• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals vs Steelers Game Thread

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Feel free to read the thread. But of course you only pay attention to things you want to pay attention to.

Dalton missed a ton of long passes especially in the first half. And as far as leaving plays on the field, only a homer could argue otherwise when the offense was responsible for exactly 0 points on their own. I don't really care if Dalton made several nice plays to go 40 yards and then held the ball too long or overthrew Gresham that stalled the drive.

Why would I want to read through this thread? I already know what it says. Here is my imitation of the gameday thread without actually looking at it:

Poster 1: Bengals defer on the kickoff. Marv is a joke! An absoulute bum
Poster 2: Steelers return to the 35. Ballgame.
Poster 3: Dalton sucks. Did you see him miss Jones in the endzone? Embaarrsingly bad.
Poster 4: Yeah, Dalton sucks. This team is a joke!
Poster 1: Of course Marv lets the Steelers score right before half time. What a fucking joke. This team sucks!
Poster 2: Ballgame
Poster 3: Dalton with the pick. God he sucks. Why they don't play Gradkowski is beyond me.
Poster 2: LMAO! Ballgame. Steelers win. Season over. This team sucks.
Poster 1: And some people thought the Bengals could win this game. LMAO!

I mean, is that about it? Am I missing something or is it the same borderline retarted analysis that I have come to expect in the game day threads.

So instead of telling me what I think feel free to post something of actual substance. Go ahead and quote what you are referring to because I'm not about to read through the thread. I presume that you acknowleged that Dalton made some good throws, is that it? Or did you just continue to make blanket statements that he was terrible?

Let me ask you this...was BJGE also horrible today? Or maybe the Steelers defense was so good that there were no plays for him to make?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters one thru four would all appear to be Kramer...just sayin'

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Posters one thru four would all appear to be Kramer...just sayin'

I've made the mistake of logging on to those game threads. I know what they look like. And actually I think Kramer is pretty funny...but I can only take him in small doses. Those threads are like a Kramer blitzkreig...and other posters adopt the same 'bengals suck/this team is a joke' persona.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should join in.....it's somewhat cathartic, but a fun way to watch the game......

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nah. I watched the game yesterday with a good beer in one hand and my baby boy in the other arm. Bengals beat the Steelers. Really doesn't get any better. I'll continue to pop in post game.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would I want to read through this thread? I already know what it says. Here is my imitation of the gameday thread without actually looking at it:

Poster 1: Bengals defer on the kickoff. Marv is a joke! An absoulute bum
Poster 2: Steelers return to the 35. Ballgame.
Poster 3: Dalton sucks. Did you see him miss Jones in the endzone? Embaarrsingly bad.
Poster 4: Yeah, Dalton sucks. This team is a joke!
Poster 1: Of course Marv lets the Steelers score right before half time. What a fucking joke. This team sucks!
Poster 2: Ballgame
Poster 3: Dalton with the pick. God he sucks. Why they don't play Gradkowski is beyond me.
Poster 2: LMAO! Ballgame. Steelers win. Season over. This team sucks.
Poster 1: And some people thought the Bengals could win this game. LMAO!

I mean, is that about it? Am I missing something or is it the same borderline retarted analysis that I have come to expect in the game day threads.

So instead of telling me what I think feel free to post something of actual substance. Go ahead and quote what you are referring to because I'm not about to read through the thread. I presume that you acknowleged that Dalton made some good throws, is that it? Or did you just continue to make blanket statements that he was terrible?

Let me ask you this...was BJGE also horrible today? Or maybe the Steelers defense was so good that there were no plays for him to make?

I did not post in the game thread during the game, nor have I read it. You attempted to call me out saying give Dalton credit for making passes in tight coverage since I'm always critical of him not being able to. My point is, if you can't bother to read the thread, let alone the 3-4 pages prior to where you started posting - you know all the post game pages where people give their assessments, then it's probably not a good idea to try to call someone out. It's as simple as that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've made the mistake of logging on to those game threads. I know what they look like. And actually I think Kramer is pretty funny...but I can only take him in small doses. Those threads are like a Kramer blitzkreig...and other posters adopt the same 'bengals suck/this team is a joke' persona.

As if anyone would need to "adopt" such a personal. The Bengals do suck and the team is a joke. I guarantee even the biggest homers on this board don't give the Bengals much of a chance in the playoffs. Heck, one of the bigger homers in Doug hopes to play Houston, yet still can't guarantee anything. It's hard to be positive about any matchup.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I did not post in the game thread during the game, nor have I read it. You attempted to call me out saying give Dalton credit for making passes in tight coverage since I'm always critical of him not being able to. My point is, if you can't bother to read the thread, let alone the 3-4 pages prior to where you started posting - you know all the post game pages where people give their assessments, then it's probably not a good idea to try to call someone out. It's as simple as that.

so you haven't criticized dalton for not being able to throw in tight windows..is that what you're saying?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I absolutely have. But I also gave him credit for the throws that he made. But for the 3rd time, before you attempt to call someone out, you should know what you're talking about first. And for the 2nd time, slow down and read carefully. Don't read just what you want to hear.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I absolutely have. But I also gave him credit for the throws that he made. But for the 3rd time, before you attempt to call someone out, you should know what you're talking about first. And for the 2nd time, slow down and read carefully. Don't read just what you want to hear.

because I was wrong? you say that all the time. That and that Dalton has not beaten top defeneses. Where did you give Dalton any credit? All I've heard out of you is that he deserves no credit. please quote for me the post that you are refering to...the one where you give Dalton props for making good throws..and i'll shut up.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In there somewhere is mention of him having improved as the game went along, although he still missed some throws. Consistency still is an issue as I've always held up and as he showed this game as well, but he hit more this game than he has in the past. That's about as much credit as he will get.

