• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best diss song ever

Which is your favorite?

• Jay-Z- Takeover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cassidy- RAID

• The Game- 300 Bars and Runnin'

• Common- The Bitch in Yoo

• Jadakiss- Animal

• Eazy-E- Real Muthafuckkking G's

• Eminem- Hailie's Revenge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BJGHPdh8E]Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Look Into My Eyes - YouTube[/ame]

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little story I heard.
One of the Bones(the soft speaking one) had beef with an underground rapper here in Tucson in the 90s.
Bone started beef because the rapper kinda' sounded like him(not really). The underground rappers{(BMP/Brown Mexican Pride) <---some crazy mofo's} got word he was in a limo cruising the bus station on their side of town trying to pick up underage girls. They confronted him and bone got smashed in the mouth with a 40 bottle. Ouch.

If you ever get a chance to talk to an OG about their stories from back in the day, do it. It's like talking to an old person about their stories from back in the day. They tell some crazy stories, some bad, some sad and some that are freaking hilarious.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong, it wasn't a 40oz it was a 64oz. :what:
:suds:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit if everyone is just gonna post videos anyway I'll post one that I already mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ether

/

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be my favorite punk rock diss:

<3 The Vandals.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really "complaining" about the list, I was just saying that the ballot choices sort of made the outcome of a vote that's open to everyone a little more obvious. How many people do you think bothered to listen to every choice before voting? The stuff that people already know about has an innate edge.

Have you ever actually listened to Jeanie? Female or not, she's absolutely amazing. She's well known for making guest appearances on male tracks and outshining them. You won't hear any fake gangster talk or anything about money from her though.

The first artist I mentioned in this thread actually wasn't Masta Ace but KRS-ONE. And he's definitely not to be fucked with. Hell, even Ice Cube had enough sense not to fire back at him when this was squarely aimed at him after he lipped off (of course Cube wasn't afraid of Eazy though). Too bad some of the best lines are bleeped.

If you don't think that people were listening to Freestyle Fellowship back before Bone Thugz were famous (especially people in the industry) you should check out "This Is the Life". I think it's on Netflix, maybe Hulu too.

Most females try to sound like men, that makes me wonder the point to listening to them at all. I'm sure she has skill though.

I can't find that Freestyle Fellowship song on youtube and I don't use Netflix or Hulu.

EDIT: Never knew Drop A Gem On Em was a 2pac diss.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most females try to sound like men, that makes me wonder the point to listening to them at all. I'm sure she has skill though.

I can't find that Freestyle Fellowship song on youtube and I don't use Netflix or Hulu.

EDIT: Never knew Drop A Gem On Em was a 2pac diss.

Jeanie ghostwrites too. You probably already like her and don't even know it. :wink: Seriously though, check her out.

Sorry, I was sort of unclear. "This is the Life" isn't a Freestyle Fellowship song, it's a documentary about the Good Life Cafe and the scene there in the 90s. They talk a lot about all of the different industry people that used to come by to listen on open mic night, and how they'd hear stuff on albums shortly afterwards that sounded an awful lot like various Good Life artists. Probably overstating their case in general, but like I said before when you listen to Myka 9 on "Mary" it's tough not to think of Bone Thugs. And Eazy definitely knew who Myka 9 was and what he was doing (he wrote a couple of songs for the "NWA and the Posse" album)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_the_Life_(2008_film)

"Drop a Gem on 'em" was just a victim of awful awful timing. Too bad for them, it's not like they knew it was gonna happen that way.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeanie ghostwrites too. You probably already like her and don't even know it. :wink: Seriously though, check her out.

Sorry, I was sort of unclear. "This is the Life" isn't a Freestyle Fellowship song, it's a documentary about the Good Life Cafe and the scene there in the 90s. They talk a lot about all of the different industry people that used to come by to listen on open mic night, and how they'd hear stuff on albums shortly afterwards that sounded an awful lot like various Good Life artists. Probably overstating their case in general, but like I said before when you listen to Myka 9 on "Mary" it's tough not to think of Bone Thugs. And Eazy definitely knew who Myka 9 was and what he was doing (he wrote a couple of songs for the "NWA and the Posse" album)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_the_Life_(2008_film)

"Drop a Gem on 'em" was just a victim of awful awful timing. Too bad for them, it's not like they knew it was gonna happen that way.

