teams most thought would be the bottom 2 of the division. When you throw in the 49ers by many being talked about for the 1st pick in the draft and being lucky to win 6 games I would say that would be a huge sign that the Seahawks have major issues.

Yep, pretty spot on assessment. I'm not ready to give up on Seattle's playoff contentions yet, but a loss this week would certainly have me throw up my arms in disgust and write them off for the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up on them either. Right now the final Wild Card spot is occupied by the Vikings sitting at 3-2. When you throw in Arizona only being up by 2 games with plenty of football left to play the Seahawks are definitely not out of it and wouldn't even be with a loss this week. I think the mental blow a loss this Thursday would be though is why I would write them off after this week.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All four interesting. The Carolina/ Philly game is just the kind of game Philly wins- kind of like the Jets earlier in the year. I will definitely be a big Panther fan in that one. Giants/Boys- interesting to see the new look Cowboys. Unfortunately I don't think there is any chance the Giants put up the same pitiful effort they did last night. Being a Cowboy fan , I pay most attention to the NFC. The Seattle / SF game is huge for both teams. KAp has looked better lately. SF is obviously rebuilding some, but Seattle needs this one extremely bad

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two jumped off the list for me.

NYJ @ NE...I'm not expecting the Jet to win this game in Foxborough. The Jets D is no joke, Brady is going to take some hits...I think we find out more about the Jets.

PHI @ CAR...a clash of contrasting styles...CAR wants to play smash mouth, with a bit of read option and playaction pass...Eagles want to go up and down fast pace...I like the Panthers in this one.

PIT @ KC...of course I'm a homer too...the game had a lot more pizazzz in Sept than it does now, but for PIT...it has some extra meaning...right now they are ahead of BUF for the 6th seed...a win, they keep or increase it depending on what BUF does...a loss and BUF win...tied...I know way early, but...you gotta watch this stuff.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Raiders/Chargers game because of it being a divisional game that really decides who is the one team that can still compete with the Broncos for the division.

The Jets/Patriots game though is probably the one that will get the most attention. I honestly would say if there is a team left on the Patriots schedule that can give them fits in the regular season it is the Jets. They have a run game that can keep that high powered Patriots offense on the sideline and can attack the biggest weakness on the defense in the DL. Defensively the Jets are one of the few teams that I think can line up man to man and somewhat contain that Patriot offense. We shall see though. I would also say the biggest advantage the Jets have is they have some amazing players up the middle that can actually get pressure right in Brady's face. That seems to be how to beat these pocket passers is get somebody in their face and hope they make a mistake.
........should be a great game,......but we always gave QB/Fitzgerald fits when he played for Buffalo.,....curious what the spread will be here, if this was played at the Meadowlands this week I'd be a lil' more worried (with our injuries),..I think we win by 7,regardless.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.......better hide the butter-knives if you guys go 2-5,.........I see you winning this one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, pretty spot on assessment. I'm not ready to give up on Seattle's playoff contentions yet, but a loss this week would certainly have me throw up my arms in disgust and write them off for the season.

I wouldn't give up on them either. Right now the final Wild Card spot is occupied by the Vikings sitting at 3-2. When you throw in Arizona only being up by 2 games with plenty of football left to play the Seahawks are definitely not out of it and wouldn't even be with a loss this week. I think the mental blow a loss this Thursday would be though is why I would write them off after this week.

The NFCW is still up for grabs imo...they have both games remaining with AZ, and SF....that's the good.

The bad...for SEA anyway...they face a brutal schedule and the margin for error is probably 1 or 2 games...8-2 probably gets them in.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos @ bye is underrated!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OAK...looks like an improved team but still not quite ready to get to that 9-10 win territory. I wouldn't be shocked if SD 9-10 games, but they need some tie breaker help.

NYJ @ NE...we get to find out just how good the Jets DEF is...I like this matchup for them, but in NE is tough.