He hasn't beaten the better teams, and he's always struggled against top defenses.

That's the contention and that still holds true with the exception of the Giants, but in a sort of a twist of irony, they're showing they really aren't that good (8-7). And as far as the Steelers, 1) they aren't a "better" team (7-8), and 2) Dalton again struggled.

That said, barring a matchup against the Texans or Ravens, our defense likely won't hold up, so I'd love to see Dalton actually carry his team to victory over a playoff team, instead of always losing or being carried (though this arguably really hasn't ever happened).

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can take solace in the fact that we're in the playoffs and we have a "chance".

If we get blown out in the first round again though, I will change my tune. But yes mar in has just bought himself another extension and Ralston has solidified at least 5 years. Probably closer to 8.

Or our offense made their defense look much better than it really is. I'd actually lean that way given our previous 2 weeks play which the offense has no excuse for and Pittsburgh's defensive play all season.

They're also 8th in ppg giving up 20.8 a game. Our defense gifted us 7 and then the other 6 points they gave us the ball on Pittsburgh's side of the field. That accounts for all 13 of our points.

Our offense was horrendous. There really is no way to sugar coat it.

Furthermore, the number 1 in yards allowed is more indicative of how good their offense is at holding onto the ball rather than how good their defense is. They're 2nd in TOP.

This.

But they love the strawman's argument and will twist it any way they can to make you out to be a hater.

There was also that play in the 1st or 2nd quarter where Dalton threw to Green in the endzone and missed him out of bounds where Gresham was wide open on a great route in the middle of the field. One that he likely would have run into the endzone. They showed the replay and how that was obviously Dalton's first look but he either didn't have the confidence to make the pass or didn't have the ability to foresee Gresham getting open.

It would've put us up 14-3 or 14-0.

Google it.

He got better in the 2nd half than the 1st, but he missed a lot. That long ball on the 3rd and 1 to Green on our 2nd to last possession was a big one.

Yup, but by the way some are talking about Dalton's play, he was instrumental in this victory when in fact he mustered all of 6 points and that was only when he was given the ball on Pittsburgh's side of the field.

Feel free to read the thread. But of course you only pay attention to things you want to pay attention to.

Dalton missed a ton of long passes especially in the first half. And as far as leaving plays on the field, only a homer could argue otherwise when the offense was responsible for exactly 0 points on their own. I don't really care if Dalton made several nice plays to go 40 yards and then held the ball too long or overthrew Gresham that stalled the drive.

In there somewhere is mention of him having improved as the game went along, although he still missed some throws. Consistency still is an issue as I've always held up and as he showed this game as well, but he hit more this game than he has in the past. That's about as much credit as he will get.

He hasn't beaten the better teams, and he's always struggled against top defenses.

That's the contention and that still holds true with the exception of the Giants, but in a sort of a twist of irony, they're showing they really aren't that good (8-7). And as far as the Steelers, 1) they aren't a "better" team (7-8), and 2) Dalton again struggled.

That said, barring a matchup against the Texans or Ravens, our defense likely won't hold up, so I'd love to see Dalton actually carry his team to victory over a playoff team, instead of always losing or being carried (though this arguably really hasn't ever happened).

Alright Rey, first you get pissed off that I 'called you out' on something that you have regularly said then question my reading comprehension by refering to a post that doesn't exist. I read the damn thread. No where did you make any allusion to Dalton doing anything positive. Thanks for wasting my time, pal.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Rey, first you get pissed off that I 'called you out' on something that you have regularly said then question my reading comprehension by refering to a post that doesn't exist. I read the damn thread. No where did you make any allusion to Dalton doing anything positive. Thanks for wasting my time, pal.

Waste of your time, indeed....he's not worth the trouble, though he's provoked me in the past to waste my time, too....my New Year's resolution is to pretend he doesn't exist........

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What do I have to do, list out every single throw? There's no pleasing some of you. You're going to take any comment in the connotation that suits your own predisposition.

At best Dalton was inconsistent with his throws, especially his long ball. In the first half it was pretty downright awful. In the second half he got better. He doesn't deserve any more praise than that.

If that isn't enough, then I really can't help you.

p.s. reading that post again, you completely ignored the context in which it was made. Read the post that I was directly responding to. The comment I made was actually in defense of Dalton to give him credit for improving into the 2nd half.

Silly you.

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Waste of your time, indeed....he's not worth the trouble, though he's provoked me in the past to waste my time, too....my New Year's resolution is to pretend he doesn't exist........

Wasn't last years' resolution to block me? How did that work out?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it just me...

or was there just a good reason not to use a "change of pace" running back Sunday?
we seem to have lost confidence in Peerman, Leonard, and Herron.
Ok, Peerman has an ankle injury, that makes since. but the other two?

I thought one of the nice things about BJGE, besides his "ball control" was the fact that he wasn't a primadonna like Benson who thought he was the shit and needed 50 carries a game.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't last years' resolution to block me? How did that work out?

This is the last time I am going to address you. You are not blocked, and haven't been for two months. I do not intend to block you now or in the future. I just will no longer respond to you. You are an arrogant, condescending prick, who really doesn't deserve anyone's bother. I can't control what others do, but I am done with you for good this time. I gave it a try again, and all you did was to confirm what I already knew about you. I wish you a happy life.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've noticed many people on this board become very sensitive when you try to put things in context they aren't able to own their own about their idols.

It's kind of sad, it's just football.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed many people on this board become very sensitive when you try to put things in context they aren't able to own their own about their idols.

It's kind of sad, it's just football.

LMAO about 'idols.'

You have been crying since Palmer has been gone. I'd say about 80% of your posts either deal with Palmer or Dalton..... I've even begun to consider the idea that you might be related to the guy, or at least went to school with him.