• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Benson files suit

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're an idiot. I don't even know what you're talking about with my brother. I argue with him more than I do you. I'm not upset about the RB debate at all since, clearly, you were wrong, as evidenced by the rest of the people here agreeing with me, as well as almost every single GM in the NFL who would draft a RB in the 1st round if needed. I'm not concerned about that. I call out people who need called out. If it's you, fine, if it's my brother, fine. If it's Kramer, fine. You like to make a bunch of ruckus, and make it look like you're using facts, then back off those claims, saying you were just using hyperbole or some other such nonsense. I get it. I don't mind. I was just making a point. You called Benson an idiot.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's your exact post:

Any idiot can file any suit that he wants.

But I guarantee he won't have a leg to stand on as he too signed the CBA which includes (I'm assuming) the exemption of the 8 players.

Those 10 players were too faced with "tough luck" because whatever they didn't receive was part of what was agree upon. I'm afraid Benson is in the same boat.

Furthermore, not a chance in hell he sues the NFLPA. The organization won't allow it (yes they can) and his agent will be opposed it as well.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1) Yes, any idiot can file any lawsuit. That statement is in response to your statement, "I assume he can file any lawsuit he wants".

DUH!

Any idiot (*generally speaking*) can file any lawsuit he wants. At any time. Hell, I ccould go to court right now and file a lawsuit against you for not understanding basic English.

2) If you read my response, which you clearly didn't, I clearly stated I missed the angle where he'd be playing chicken with the league and file his suit BEFORE his appeal in order to gain leverage. Which is a great move on his part. It puts pressure on the league to rule in favor of his appeal, so as to not bring negative attention. However, if they play chicken right back and don't rule in his favor, I still fully expect it not to get anywhere near a court. It would only be in his best interest (long run). This last part is just common sense which is why I expected a lawsuit never to be filed with the team and his agent (for Benson's sake) opposing it.

I hope you don't have too much trouble following that. But then again, I'm sure you won't read it and will respond with some other drivel.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And LOL if you are using Tubbs and Kramer as any kind of measurement of the validity of your opinion.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not measuring anything of mine against Tubbs and Kramer. I'm comparing you to them.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even Whitworth didn't know anything about this.

"Cedric Benson wasn***8217;t the only one who was surprised he was part of an agreement between the league and NFLPA, which allowed Benson to be subject do discipline by Commissioner Roger Goodell for getting in trouble during the lockout. Add his player rep, Andrew Whitworth, to that as well.

Said Whitworth for his reaction to the letter and a possible three-game suspension for Benson: ***8220;It doesn***8217;t make a whole lot of sense to me. I feel like it***8217;s the wrong decision and I also believe the union let those eight guys down. I don***8217;t feel like that was fair. To me, if I was told that was a make or break, I would have said that***8217;s a make or break deal that we were going to sell out eight guys to have an agreement.***8221;

Whitworth also has problem with exception for eight | Bengals Blog

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I never called him an idiot for possibly filing a lawsuit.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/46288-interesting-twitter-exchange.html

You really did not have to search very hard for that thread had you wanted to get your facts straight, but of course that wasn't your m.o. I do find it cute though you running to the defense of your brother.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/46218-jerome-simpsons-future-2.html

Almost identical call out of your brother.

Or maybe you're still upset about the RB debate in the thread in which you clearly became UNHINGED.

All that said, back to the topic. Initially, I had not thought of nor would I have expected him to file suit PRIOR to his case being heard on appeal. Had I, I wouldn't have been so adamant that a case would never be filed*. Yes, I believe this is a smart move. He's playing a game of chicken. Hoping the NFL wants no part of the negative PR this brings. HOWEVER, I still stand by him having no leg to stand on if his appeal is denied and this actually goes to court. In which case, he only has to lose from Goodell and his rep as far as the NFL is concerned. In which case, in a way, I guess you could call it "idiotic".

*if his appeal is denied, I still wouldn't be surprised if the lawsuit is dropped before it hits court. Only furthering my opinion that the lawsuit is a "negotiating" ploy.

The bolded seems to have been exactly what was at play. Though the suspension was reduced, he still has to serve one game but the lawsuit seems to have been dropped.