• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best diss song ever

Which is your favorite?

• Jay-Z- Takeover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cassidy- RAID

• The Game- 300 Bars and Runnin'

• Common- The Bitch in Yoo

• Jadakiss- Animal

• Eazy-E- Real Muthafuckkking G's

• Eminem- Hailie's Revenge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound east coast bias right now because Masta Ace isn't even the best rapper with his own style, Eminem > Masta Ace any day, and that's not even based on a "commercial" level.

Masta Ace is nowhere near the top of my favourite MCs anyway, and I'm not sure exactly where you think I said that Masta Ace was a better rapper than Eminem.

That being said, you do know that Masta Ace was using that style back when Eminem was still a kid, right? If I was going to rag on someone I probably wouldn't use an artist whose style was heavily influenced by them, isn't that sort of complimenting the target by establishing him as an originator?

Also this is a little nitpicky but it's a pet peeve of mine... You meant "biased" I think. "Bias" is the noun, it's what a "biased" individual has.

You don't need to be "east coast biased" to realize that Eazy-E wasn't anything special, I suspect that lots of west coast guys realized it too before he died (hell Cube is on this ballot for stating it, isn't he?) and it not only suddenly became a sin to say anything negative about his music but he was essentially elevated to a position he had never earned while he was alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masta Ace is nowhere near the top of my favourite MCs anyway, and I'm not sure exactly where you think I said that Masta Ace was a better rapper than Eminem.

That being said, you do know that Masta Ace was using that style back when Eminem was still a kid, right? If I was going to rag on someone I probably wouldn't use an artist whose style was heavily influenced by them, isn't that sort of complimenting the target by establishing him as an originator?

Also this is a little nitpicky but it's a pet peeve of mine... You meant "biased" I think. "Bias" is the noun, it's what a "biased" individual has.

You don't need to be "east coast biased" to realize that Eazy-E wasn't anything special, I suspect that lots of west coast guys realized it too before he died (hell Cube is on this ballot for stating it, isn't he?) and it not only suddenly became a sin to say anything negative about his music but he was essentially elevated to a position he had never earned while he was alive.

LOL at thinking a Toronto affiliated person has an East Coast bias. And I agree, Eazy was the weakest of NWA.
I never have dinner with the President
And when I see your ass again, I'll be hesitant

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, never heard of any of those songs.... It looks like all rap and hip-hop...

Can we submit regualar song?

One of my favorites is from the Pink Floyd song 'Pigs':

Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are.
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are.
And when your hand is on your heart,
you're nearly a good laugh, almost a joker,
with your head down in the pig bin,
saying, " Keep on digging", pig stain on your fat chin.
What do you hope to find, when you're down in the pig mine?
You're nearly a laugh, you're nearly a laugh,
but you're really a cry.
Bus stop rat bag, ha ha charade you are.
You fucked up old hag, ha ha charade you are.
You radiate cold shafts of broken glass.
You're nearly a good laugh, almost worth a quick grin.
You like the feel of steel, you're hot stuff with a hat pin,
and good fun with a hand gun.
You're nearly a laugh, you're nearly a laugh,
but you're really a cry.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at thinking a Toronto affiliated person has an East Coast bias. And I agree, Eazy was the weakest of NWA.
And when I see your ass again, I'll be hesitant

Well in his defense I did live in NYC for 12.5 years, although I was in Toronto for longer and my "formative years" were spent there.

Like I said before Eazy gets taken down a notch for not writing much of his own material anyway, especially in a category such as this. Since a diss track is a personal response you really shouldn't be using ghostwriters for it.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to go here this but, this...

Kobe, how's my ass taste? Priceless...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I did know that actually, whether you want to believe that or not, I only mentioned Eminem to put Masta Ace in perspective, which is corny (sittin on chrome is commercial by the way). It has to suck when you create a style and you can't even do it right.

Depends on what you define as "earned", Eazy-E only rapped because nobody else in NWA had the balls to record a track at the time, that in itself should tell you something about his part in the group. He was the leader, he may not have written everything but his final album was written by him and wasn't too far behind what had been written for him up to that point.

Once again it's how you define special, he also discovered Bone Thugz N Harmony and Above The Law as well as Dr Dre, MC Ren and Ice Cube. That's a huge chunk of "golden age" hip hop, you can see why I think you don't know shit. It just sounds like you're talking down on artists simply because they have a large following, as if your taste is somehow better yet you play Masta Ace as your overlooked artist...

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about DJ Yella?

DJ%20Yella_03-05-2014.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did know that actually, whether you want to believe that or not, I only mentioned Eminem to put Masta Ace in perspective, which is corny (sittin on chrome is commercial by the way). It has to suck when you create a style and you can't even do it right.

Depends on what you define as "earned", Eazy-E only rapped because nobody else in NWA had the balls to record a track at the time, that in itself should tell you something about his part in the group. He was the leader, he may not have written everything but his final album was written by him and wasn't too far behind what had been written for him up to that point.

Once again it's how you define special, he also discovered Bone Thugz N Harmony and Above The Law as well as Dr Dre, MC Ren and Ice Cube. That's a huge chunk of "golden age" hip hop, you can see why I think you don't know shit. It just sounds like you're talking down on artists simply because they have a large following, as if your taste is somehow better yet you play Masta Ace as your overlooked artist...

Why do you keep coming back to Masta Ace as some kind of defining standard for me? Did I not already say that he's not even close to the top of my list? And you do know I wasn't the one that brought up "Sittin on Chrome" in this thread (nor did I even comment on it), right? I merely said that I liked that he (seemingly) tried to extend an olive branch in the "INC Ride" video and that "Acknowledge" is underappreciated as a diss track. I'll stand behind both of those comments, but neither one really suggests that I think that Masta Ace is some major hot shit.