@WLK I think Immortal Technique is really good, one of my favorites from him is 'internally bleeding'. I didn't like Vol. 3 as much though.

Twista got in the Guiness Book of World Records in 1992, and FF's first album in 1991 is a lot slower than Bone Thugz and Twista. But all that doesn't even matter, you realize that the vast majority of hip-hop beats are samples right? Everyone steals from each other, a person like Kanye West will even admit that to you. If you're an artist, it's only natural to make music that kind of sounds like the stuff you enjoy listening too. That's why Eminem's first album 'Infinite' sounds so much like AZ and Nas, but I don't knock that album because of that, it's a good fucking album lol. Another example, 2pac used a couple choruses in his careers that were identical to Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye lines, except with a few words changed. That's basically an ode to the past, and artists that he enjoyed greatly and had an affect on his life. I don't stress that stuff when it comes to music.

Here's a 2pac diss song you probably haven't heard.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the ultimate diss song.

"Beef is not what you say on a mic, beef is what George Bush would do in a fight."

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WLK I think Immortal Technique is really good, one of my favorites from him is 'internally bleeding'. I didn't like Vol. 3 as much though.

Twista got in the Guiness Book of World Records in 1992, and FF's first album in 1991 is a lot slower than Bone Thugz and Twista. But all that doesn't even matter, you realize that the vast majority of hip-hop beats are samples right? Everyone steals from each other, a person like Kanye West will even admit that to you. If you're an artist, it's only natural to make music that kind of sounds like the stuff you enjoy listening too. That's why Eminem's first album 'Infinite' sounds so much like AZ and Nas, but I don't knock that album because of that, it's a good fucking album lol. Another example, 2pac used a couple choruses in his careers that were identical to Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye lines, except with a few words changed. That's basically an ode to the past, and artists that he enjoyed greatly and had an affect on his life. I don't stress that stuff when it comes to music.

Here's a 2pac diss song you probably haven't heard.

I think there's a pretty big difference between 2pac using Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye choruses in tribute or an artist using (cleared and paid for for the most part) samples and a struggling artist still trying to break through using the style of another struggling artist.

That being said, I wouldn't be very impressed by Bone Thugs even if I'd never heard "Mary" before anyway. So it's a bit of a moot point.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a pretty big difference between 2pac using Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye choruses in tribute or an artist using (cleared and paid for for the most part) samples and a struggling artist still trying to break through using the style of another struggling artist.

That being said, I wouldn't be very impressed by Bone Thugs even if I'd never heard "Mary" before anyway. So it's a bit of a moot point.

Music is subjective and we clearly got different tastes and opinions lol. I happen to think Bone thugs built on the style, whether or not they heard FF or Twista first. It almost got serious between Twista and Bone but they decided nobody had to die over petty bullshit. Both Bone and FF formed around the same time anyway, I doubt Bone had a different style after they formed and if so, there's no evidence of that so there's no way of really knowing anyway.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little story I heard.
One of the Bones(the soft speaking one) had beef with an underground rapper here in Tucson in the 90s.
Bone started beef because the rapper kinda' sounded like him(not really). The underground rappers{(BMP/Brown Mexican Pride) <---some crazy mofo's} got word he was in a limo cruising the bus station on their side of town trying to pick up underage girls. They confronted him and bone got smashed in the mouth with a 40 bottle. Ouch.

If you ever get a chance to talk to an OG about their stories from back in the day, do it. It's like talking to an old person about their stories from back in the day. They tell some crazy stories, some bad, some sad and some that are freaking hilarious.

Great story. :lol:

The soft speaking one is Bizzy Bone and I actually saw him perform at my High School back in the day, he was faded as fuck of course.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Puffy couldn't resist talking in every song.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite diss line.
"Giving your set a bad name with your misspelt name.
E-I-H-T. Now should I continue? Yea. You left out the G 'cause the G ain't in you."
-DJ QUIK (MC eiht diss)