• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals vs Steelers Game Thread

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I distinctly remember at least three or four plays where the announcers showed on replay wide open Bengals recievers that Dalton clearly just did not see. If the announcers are pointing out three or four then there has to be more that weren't quite as glaring.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. We won the fucking game and we're in the playoffs. The fucking Steelers are out, thanks to us. If you have to trash our quarterback after all that, go ahead. I swear to God, some people are never happy. Well, I'm exstatic, so to those of you who aren't , fuck you.

I'm out. Who dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jesus Christ. We won the fucking game and we're in the playoffs. The fucking Steelers are out, thanks to us. If you have to trash our quarterback after all that, go ahead. I swear to God, some people are never happy. Well, I'm exstatic, so to those of you who aren't , fuck you.

Repped. (in spirit only, obviously)

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I distinctly remember at least three or four plays where the announcers showed on replay wide open Bengals recievers that Dalton clearly just did not see. If the announcers are pointing out three or four then there has to be more that weren't quite as glaring.

yeah dude. i do not remember that. only pkay that i remember Simms saying anything about was the TE over the middle...and if memory serves dalton came right back w a terrific end zone throw to marvin jones that was well defended. if anything i remember phil simms pointing out how good some of Dalton's thows were on incompletions...but maybe people just hear what they want to.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It didnt have to be against his body though. He was scrambling for no reason. Also, it happens in most games, where he is hesitant about throwing to receivers that are open. Its frustrating to see Dalton make his own job harder at times.

And no, I do not think, especially in our offense, is he typically asked to make that many difficult throws. Certainly nothing more than any NFL QB should be asked. Yes, Pittsburgh has a good defense, and it showed today, but not good enough that I think we should be ok getting zero production from our offense.

we have a strong OC and run a west coast style offense...and i am not talking about most games i am talking about this one. the fact of the matter is that there were no easy yards today. Several of dalton's completions came on well defended plays and under pressure. for the most part, he put the ball where ti needed to go. in many cases, he put it in the only plce it could go.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you Doug -- I'm as hard on the Bengals as anyone, but they deserve credit here. It was a big moment for the team and they came through.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you Doug -- I'm as hard on the Bengals as anyone, but they deserve credit here. It was a big moment for the team and they came through.

The defense came thru. Dalton is/was terrible.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The defense came thru. Dalton is/was terrible.

Yup, but by the way some are talking about Dalton's play, he was instrumental in this victory when in fact he mustered all of 6 points and that was only when he was given the ball on Pittsburgh's side of the field.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, he's obviously mediocre, but is it time to draft a new franchise QB? we have so many other needs, and next seasons schedule is going to be tough anyhow.

I'm pretty sure he'll get another year at least.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any QB's coming out in this draft to get excited about in the first place?

This team is in dire need of a playmaking running back. BJGE is not it.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup, but by the way some are talking about Dalton's play, he was instrumental in this victory when in fact he mustered all of 6 points and that was only when he was given the ball on Pittsburgh's side of the field.

So we are going to say he was terrible because he didn't see Jermaine Gresham on one play? Granted the thow to hawkins that got picked was very poor. Other than that, I remember him missing one short out to Green that he threw too low.

What other throws did he miss that were makeable? Honestly, you guys act like he left a ton of plays on the field. He didn't. And for a guy who criticizes Dalton for not being able to put the ball in tight windows I would hope that you would at least acknowlege that andy made some huge throws yesterday. Often in the biggest of moments. Many of his incompletions were outstanding passes in the tightest of windows where he gave his WR a chane to make a play. off the top of my head:

the 4th and 22 pass to green
the throw to jones in the end zone
the deep over the shoulder pass to green
the deep sideline pass to green that polamalu broke up.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drunks shouldn't be allowed to post (ecstatic)

Oh, and I'll continue to look at Dalton objectively and criticize where warranted. After sobering up and reviewing the entire game, I still think he played well against a great defense. Servo was obviously at least not as drunk as I was, and he made excellent points about Dalton's play.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug was giving me some hell. Good times.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yea, I was pissing and moaning with the rest of ya.

Dalton played well I thought.

I thought play calling sucked as usual. Our secondary must have been great

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ginge put a 21 yarder on the knuckles with the game on the line with seconds left to put us in the tourney

this can not be argued

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So we are going to say he was terrible because he didn't see Jermaine Gresham on one play? Granted the thow to hawkins that got picked was very poor. Other than that, I remember him missing one short out to Green that he threw too low.

What other throws did he miss that were makeable? Honestly, you guys act like he left a ton of plays on the field. He didn't. And for a guy who criticizes Dalton for not being able to put the ball in tight windows I would hope that you would at least acknowlege that andy made some huge throws yesterday. Often in the biggest of moments. Many of his incompletions were outstanding passes in the tightest of windows where he gave his WR a chane to make a play. off the top of my head:

the 4th and 22 pass to green
the throw to jones in the end zone
the deep over the shoulder pass to green
the deep sideline pass to green that polamalu broke up.

Feel free to read the thread. But of course you only pay attention to things you want to pay attention to.

Dalton missed a ton of long passes especially in the first half. And as far as leaving plays on the field, only a homer could argue otherwise when the offense was responsible for exactly 0 points on their own. I don't really care if Dalton made several nice plays to go 40 yards and then held the ball too long or overthrew Gresham that stalled the drive.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
forget it,,,,,,,,,,jeeze yas humbugs

go root fer yer globetrotters