I don't know shit because I'm not particularly impressed by Eazy-E, Bone Thugz and Above The Law? Seriously? Can you find me anyone out there who would have those 3 artists in their top 20 or so? There must be a whole lot of hip hop heads out there that "don't know shit" I guess. I could also never get into Bone Thugz because I can't unhear Myka 9 on "Mary" when I hear them. If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about, take a listen on youtube and tell me you can't hear the resemblance. This type of accusation gets thrown around a lot without much substance, but in this case it really smells a lot like unabashed style-biting.

If you want me to "play" an "overlooked" artist for real, I'll tell you who my choice would be. And it's even someone who's still making music.

Jeanie is amazing. Not just "for a woman", there are very few men doing it that can hang with her either.

Oops, she's from Brooklyn. I guess I'm showing my "bias" again.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE BONE!!! I HATE EAZY E!!! But I love me some of this...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep coming back to Masta Ace as some kind of defining standard for me? Did I not already say that he's not even close to the top of my list? And you do know I wasn't the one that brought up "Sittin on Chrome" in this thread (nor did I even comment on it), right? I merely said that I liked that he (seemingly) tried to extend an olive branch in the "INC Ride" video and that "Acknowledge" is underappreciated as a diss track. I'll stand behind both of those comments, but neither one really suggests that I think that Masta Ace is some major hot shit.

I don't know shit because I'm not particularly impressed by Eazy-E, Bone Thugz and Above The Law? Seriously? Can you find me anyone out there who would have those 3 artists in their top 20 or so? There must be a whole lot of hip hop heads out there that "don't know shit" I guess. I could also never get into Bone Thugz because I can't unhear Myka 9 on "Mary" when I hear them. If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about, take a listen on youtube and tell me you can't hear the resemblance. This type of accusation gets thrown around a lot without much substance, but in this case it really smells a lot like unabashed style-biting.

If you want me to "play" an "overlooked" artist for real, I'll tell you who my choice would be. And it's even someone who's still making music.

Jeanie is amazing. Not just "for a woman", there are very few men doing it that can hang with her either.

Oops, she's from Brooklyn. I guess I'm showing my "bias" again.

Well you came on here complaining about the list of chosen diss songs, and there aren't that many to choose from anyway, so I can see why you picked Masta Ace.

I don't think Eazy E is in my top 5 but I wouldn't call him a whiny little bitch who didn't do shit either. So in that sense yeah, you sounded as if you didn't know shit.

They said Bone Thugz stole Twista's style too, I sincerely doubt anybody heard of those guys (FF).

A female rapper? It all makes sense now lol no wonder you don't like Above The Law. It's all good though, we all got different tastes.:suds:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you came on here complaining about the list of chosen diss songs, and there aren't that many to choose from anyway, so I can see why you picked Masta Ace.

I don't think Eazy E is in my top 5 but I wouldn't call him a whiny little bitch who didn't do shit either. So in that sense yeah, you sounded as if you didn't know shit.

They said Bone Thugz stole Twista's style too, I sincerely doubt anybody heard of those guys (FF).

A female rapper? It all makes sense now lol no wonder you don't like Above The Law. It's all good though, we all got different tastes.:suds:

I wasn't really "complaining" about the list, I was just saying that the ballot choices sort of made the outcome of a vote that's open to everyone a little more obvious. How many people do you think bothered to listen to every choice before voting? The stuff that people already know about has an innate edge.

Have you ever actually listened to Jeanie? Female or not, she's absolutely amazing. She's well known for making guest appearances on male tracks and outshining them. You won't hear any fake gangster talk or anything about money from her though.

The first artist I mentioned in this thread actually wasn't Masta Ace but KRS-ONE. And he's definitely not to be fucked with. Hell, even Ice Cube had enough sense not to fire back at him when this was squarely aimed at him after he lipped off (of course Cube wasn't afraid of Eazy though). Too bad some of the best lines are bleeped.

If you don't think that people were listening to Freestyle Fellowship back before Bone Thugz were famous (especially people in the industry) you should check out "This Is the Life". I think it's on Netflix, maybe Hulu too.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really between Cube & Nas. 2Pac was a classic, but not on par with Cube or Nas.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://.youtube.com/watch?v=hteHcc9E3vc&feature=kp[/ame]
The Realest, Swoop G, Twist & Lil C style - Fuck Dre

A classic from some not know rappers.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0UPhZk7mG0"]DJ Quik - dollaz and sense - YouTube[/ame]

DJ Quick - Dollaz and Sense (MC eiht diss)

The 'Compton psycho' got embarrassed in this beef.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7KsU9MwEo&app=desktop]Westside Connection - King Of The Hill (Cypress Hill Diss) - YouTube[/ame]

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zAiyCqYgo]Young Buck - Taped conversation (50cent diss) NEW - YouTube[/ame]

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695zQ7mXDhM]Mobb Deep - Drop a gem on 'em (2pac diss) - YouTube[/ame]

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tupac - Hit Em Up and Ice Cube - No Vaseline were the two that popped into my head before coming on this thread.

Seduction - Eminem is a honorable mention, mostly because most people don't realize that it's a subliminal diss aimed at Jay-Z and he really rips him a new one.

Eminem goes "there is a 7 disc CD changer in her car, and I'm in every single slot, and you're not. Aww"

"Her" or the female referenced throughout the song is supposed to represent hip-hop. This was Eminem's 7th album and the "aww" is supposed to be mocking that retarded sound that Jay-Z does. Good song and he rips Jay a new one, it could also be interpreted as a diss to YMCMB because he goes "But if you think that you're fucking with me, homie you're on one.", possibly a reference to the song "I'm On One" featuring Drake, Lil Wayne and Rick Ross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJsIlRkgnQ