• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Season Mood

Are you optimistic, pessimistic, non-committal or other about the upcoming season for the Broncos?

• Not going to fall for this pre season hype again. We still suck.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gauging the current and way too early mood of the best Broncos fans around. Our playoff drought has been mind-numbingly long. Vote, discuss and be merry.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a wait and see kinda gal.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time in my adult life, I’m more excited for my basketball team than my football team.

My expectations for the Broncos aren’t low, but after last year, I’ll wait and see. I’m sure Payton is going to right the ship, just don’t want to start thinking we’ll immediately be a 12 win team…

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be worse then last year. I can almost promise you that (fast forward, probably regret saying this with 100 injuries for the 5th year in a row)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be worse then last year. I can almost promise you that (fast forward, probably regret saying this with 100 injuries for the 5th year in a row)
This is why I'm not buying any hype this year. We have so much to prove and staying healthy is #1. Our depth is bad in key areas.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we're mostly on the same page. Payton should bring some mature leadership and hopefully better offensive play calling but there are depth issues and a culture of losing that's hard to overcome. Plus, we play in a tough division. I see the Broncos as a .500 or slightly above team this upcoming season. At this point, I would be pretty happy if we beat the Chiefs once. Sick and tired of hearing about that crappy record.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Broncos as a .500

The good news is, with a 17 game season, a .500 season is a nearly impossible task. Unless we’re expecting a tie game somewhere.

Win at home against KC then tie them at Arrowhead? That would be acceptable to me…

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our roster is as good as many think it is. Oline is still a question mark for me until proven with several new starters and what I see as a lack of depth, but it is better on paper. Pass rush has major injury questions and lack of depth as does the interior Dline and until I see Jevonte healthy the RB position is a question mark although I do love Samaje and that signing but he is a complimentary back. RW is also a huge question mark. Has he lost it? It does happen and the dude has taken more hits over his career than just about any other QB and that takes its toll.

I love getting Sean in as the HC, but I think we are a year away from real contention. Best case we grab the last WC spot. I hope I am wrong, but who knows. I guess the past 5+ years has worn on me and I am pretty pessimistic this year until I see a better team on the field.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our roster is as good as many think it is. Oline is still a question mark for me until proven with several new starters and what I see as a lack of depth, but it is better on paper. Pass rush has major injury questions and lack of depth as does the interior Dline and until I see Jevonte healthy the RB position is a question mark although I do love Samaje and that signing but he is a complimentary back. RW is also a huge question mark. Has he lost it? It does happen and the dude has taken more hits over his career than just about any other QB and that takes its toll.

I love getting Sean in as the HC, but I think we are a year away from real contention. Best case we grab the last WC spot. I hope I am wrong, but who knows. I guess the past 5+ years has worn on me and I am pretty pessimistic this year until I see a better team on the field.
I'd love to see us stay healthy and really evaluate this roster without excuses of IF IF IF. Whatever happens we move forward. As a football fan putting my diehard Bronco fan aside. I have no control on 23 outcome but, looking at AFC for next decade. If Broncos can't get a playoff spot in 23 I think 7-9 wins is worst scenerio longterm for us. I'm tired of losing like we all are but, if we want to battle AFC for a decade we need a legit decade long QB (Wilson won't play 10 years) to go forward with in Denver. It will be interesting to see what level of Wilson will Payton be satisfied with going with him til 2026/27

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see anyone saying our roster "is great", but we clearly did make upgrades this year on the OL, we have a proven coach. So some huge gaps filled this offseason that gives people something to at least look forward to. Don't forget how bad we were last year. I don't think anyone is calling for a Super Bowl, hell I haven't even seen the word playoffs used around here....But there are a lot of positive tools/resources we have added to at least give hope. We should be a better team. Nobody is using the word "great" team around here. At least from what I have seen. I think everyone has actually been pretty level headed with our team this year after a little more hype going into last year with Wilson.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't suggesting this board is saying playoffs or superbowl or that anyone is saying the roster is great (never used that word in my post), but a fair number of media types are predicting a 10-7 record and wildcard birth which I think is the absolute best case scenario and I just don't buy it until I see the product on the field as their are to many questions. More likely I see a 8-9 team that just misses the playoffs which I still see as a step in the right direction.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I expect a playoff run. It's the NFL so anything is possible. But I don't know if I'm so confident I expect it. One thing I do expect: the team will at least look like a professional football organization this year. Last year they looked (at least on offense) like they had no business being anywhere close to an NFL facility. At least until the last 2 games. I do expect, regardless of final record, this team will at least look like a professional football team. I don't have a lot of confidence in VJ at DC just yet. I do expect an improved offense, but an offset on defense. I also don't feel this is entirely going to derail the potential to get to 9 or 10 wins because the league doesn't care about defense anymore.

I also think injuries have a real vote here too. We have been so ridiculously affected by the injury bug I just have come to expect it at this point. 4 out of 5 of our best players will be out for the season before September is even over.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect real improvement on the sidelines, which should equal winning most of those close games we list last year. That alone puts us at 500.

I think we could feasibly be a wildcard team.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect real improvement on the sidelines, which should equal winning most of those close games we list last year. That alone puts us at 500.

I think we could feasibly be a wildcard team.
This is spot on and belongs in the Let’s go! thread.