• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best CB ever?

Who is the best CB ever?

• Deion Sanders

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Mel Blount

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Rod Woodson

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dick "Night Train" Lane

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Dick LeBeau

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Darrell Green

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Mike Haynes

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Mel Renfro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Willie Brown

• Aeneas Williams

• Herb Adderley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't a big hitter, but can anyone remember a time when his tackling cost his team the game? I can't think of any times.

Living the Dream

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders wins this no doubt. Picking someone from your favorite team is homerism. You have to be unbiased and have decent football knowledge. That is why 50% takes the win for sanders.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders wins this no doubt. Picking someone from your favorite team is homerism. You have to be unbiased and have decent football knowledge. That is why 50% takes the win for sanders.

I picked a player from my arch rivals. Don't think you can call everyones picks homerisms.

By the way it isn't who was the best cover corner, but best cornerback.
I knew Sanders would win it because all the exposure he got as a great Corner vs. others on this list. I just disagree in my unbiased opinion. he is no where near the most complete corner so I cant say he was the best to play the "position".

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This vote is a little closer than I thought it would be. Neon Deion only has 50%:noidea:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Steelers fan that picks Rod Woodson...:shocked:

Um...is that any different than a 49er's fan that picked Deion Sanders?

That's not why I picked Rod...Rod, as I said, hit like a LB and still had the speed to play cover corner. Let's not forget that he made the NFL's 75th anniversary team and Deion didn't.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...is that any different than a 49er's fan that picked Deion Sanders?

That's not why I picked Rod...Rod, as I said, hit like a LB and still had the speed to play cover corner. Let's not forget that he made the NFL's 75th anniversary team and Deion didn't.

Rod was a great CB but nobody ever covered like Deion. He played with QB's and allowed receivers to appear open. Then he pounced on them when the QB thought he had a window. I just think Deion's cover skills were second to none. It's not like he's going to be inducted as a 49er, Midnight.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to give some props to a nemesis. Darrell Green. Not only was he a top CB but he stayed that way his whole career. Which was a pretty long career. hell I wonder if as an old man if he can come out here & still outrun some of these DBs.
A very impressive list in this poll though.

Figure Deion will win it since he had so much exposure, where some older CBs back in the day had hardly any exposure. (I didn't pick Deion)

Darrell Green Runs 4.43 40-Yard Dash on 50th Birthday

He supposedly ran a 4.43 at age 50 (an age where a lot of ex-NFLers can hardly move) & a 4.2 at age 40. Crazy.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod was a great CB but nobody ever covered like Deion. He played with QB's and allowed receivers to appear open. Then he pounced on them when the QB thought he had a window. I just think Deion's cover skills were second to none. It's not like he's going to be inducted as a 49er, Midnight.

Not doubting his cover skills, it's his tackling that sucked. And if you read through the thread you'll see I'm not the only one with that concern, and that's why some of us can't name him as the GOAT.

And my second point was you can't pounce on me for naming Woodson as the GOAT because I'm a Steelers fan then turn around and name Deion as a 49er's fan. It's just hypocritical.

Your naming Deion had nothing to do with him being a 49er. Right?

Me naming Rod had nothing to do with him being a Steeler.

Cut me the slack you cut yourself.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not doubting his cover skills, it's his tackling that sucked. And if you read through the thread you'll see I'm not the only one with that concern, and that's why some of us can't name him as the GOAT.

And my second point was you can't pounce on me for naming Woodson as the GOAT because I'm a Steelers fan then turn around and name Deion as a 49er's fan. It's just hypocritical.

Your naming Deion had nothing to do with him being a 49er. Right?

Me naming Rod had nothing to do with him being a Steeler.

Cut me the slack you cut yourself.
Me naming Deion really has nothing to do with him playing for the Niners. I promise that. I always respected him and even liked him, prior to him being a Niner and then going to the hated Cowboys. His skill was undeniable.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me that help makes my point about how problematic it is to rank players from different eras. For example, if Deion played when teams were run-heavy offensively, do you think he'd even make the list of GOAT CBs?

Yes, he would still make the list.Deion would still be one, if not the best cover corners in the league. The way he affected offenses to play. Saw it with his time on the 49ers

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went Green he was absolutely sick probably one of the fastest corners ever. I also like Sanders but a lot of his fame came from returns and I'm basing this strictly on corner play.

Green was really good too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion hands down. He made tackles when he had to. But more importantly, he completely shut down his side of the field. I saw him handle all time greats like Jerry Rice and Andre Woodson......the only guy I ever saw get the best of him regularly was Michael Irvin......everyone else usually got shut down.

I also liked Darrell Green, dude was just so fundamentally sound. You might beat him once or twice......that's about it.